Photo

PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Ward vs. Kovalev II-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,744 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

Are people seriously saying the last shot wasn't low? Alright support your boy Son of Golota

I just believe that people are tired of Sergey and his excuses. Both he and Ward had something to prove in the rematch...which basically revolved around controlling the pace of the fight and winning definitively.

For a guy whom publicly stated numerous times that he was going to end Ward's career and leave no doubt in the judges' and public's eyes, he sure went out there and stunk up the joint. 

• flazi and Dolimite like this

#82 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

I just believe that people are tired of Sergey and his excuses. Both he and Ward had something to prove in the rematch...which basically revolved around controlling the pace of the fight and winning definitively.

For a guy whom publicly stated numerous times that he was going to end Ward's career and leave no doubt in the judges' and public's eyes, he sure went out there and stunk up the joint. 

Are you telling me a guy who feels robbed in the first fight, isn't going to be like not another fucking thing in the second fight?

#83 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:33 AM

who gives a shit about a potential low blow? did you atch the fight bro! kovalev got outclassed by a fuckin master! he got dominated from round 1. it as clear as shit. kovalev literally didnt want to be in there anymore and he fuckin quit. do you remember that part in the round where they clinched and he just hung over tired as fuck even after they broke? thats proof right there that he was beaten physically mentally spiritually and some could argue sexually.  kovalev got fuckin owned

• flazi, Cshel86 and Dolimite like this

#84 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:44 AM

After rewatching the fight last night, Weeks did his job. Those body shots did Kov in. He didn't want to continue... Ledderman needs to fuckin retire. His cards are terrible
Roy predicted the fight perfectly. When Kov hunched over he didn't fight back, he was defenceless. He had wasn't throwing for shit. Kov quit.

Edited by Dolimite, 25 June 2017 - 07:45 AM.

• flazi, Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#85 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,539 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

I side with Mgrover in this fight,  I also did not see Ward dominating at all.

This fight reminded me very much of the first fight with Kovalev taking the early rounds and Ward coming on later.  Tony Weeks started out well with the stern warning to Ward in round two and than the warnings to both fighters to "keep it clean."  After that, the warnings stopped.  I believe that the blows that ended the fight in the 8th round were low, especially the last shot.  I had it 5-2 for Kovalev, with Ward taking the last two rounds.  I would accept 4-3 for Kovalev, but would not accept Ward ahead.  Tony Weeks should have warned Ward in the 8th round and taken a point away for the last shot.

And for Ward fans, they were deprived of a clear-cut victory in the fight.  No question that Segey was getting tired.  But in a fight for the Light-Heavyweight Championship of the world with multiple belts on the line, you don't stop a fight like that.  We could have seen a definitive win.  Instead we have another fight wrapped in controversy.  Andre Ward has not had a non-controversial win over a quality opponent since Carl Froch.  Personally, I think Andre Ward is an over-rated fighter and Max Kellerman has a gay-love relationship with him.

Having said that, Ward is very hard to beat because he clinches and times his punches while not allowing fighters to get outside shots off of him.  I don't like that style of fighting.  Andre Ward clinches and grabs too much for my tastes.  I would rather see Ward with a better boxing promoter, such as Top Rank, or Al Haymon.  Roc Nation is in serious trouble, and there are rumors that they may be out of boxing by next year.  Andre may go to Top Rank.  This is another thing that I heard.  Ward does not excite me as a fighter.  I believe that Kovalev got screwed, again.  Hard to believe that Tony Weeks, who worked Corrales-Castillo I, allow both fighters to come back from the dead in my favorite action fight of all time would stop this fight so early.  Ward should have been given the opportunity to finsh of Kovalev in convincing, not controversial fashion.

Jack

#86 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Maybe some common ground can be found, since fighters seem to be wayy too dumb to take a knee, would bringing back standing counts be a good idea? Basically the ref counts the KD, instead of instantly stopping the fight.

#87 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,744 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

I side with Mgrover in this fight,  I also did not see Ward dominating at all.

This fight reminded me very much of the first fight with Kovalev taking the early rounds and Ward coming on later.  Tony Weeks started out well with the stern warning to Ward in round two and than the warnings to both fighters to "keep it clean."  After that, the warnings stopped.  I believe that the blows that ended the fight in the 8th round were low, especially the last shot.  I had it 5-2 for Kovalev, with Ward taking the last two rounds.  I would accept 4-3 for Kovalev, but would not accept Ward ahead.  Tony Weeks should have warned Ward in the 8th round and taken a point away for the last shot.

