• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

This fight right here!!! July 29th needs to come quick! AB has the skill but he is an idiot. Mikey, one of my favorites to watch but he is slow! Who yawl got?
  • Franchize and BrutUalBK like this

#2 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

Mikey is one of my favorite but i think he might be biting of more than he can chew in the 140s.  He has the skills but i think broner, if he makes weight and is not drained and takes this fight serious (lots of ifs i know), beats him with speed and quickness.  An out of shape and out of focus broner loses a sd.

• mrwigi likes this

#3 mrwigi

mrwigi

Bantamweight

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:54 PM

Mikey is one of my favorite but i think he might be biting of more than he can chew in the 140s.  He has the skills but i think broner, if he makes weight and is not drained and takes this fight serious (lots of ifs i know), beats him with speed and quickness.  An out of shape and out of focus broner loses a sd.

I'm with you. Mikey has also become one of my favorite fighters but at 140, if Broner takes things seriously its a dangerous fight for Mikey. Either way, I think I want to see this fight more than any other this year

• flazi likes this

#4 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:21 AM

AB has the skillset to really make Mikey look ordinary, but I still ride with Mikey, because AB is the type of guy by this point who can't "overcome" in these high stake fights. Mikey doesn't have the style to give Broner trouble either, but I can see some frustration setting in on both sides, because of the patient pure boxing styles of both fighters. It comes down to who can outpoint who, and I feel like Mikey has the edge in that.

#5 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

mikey will humiliate broner with his controlling of range and his power is going to be enough to get a flash KD. UD mikey garcia. hes never even threatened in the fight by anything adrien broner has at any point. broner is a joke ith zero skills. he is nothing but a gifted athlete pretending to be a boxer. he has zero ring IQ and doesnt work hard at the skill side of boxing. there is a reason why he has all the physical tools in the world yet looks completely lost out there everytime he fights a b+ level guy. if he cant walk you down then he cant win. good luck trying to walk mikey down. thats like trying to walk loma down. lol

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

I'm still wondering how Mikey will deal with fighting at this weight, he's never been this heavy before. Broner does pretty good against smaller guys and limited guys, Mikey being the smaller guy moving up in weight. 

I believe Mikey just fought at 135, correct? I just don't want him in there looking slop-bodied while trying to make the weight, like Juan did against Floyd years ago. Maybe he'll come in a couple lbs lower, maybe 137 or 138. 

#7 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:43 AM

I'm still wondering how Mikey will deal with fighting at this weight, he's never been this heavy before. Broner does pretty good against smaller guys and limited guys, Mikey being the smaller guy moving up in weight. 

I believe Mikey just fought at 135, correct? I just don't want him in there looking slop-bodied while trying to make the weight, like Juan did against Floyd years ago. Maybe he'll come in a couple lbs lower, maybe 137 or 138. 

The weight is definitely going to be a factor. Weight doesn't effect everyone the same, but Mikey I see slowing him down, maybe making him sloppy. That's why I don't see a pure shutout in his favor, when everyone thinks hes gonna blow through Broner. Broner is going to give him problems bad, and I'd be surprised if he didn't.

#8 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:53 AM

This is as much a pickem fight as you can get. Mikey in his prime more resembled Robert Garcia than his fighters. That is, he was more a boxer puncher than an all out, balls to the wall warrior like Maidana, Rios, Margarito etc. That said, since the layoff, he seems more focused on his offense and appears to go up in weight between fights like the rest of his camp resulting in a guy who is more likely to get hit and be in wars. X Factor of all X factors is Broner's state of mind. Will he be focused and prepared or will we get excuse making, slogan slinging, Broner who will declare he's matured months after the fight while proclaiming how he had to cut some friends off...(like chicks do on social media every new year "New Year New Me"). Either way, this is a make or break fight for Broner as a significant name in boxing. Lose this fight decisively and he becomes the guy you beat before they you beat to get your belt. Hard to be "About Billions" when you're the new Carlos Quintana/Louis Collazo/Chris Algieri 

Edited by Franchize, 11 June 2017 - 12:54 AM.

#9 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:52 AM

People are sleeping on AB. As much as a dumb ass he is he can fight. I think the speed and footwork of AB is going to be key. Mikey likes to stand and trade, good boxer but sloe. The main issue with AB is AB. If he shows up and focuses, he will win.

#10 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

This fight right here!!! July 29th needs to come quick! AB has the skill but he is an idiot. Mikey, one of my favorites to watch but he is slow! Who yawl got?

Mikey is going to beat him, he has much more skill, discipline and power....the only advantage I see for Broner is speed but he's not all that fast.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users