Photo

Showtime@5PM(ET)/2PM(PT) Brook vs. Spense-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 wiley

wiley

Amateur

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

Great fight! Two great warriors laying it on the line... both are chaampions and deserve respect for doing what most of us wish we could!
  • flazi, wiley and Cshel86 like this

#102 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

What a fucking fight!! Kudos to those who picked Spence. I picked Brook. Happy to be wrong on this one. Spence was gritty and I love what he said about pacing at the end about Brook. He's absolutely right. Brook likes to dictate a fairly slow and deliberate pace. When Spence cranked it up, KB had no answers.

Spence will stop Thurman too. Thurman is smaller than Brook and will have tons of trouble for many of the same reasons, with this young guy.  

• Cshel86 and Plah like this

#103 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,744 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

Its not that. Its the manor he lost his two fights. I mean come on hes just had surgery on his other eye and now his good eye is fucked? I mean come on

I may have jumped the gun a bit, MG. My bad. I posted that right before they reported the seriousness of his eye injury. You're right, when your face can no longer hold up, it's time to make some hard decisions. Touche.

• flazi likes this

#104 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

Now Amir Khan wants to fight Kell after two bad eyes and a drop in weight. This fuck.

#105 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,539 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:38 AM

Really sad for Brook,

It's the other eye that's fucked.  The first time from GGG.  Now from Spence.  I think that Spence or Brook could beat Crawford.  (Move up in weight for TC.).  But it's moot, because I don't think Brook's eyes are gonna hold up anymore.

Spence beats Thurman, who I felt lost a close one to Garcia.  Had Keith ahead after 10 rounds, but he lost the last two.  He might try to play it safe with Spence late and you can't do that.  No, no one sends Thurman to the morgue.  But Keith loses to Spence I would say.  Thurman, Spence, Porter, and Brook are cool guys for boxing.

Great fight marred by the eye injury.  Who knows what might have happened had the eye problem not occurred?

I had it 6-4 or 96-93 for Spence at the time of the stoppage.

Jack

#106 MAHDI

MAHDI

Super Featherweight

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

If Collazo can fold Thurman with a body shot.. Spence may not send him to the morgue but his overrated ass id definitely going to the hospital. Thurman has no KO power at 147 and he has used his legs in his last four or five fights once he realizes his one time shit is not working. I also had him losing to Garcia who now it seems is an after thought undeservingly. Spence goes about his business like Mike Mccallum--- the body snatcher and Marvin Hagler and his defense is good ---many of Brooks punches hit arms and elbows-- He also showed a damned good chin---

Edited by MAHDI, 29 May 2017 - 07:31 AM.

• flazi likes this

#107 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:34 PM

Spence is a special talent and a special fighter.

I had Brook up 5-1 after 6 rounds, but after that it was a demolition job by Spence. I was especially impressed by how Spence just stuck to putting his punches together instead of panicking after the early success Brook was having.

His power is unreal, especially at 147 lbs. His hand speed is good. His defense is "generally good enough" and I was especially impressed at his gas tank.

If I am to be a neutral observer, I will say that his offense can be rather robotic. He kept throwing a jab, followed by a left uppercut to the body and then tried to get in close. Brook picked up on this and kept countering over the top of Spence's jab, knowing that a double jab or lead left hand wasn't coming.

Ultimately, it didn't matter because the shots that Spence was able to land were so devastating that Brook couldn't handle it in the late rounds, and that's a credit to Spence because hey, you do have to land those shots for them to do damage.

Spence will need a few more years before he's able to lose that "stiffness" in his attack and add things like the double jab, the sudden straight left, changing up rhythm and angles so that he's a more "complete" fighter.

The best overall fighters in the world (in my opinion), are as follows: Andre Ward, Guillermo Rigondeaux, Vasyl Lomachenko, Roman Gonzalez and Terrence Crawford.

Spence is very close to joining this group, but it has to be after he adds a wider range of offensive skills and loses the robotic nature of his attack.

I do think that if Terrence Crawford and Errol Spence fought right now, that I would bet on Crawford walking away with a Decision Victory. We've seen it over and over again in the history of Boxing: skills pay the bills and Crawford's movement, defense and most of all his ability to switch stances at will would have Spence confused for the majority of the fight.

