40 replies to this topic

#11 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,963 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

I'm going with the good BIG man in this one. Mikey may have been better with testing 140 first. I love the fight and think Broner gives Mikey his 1st loss

• flazi likes this

#12 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

I'm going with the good BIG man in this one. Mikey may have been better with testing 140 first. I love the fight and think Broner gives Mikey his 1st loss

Not disagreeing with you but just want to know your logic behind it.  Break down how you see the fight going in your eyes.  I see broner too quick and sharp in the first 3 rounds then Mikey going to the body to try to slow him down.  Broner is a good counterpuncher and Mikey is not a come forward fighter, he is a counter puncher himself so i think if he gets out of has made him this successful it will be his downfall.  

They are saying that he has Maidana power.  He might, but the problem Broner had with Maidana was his awkward delivery.  Mikey is too technically sound to deliver like that, othrodox is perfect for Broner.  

I went to live fights of Maidana and the sound the punches made when he connected clean i have never heard before from a fighter his size.

oh btw my scenario of a broner win is only if he is in shape.

#13 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

If Broner is actually serious he should win, but when was he last serious about training. A leopard doesn't change its spots, and Mikey is always in shape for a fight for a guy who doesn't care about boxing that much.

• flazi likes this

#14 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,963 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

Not disagreeing with you but just want to know your logic behind it.  Break down how you see the fight going in your eyes.  I see broner too quick and sharp in the first 3 rounds then Mikey going to the body to try to slow him down.  Broner is a good counterpuncher and Mikey is not a come forward fighter, he is a counter puncher himself so i think if he gets out of has made him this successful it will be his downfall.  

They are saying that he has Maidana power.  He might, but the problem Broner had with Maidana was his awkward delivery.  Mikey is too technically sound to deliver like that, othrodox is perfect for Broner.  

I went to live fights of Maidana and the sound the punches made when he connected clean i have never heard before from a fighter his size.

oh btw my scenario of a broner win is only if he is in shape.

I agree with what you said about Maidana's awkwardness. I dont see any comparison between Mikey and Maidana. I think Mikey is very technically sound kinda like John Stockton was in hoops. He does everything right. Possibly the most fundamentaly sound fighter today. I've become a big Mikey fan over the years. However, I think Broner is bigger, faster and can make a case for his power at 140 against a smaller guy coming up. He's more like Allen Iverson if we continue the hoops comparison. Although i think Stockton is the greatest point guard to ever lace em up, if he went 1 on 1 against Iverson, I'd pick him to lose. Same thing here. Mikey is solid, but wont be able to overcome Broner's size, speed and athleticism. And a RBR breakldown would just have Broner landing harder and more frequent shots. Mikey will get his too, but speed would be the order of the day. 

Also regarding Broner, his antics have toned down and he's shown a willingness to take tough fights. He gets a measure of respect from me for that. This is a tough fight. 

• flazi likes this

#15 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

Broner lacks power and overall skills plus for his garbage shoulder roll his defense is severely lacking, Mikey has sound fundamentals, pretty good defense and more one punch power than the highly overrated and BUM ass Broner.

I can't wait to see Broner rolling on the canvas face first.

#16 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

Broner lacks power and overall skills plus for his garbage shoulder roll his defense is severely lacking, Mikey has sound fundamentals, pretty good defense and more one punch power than the highly overrated and BUM ass Broner.

I can't wait to see Broner rolling on the canvas face first.

I dunno about the power statement, he seemed to drop Porter pretty cleanly. Other than that pretty spot on

• flazi likes this

#17 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:24 AM

He got 6 baby mamas and 7 kids, if that ain't inspiration, I don't know what is. Dude is about to go Evander status. Include his own lifestyle....shiite
  • flazi and Cshel86 like this

#18 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

I agree with what you said about Maidana's awkwardness. I dont see any comparison between Mikey and Maidana. I think Mikey is very technically sound kinda like John Stockton was in hoops. He does everything right. Possibly the most fundamentaly sound fighter today. I've become a big Mikey fan over the years. However, I think Broner is bigger, faster and can make a case for his power at 140 against a smaller guy coming up. He's more like Allen Iverson if we continue the hoops comparison. Although i think Stockton is the greatest point guard to ever lace em up, if he went 1 on 1 against Iverson, I'd pick him to lose. Same thing here. Mikey is solid, but wont be able to overcome Broner's size, speed and athleticism. And a RBR breakldown would just have Broner landing harder and more frequent shots. Mikey will get his too, but speed would be the order of the day. 

Also regarding Broner, his antics have toned down and he's shown a willingness to take tough fights. He gets a measure of respect from me for that. This is a tough fight. 

thanks.  Yeah broner does take on tough fights.

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#19 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:02 PM

Mikey looks like he don't give a fuuuugg, and I'm here for it! I'm loving this fight more and more after the pressers this week. AB really can't disrespect Mikey like he's done a lot of his past opponents, which isn't always the best sign for him.

Porter and Maidana weren't moved by it, and Robert Garcia's probably gonna have a decent strategy to keep AB busy thinking. 

#20 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:21 AM

do you guys watch broners last fight? he almost got knocked out by adrian granados for fucks sake??? AB is done, over, beat, shit. he is what he is, a fake imitation of the shoulder roll with no ring IQ behind it. idk about you guys but ive heard the same story over and over and i fell for it 5 times already and im done falling for it. the old "broner is focused this time" headline. nah im done. broner has shown me shit in his last 4 fights against tomato cans and part time cab drivers. mikey garcia is going to humiliate him. size dont mean shit, skills pay the bills. mikey has skills and ring IQ for days. he is so fundamentally sound its sickening. his timing is unreal. accuracy is what drops guys, not pure power alone. mikey is only going up 5 pounds, thats not a big deal, he is the one whos going to be able to eat hat he wants and be comfortable on fight night. broner is the one hos going to be suffering making weight, hence the reason he almost got KOe by a bum last time. he barely making 140, but he has no choice because he cant beat nobody at 147 and he knows it LOL. poor broner

• The Original MrFactor, Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users