• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:00 AM

Maybe it's the Teacher in me that felt the need to correct you.  How about you try using Spellcheck the next time out!

How about you stop dodging the point.

#22 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,555 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:57 AM

As long as Floyd and Oscar breathe air on this Earth, they're gonna troll each other to no end. I just don't get why Oscar feels that Canelo/GGG will lose buyers just because Floyd will fight 3 weeks earlier. I mean, it makes sense, but Canelo vs GGG is just as big of an event as Floyd/McGregor (in my opinion). 

Both of these fights are what the fans want. Floyd's fight is more about novelty and curiosity, versus Canelo and GGG which is a pick em fight  that fans have demanded for nearly 2 years now, if not longer. 

We all know how fickle boxing fans can be though, so I'll just ride with Oscar on this one. I actually hate the Mayweather/McGregor fight, I really do. However, it's a Mayweather fight and the whole "Will he finally lose?" factor is still attached to it.I just hope this shit isn't $100. 

#23 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

As long as Floyd and Oscar breathe air on this Earth, they're gonna troll each other to no end. I just don't get why Oscar feels that Canelo/GGG will lose buyers just because Floyd will fight 3 weeks earlier. I mean, it makes sense, but Canelo vs GGG is just as big of an event as Floyd/McGregor (in my opinion). 

Both of these fights are what the fans want. Floyd's fight is more about novelty and curiosity, versus Canelo and GGG which is a pick em fight  that fans have demanded for nearly 2 years now, if not longer. 

We all know how fickle boxing fans can be though, so I'll just ride with Oscar on this one. I actually hate the Mayweather/McGregor fight, I really do. However, it's a Mayweather fight and the whole "Will he finally lose?" factor is still attached to it.I just hope this shit isn't $100. 

You know why, because Mayweather receives the most buzz in the sport, and then with a really popular guy like Conor McGregor, they are getting ALL of the buzz. You see it everywhere, non-stop. Once people blow all their money on Floyd's fight, they're going to be mad once again at the results, and then give up on Boxing. The fans will still tune in, but the casuals will tune out. Happened after Mayweather-Pacquiao, will happen again.

• mgrover likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users