It is possible that Crawford can't survive until the final bell, but you would have to put your money on Crawford by decision based on history.

However, it takes nothing away from Spence. Spence is like Marvin Hagler...you never have to worry about him stinking up the joint. He's coming to destroy people and break them down round by round.

He's a dream fighter, really. I say that because it's fighters like Spence who can bring casuals into Boxing. Just invite a bunch of people, order some food, sit back and watch them go wide-eyed as the carnage begins. 

We should be thankful that we've been blessed with a fighter like Spence to help create a new generation of Boxing fans.

• flazi and KSUN247 like this

#108 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

I may have jumped the gun a bit, MG. My bad. I posted that right before they reported the seriousness of his eye injury. You're right, when your face can no longer hold up, it's time to make some hard decisions. Touche.

Its aight, maybe the coranas got to me :P

But I just don't know with Brook, I honestly think its a shame because in terms of boxing "skill" I think hes better than Khan, especially in his fight with Porter. But a domestic fight with Khan can swing in his favor, but at light middleweight the punchers are only gonna be harder for those eyes.

• flazi likes this

#109 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

Spence is a special talent and a special fighter.

I had Brook up 5-1 after 6 rounds, but after that it was a demolition job by Spence. I was especially impressed by how Spence just stuck to putting his punches together instead of panicking after the early success Brook was having.

His power is unreal, especially at 147 lbs. His hand speed is good. His defense is "generally good enough" and I was especially impressed at his gas tank.

If I am to be a neutral observer, I will say that his offense can be rather robotic. He kept throwing a jab, followed by a left uppercut to the body and then tried to get in close. Brook picked up on this and kept countering over the top of Spence's jab, knowing that a double jab or lead left hand wasn't coming.

Ultimately, it didn't matter because the shots that Spence was able to land were so devastating that Brook couldn't handle it in the late rounds, and that's a credit to Spence because hey, you do have to land those shots for them to do damage.

Spence will need a few more years before he's able to lose that "stiffness" in his attack and add things like the double jab, the sudden straight left, changing up rhythm and angles so that he's a more "complete" fighter.

The best overall fighters in the world (in my opinion), are as follows: Andre Ward, Guillermo Rigondeaux, Vasyl Lomachenko, Roman Gonzalez and Terrence Crawford.

Spence is very close to joining this group, but it has to be after he adds a wider range of offensive skills and loses the robotic nature of his attack.

I do think that if Terrence Crawford and Errol Spence fought right now, that I would bet on Crawford walking away with a Decision Victory. We've seen it over and over again in the history of Boxing: skills pay the bills and Crawford's movement, defense and most of all his ability to switch stances at will would have Spence confused for the majority of the fight.

It is possible that Crawford can't survive until the final bell, but you would have to put your money on Crawford by decision based on history.

However, it takes nothing away from Spence. Spence is like Marvin Hagler...you never have to worry about him stinking up the joint. He's coming to destroy people and break them down round by round.

He's a dream fighter, really. I say that because it's fighters like Spence who can bring casuals into Boxing. Just invite a bunch of people, order some food, sit back and watch them go wide-eyed as the carnage begins. 

We should be thankful that we've been blessed with a fighter like Spence to help create a new generation of Boxing fans.

He reminds me of sparring a guy just heavier than me, I avoid his power shots but his body blows hit and he slows me down, I try to earn his respect but it means nothing to the bigger guy. Unless am perfect I can't beat him. I think Spence is the next WW king, I can't see anyone escaping those body blows.

• flazi likes this

#110 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

He reminds me of sparring a guy just heavier than me, I avoid his power shots but his body blows hit and he slows me down, I try to earn his respect but it means nothing to the bigger guy. Unless am perfect I can't beat him. I think Spence is the next WW king, I can't see anyone escaping those body blows.

i remember a guy i sparred, he was older and bigger.  after a few rounds i would feel like i was carrying luggage off my waist lol.  he would trap me in the corner and hammer me think tarver jones 1.  i couldn't hurt him with anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users