• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

I think it's just a classic case of "dealing with the issue at hand" (Mayweather/McGregor), rather than people not caring or talking about Canelo/GGG.

We've all seen boxing fans F it up in the past....so if this fight doesn't sell as much as anticipated, then I won't be surprised. Boxing fans crave and clamor fight, until a price tag is attached to it. 

I mean seriously, there's a 4 month gap between May and September....you mean to tell me that a real fan can't come up with $65-$75 during that time? You mean to tell me that one can't set aside $15 a month for what is called the biggest fight in recent history (Canelo/GGG)? You mean to tell me that one can't sit down with his friends and strike up a deal to split $65-$75 either 2 to 4 to 5 ways???

I'm not buying any of those excuses. Yeah, I know...."Cshel, you don't know what people are going through". Again, I don't buy it at all. When fights are on premium tv, what do fans do? Complain, though they didn't have to pay a PPV fee. When fights are network tv, what do fans do? They complain, beg for more, and complain even more. 

With that said, it's safe to say that people just want something to complain about. If Canelo "ducked" GGG all this time and people aren't willing to pay for it now that it's set in stone, then who's the real ducker? Boxing fans call out fighters to make big fights, then they duck the prices. Lol

College football will be in swing during Canelo and GGG, they might have to weigh that issue. Either way, this fight is going to do well. 4.6 million? No, but it can crack over two. The crowds for these press conferences are amazing. Plus add the race thing in there...booom

#32 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

College football will be in swing during Canelo and GGG, they might have to weigh that issue. Either way, this fight is going to do well. 4.6 million? No, but it can crack over two. The crowds for these press conferences are amazing. Plus add the race thing in there...booom

Too much faith. Canelo-GGG will do a little over a million, maybe less.

#33 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:31 PM

Too much faith. Canelo-GGG will do a little over a million, maybe less.

I was talking about Floyd and McGregor

#34 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

I think they should be okay, regardless of the college football schedule. I believe I remember GBP saying that they're going to start the PPV card at 8PM/EST, rather than 9.

Now, had they waited to started it at 9, Canelo and GGG would probably be entering the ring around 11:30 or 11:45 at the latest....so football should be wrapping up by then. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users