• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#21 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

speed is useless is he cantt understand how to utilize it and what advantage it gives him in this fight. broner cant even beat a scrub cab driver let alone conceptualize how to master his on speed and implement it against a fighter with excellent timing and range

edit: i just dont trust broner anymore. i refuse to. he has been fighting the same way since 2013. he cant use his legs. he literally doesnt know ho to box off the back foot. ive never seen him do it and i never will

Edited by klonopinz, 24 June 2017 - 12:26 PM.

#22 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,744 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

speed is useless is he cantt understand how to utilize it and what advantage it gives him in this fight. broner cant even beat a scrub cab driver let alone conceptualize how to master his on speed and implement it against a fighter with excellent timing and range

edit: i just dont trust broner anymore. i refuse to. he has been fighting the same way since 2013. he cant use his legs. he literally doesnt know ho to box off the back foot. ive never seen him do it and i never will

I won't argue with this one....probably until next week, lol. 

I don't think this is a good fight for Garcia, mainly because he doesn't have the work rate to keep Broner thinking. Maybe, just maybe he can time Broner and counter him. I think Broner still has enough to discourage Garcia by imposing his size early and walk him down, if Garcia bends. 

I like this style matchup though! It's all about who can strike first and make the biggest impact early on. 

#23 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

one thing bout broner is his fights are always fun in one ay or another. as a fighter i cant stand him but as a person hes funny as shit and i love his bullshit out the ring. boxing needs characters and were lucky to have him

• flazi likes this

#24 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:44 AM

he seems to be training his ass off for this fight. he must realize if he loses this fight his career is basically over. hes going to end up like robert guererro is now, just a gatekeeper/ stepping stone. ab cant just win this fight, hes the bigger man fighting a guy coming off a big layoff, he needs to dominate this fight. if he fights like he has the last 3 times against sub par cab drivers and barely squeaks by against mikey with a split decision while getting rocked multiple times n looking like he got a gift, then thats as bad as a loss IMO. He has to sho he isnt just coming to fight and in shape, that isnt enough for him to win these fights at this level. he has to show improvement in his skillset. I have a feeling broner has peaked and hes going to be the same old dude eve been seeing since 2013.

• Cshel86 likes this

#25 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,744 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

he seems to be training his ass off for this fight. he must realize if he loses this fight his career is basically over. hes going to end up like robert guererro is now, just a gatekeeper/ stepping stone. ab cant just win this fight, hes the bigger man fighting a guy coming off a big layoff, he needs to dominate this fight. if he fights like he has the last 3 times against sub par cab drivers and barely squeaks by against mikey with a split decision while getting rocked multiple times n looking like he got a gift, then thats as bad as a loss IMO. He has to sho he isnt just coming to fight and in shape, that isnt enough for him to win these fights at this level. he has to show improvement in his skillset. I have a feeling broner has peaked and hes going to be the same old dude eve been seeing since 2013.

Every fight's AB's last fight....it's been like that since he lost to Maidana. Lol

You're right, he needs to look nothing less than stellar against Mikey. Anything less than that, then people will accuse him of being "shot". 

#26 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:31 PM

i love mickey and all, i think he is so well rounded but i don't think his chin has really been tested.  i could be wrong, maybe it has.  For a guy who never was really interested in boxing he sure does it great.  his fight against juanma was picture perfect for teaching a new boxer distance and ring control.  that being said i think he will suffer a few knockdowns against broner and lose a ud.  i just hope he doesn't come out in that cowboy hat lol he looks ridiculous in it.

• Cshel86 likes this

#27 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,744 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

i love mickey and all, i think he is so well rounded but i don't think his chin has really been tested.  i could be wrong, maybe it has.  For a guy who never was really interested in boxing he sure does it great.  his fight against juanma was picture perfect for teaching a new boxer distance and ring control.  that being said i think he will suffer a few knockdowns against broner and lose a ud.  i just hope he doesn't come out in that cowboy hat lol he looks ridiculous in it.

The cowboy hat is a staple! I'd be in a real superstitious mood if he didn't wear it. Lol

He may have to suffer a bit through this fight and take an L.....I won't rule it out. I'm not so sure he's fought anybody that fights like Broner...and the same goes for Broner. I still like the fight either way and really don't want either guy to lose.

Garcia has somewhere to go if he loses (back to 135 for a title shot).....I can't say the same about Broner. 

• flazi likes this

#28 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

yeah broner has no where to go if he loses.  it would be on to gatekeeper status.

#29 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,744 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

July is long as fuck, I keep thinking the fight is this weekend, but it's next weekend. Lol

Everybody's making a big deal of Broner being 144 lbs and happy that he's gonna make weight next week. Sad stuff. That's his job, nobody should be making a big deal of him doing something that he's supposed to be doing anyway (making weight). 

• flazi likes this

#30 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

Initially, had Garcia by SD. I have no faith in Broner anymore. He never takes boxing serious. I see Mikey schooling him en route to a win by unanimous decision. Would not be surprised at a TKO either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users