Photo

PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Ward vs. Kovalev II-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#71 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

Remember that Mares and Abeko (spelling) fight? Those were low blows and dude still finished the fight. Serg is a crying racist bitch. Take that shit back to Saint Elsewhere
  • flazi, Franchize, BrutUalBK and 1 other like this

#72 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:33 PM

ward dominated from the openi9ng bell. his defense was on point, his upper body movement was escellent, he was a moving target and kovalev could never find him. i was very impressed with ward  in this rematch. he looked like he got his feeling back after all that inactivity. his reflexes weere sharp and he wasnt afraid to counter kovalev with hard shots. he was comfortable on the back foot and boxing masterfully. i wasnt surprised at the stoppage because naziim richardson said this before the dawson fight, dont be fooled by his boxing prowess, the dude can crack! and he did. same shit here. 

#73 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:35 AM

gift my ass, looks like your KKK hero got beat fair and square now all you who are on his coattail are whining and making as many excuses as he has.  a third fight would do nothing but produce more of the same with Ward dominating and KOing him even earlier.

some really mad white people tonight.

why the low blows then? are you telling me this aint low?

19225456_1496582577064777_79160276938253

#74 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:04 AM

He is bending over. Low blows didn't beat Kov, his lack of gameplan and conditioning is to blame. Again Maidana hit Floyd low and fans told him to suck it up, I say the same
  • flazi and Franchize like this

#75 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,954 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:08 PM

Unfortunately, I was out and come in at the end of round 6. I don't know who was winning up to that point. I think that the blows at the end started with a few unquestionably legal blows to the beltline. Kovalev crouched over, head beneath the waistline and Ward hit him where he could to the body. Based on positioning of Kovalev's body and arms, Ward didn't have a clear target. If you're the fighter, do you stop and let Kovalev get up? I'd keep throwing those shots that seem to be hurting the other guy. Based on Sergey's position, Ward couldn't really see where the shots were landing. from the pics and vids I've seen, they do look a little low. Its the Ref's discretion at that point. If the shots were considered low, then he could certainly call time, warn Ward or take a point. Or he could stop the fight because Kovalev wasn't defending himself. Weeks who is an outstanding ref chose to stop it.

If there's any issue with the fight, its not Andre Wards fault or problem. He went in there and got punched in the face multiple times for his trouble. You can blame the ref, the commission or whoever but not the fighters. Its a fucking fight. They fought.

• flazi and KSUN247 like this

#76 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:15 PM

He lost, deal with it. 

He got his ass kicked and so much more came before the "low blow" and the punch that led up to the final "low blows". He was hardly even in the fight, and I can't even see why people gave him so many rounds for doing so little. Ward earned every round that he won in the first fight, and people didn't give him credit....because they were so busy giving Kovalev rounds for what he could've possibly done (had he landed).

They seemed to be doing the same in the rematch. So many people talk shit about Harold Lederman's scorecards, but the ones who call themselves hardcore fans, agreed with his cards in this fight....which was horrible. Kovalev did nothing but complain and get his ass kicked in the rematch. 

Low blows, where?

• Dolimite and klonopinz like this

#77 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:07 PM

He is bending over. Low blows didn't beat Kov, his lack of gameplan and conditioning is to blame. Again Maidana hit Floyd low and fans told him to suck it up, I say the same

Maidana literally kneed Floyd and tackles him. Ortiz also left his feet to headbutt Floyd in one of the most blatant fouls in boxing history but they called HIM the cheater. If we're going to nitpick about punches on the belt line, let's talk about the headlock Sergey put Ward in numerous times when ward got on the inside

• BrutUalBK and Dolimite like this

#78 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:31 PM

You love to, reach don't you?  It is very apparent that Kovalev is slumped over thus making it a little harder to see the shot landing on the beltline.  It's clear as day to me that he landed exactly where Weeks showed him the punches were legal.

None of these blows would have even been questionable in the first place had not Kovalev tried his best to conceal the fact that he's a soft ass bitch who can't take a shot to the stomach and had his damn cup raised up to his neck.

The racist piece of sh*t got what he deserved and I pray that there would be a 3rd fight so that Ward KO's him even quicker thus leaving no more excuses like the last two fights have been.

Y'all just can't except that this Russian was beaten by an American but simply because his skin is white or moreso because Andre's skin is black y'all got a problem conceding to the fact that he just got his ass kicked.

Too bad, get over it................it's over.

#79 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:35 PM

Maidana literally kneed Floyd and tackles him. Ortiz also left his feet to headbutt Floyd in one of the most blatant fouls in boxing history but they called HIM the cheater. If we're going to nitpick about punches on the belt line, let's talk about the headlock Sergey put Ward in numerous times when ward got on the inside

They're just trying to come up with some lame excuse to say that Ward cheated so they can claim this is the only reason their Great White Hope lost.

Sergey threw a ton of rabbit punches, put Ward in several headlocks and held them even when the Ref said break as you pointed out but all they want to focus on is punches on the beltline.

Ward never went below the cup, never hit Kovalev in the balls and never intentionally swung aiming at the groin area.  

No more excuses White people, please just accept it.  I'm getting tired of y'all being bigots and racists and worst of all is being a bunch of excuse making Sore Losers like Kovalev.

#80 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:04 AM

Are people seriously saying the last shot wasn't low? Alright support your boy Son of Golota

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users