And for Ward fans, they were deprived of a clear-cut victory in the fight.  No question that Segey was getting tired.  But in a fight for the Light-Heavyweight Championship of the world with multiple belts on the line, you don't stop a fight like that.  We could have seen a definitive win.  Instead we have another fight wrapped in controversy.  Andre Ward has not had a non-controversial win over a quality opponent since Carl Froch.  Personally, I think Andre Ward is an over-rated fighter and Max Kellerman has a gay-love relationship with him.

Having said that, Ward is very hard to beat because he clinches and times his punches while not allowing fighters to get outside shots off of him.  I don't like that style of fighting.  Andre Ward clinches and grabs too much for my tastes.  I would rather see Ward with a better boxing promoter, such as Top Rank, or Al Haymon.  Roc Nation is in serious trouble, and there are rumors that they may be out of boxing by next year.  Andre may go to Top Rank.  This is another thing that I heard.  Ward does not excite me as a fighter.  I believe that Kovalev got screwed, again.  Hard to believe that Tony Weeks, who worked Corrales-Castillo I, allow both fighters to come back from the dead in my favorite action fight of all time would stop this fight so early.  Ward should have been given the opportunity to finsh of Kovalev in convincing, not controversial fashion.

Jack

Kovalev got dusted in this fight, and you know it. I seriously don't see how people gave Kovalev all of those rounds, it was clear as day that he just wasn't in the fight. You can't say that it went the way the first fight did, when Ward clearly in trouble early and had to claw his way back in the fight. 

If Kovalev sucks at fighting inside, why would Ward feel the need to clinch so much? As far as I saw, Ward worked him on the inside and at a distance. I saw Kovalev land a couple of noticeable shots in the fight, but none of them moved Ward, slowed him down, or kept him off. None of them. 

Sergey was in BIG trouble in route to the stoppage. HUGE trouble. Before finished him, Kovalev backed into the corner with his hands DOWN and looked winded. The fact that Kovalev didn't immediately protest the stoppage, should be a clear indicator that he was a beaten man. 

I would have believed your card 5-2 or 4-3 for Kovalev, had it been based off of you watching the stream because they can be choppy and unclear at times. The fact that you saw the replay in HD and still had that same score, is hard to believe. 

Kovalev's body language in this fight versus the first fight is all that needs to be brought up, in addition to him not protesting the stoppage immediately after. He was beaten man and it's sad that people won't acknowledge the body shot and right hand that started Kovalev's demise in the 8th. 

#88 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,744 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:53 PM

who gives a shit about a potential low blow? did you atch the fight bro! kovalev got outclassed by a fuckin master! he got dominated from round 1. it as clear as shit. kovalev literally didnt want to be in there anymore and he fuckin quit. do you remember that part in the round where they clinched and he just hung over tired as fuck even after they broke? thats proof right there that he was beaten physically mentally spiritually and some could argue sexually.  kovalev got fuckin owned

But they don't hear you though!

There are so many people pressed to give Sergey rounds that he didn't earn, period. He was nowhere near as comfortable as he was in the first fight. People just hate Ward, probably because of race (which they'll ever admit), and that's contributing to this nonsense about the fight ending controversially. 

Kovalev is trash against guys who make him think and won't cower down in his presence. Sergey couldn't win this one for the Gipper, and that's fine, he lost. His fans are trash and have enabled him to make the excuses that he's been making. His fans are nothing more than knockout-friendly fans, or casual fans. When a real fight's in front of them, they struggle with reality. He's done. 

#89 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

Thats what I'm saying. These borderline (or should I say beltline) blows are distracting from the fact that Kovalev basically declared he was going to do what Drago did to Creed. Now he's reduced to did you get KO'd legally or illegally? The other thing flying under the radar is the fact that if Weeks didn't waive it off, Dre has plenty of time to whoop his ass that round. Not to mention Kovalev couldn't seem to tie Dre up properly

• flazi likes this

#90 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:49 PM

Kov was defenceless. Those body shots to the stomach was it. If Ward would of kept teeing off on him, we would of had another Magalov. Ward even looked up at Weeks because he was about to go to work. Now listen to how some people sound " Weeks should of let Kov get even more fucked up and battered just for good measure" they be the same ones saying.. . The ref should of protect the fighter. Kov was done.

The difference between that fight and Castillo and Corrales...they both were swinging until the end. No one stopped fighting. Kov ass stopped fighting.

HBO needs to fire Lampley and Harold. Dick riders!
  • flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users