• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,744 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:52 AM

Man listen, I don't know what to make of this, but let me shoot my shot here. 

Figueroa hasn't fought since December 2015 and he was fat as fuck, so a July fight would put him at 19 months....and he wants to fight Guerrero?

Let's be clear here, Guerrero won a fight since the Kamegai fight in 2014. And yes, on paper, he won the Martinez fight in 2015, but that was a BS decision and Guerrero knows that, but whatever. 

At the end of the day, Figueroa's NOT a pure boxer, which will give Guerrero all the chances he needs to get himself "back in the talks". Bad fight for Omar.

Thoughts?

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 914 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

Figueroa is overrated. No defense. He just throws punches. He can take a punch though. If Guerrero has anything left, he should be able to outbox him. But pride and Figueroa's pressure will make this an all action fight.
Ghost by split decision.

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,744 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

Figueroa is overrated. No defense. He just throws punches. He can take a punch though. If Guerrero has anything left, he should be able to outbox him. But pride and Figueroa's pressure will make this an all action fight.
Ghost by split decision.

Man that defense is damn near non-existent :lol:

I like his style of fighting, but I believe Guerrero can put him down. I think I'm more concerned about him being in shape enough to compete at Welterweight. I mean, Guerrero's clearly past it, but he's never a walk in the park.

I hope he's in tip-top shape and looks like a considerable welterweight. I'm not saying that he has to have abs and shit, but that retired stripper body that he sported in the Demarco fight was enough to make me bet against him. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#4 Jovi

Jovi

Super Bantamweight

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

Surprisingly, I'm going for ghost on this one. 

Omar been inactive, is moving up (I believe), has no defense, going in against the more experienced/slicker fighter. Plus Guerrero didn't look so terrible against the last 2 opponents. 

I just hope Omar is the favorite, this looks like a good fight to bet on.  :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users