• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 xxxxxx

xxxxxx

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

In a perfect world it would be Stevenson next to unify all the belts, after that go to cruiserweight and fight the top guy for the title, then move to Heavyweight and fight Joshua or Fury for the Heavyweight Title and call it a career.

#22 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

I  know people think Stevenson is dog shit.. but Al Haymon controls shit... I am calling this.. Stevenson will be tough for Ward. Stevenson has dispatched of oppoenents that were put in front of him and his wins are Bellew, Dawson, Bika, Cloud, Williams Fonfara...-- These are not bums- If Ward gets hit with that Left he could be out of there. I like Ward and lean towards him in this match, but people sleep on Stevenson.. Emmaunel Steward taught him how to get guys out of there. I want to see this fight and feel it will be a good one. No easy task for Ward at all...

#23 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

So Ward to fight Bellew, well Ward has the skills edge without a doubt, but if Kovalev was able to find him, it won't be impossible for a blown up cruiserweight. Although if Bellew goes back down to cruiserweight it could end badly for him.

#24 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

Stevenson vanquished Bellew...I want to see Stevenson vs Ward....

#25 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

Stevenson did beat Bellew, but Bellew was killing himself to make 175 lbs.

Cruiserweight is his best weight at this point in his career and look, the jump from Light Heavyweight to Cruiserweight is the largest jump there is in Boxing (25 lbs. difference) so it's not exactly a walk in the park for Ward to be effective with his power at that weight.

Regardless, he would certainly be the favorite against Bellew. 

#26 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

Ward better leave Bellew alone at cruiserweight.. might not work out as planned...

#27 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

i have no desire to see ward at cruiserweight. 

• Plah likes this

#28 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

i have no desire to see ward at cruiserweight. 

I concur! 

I hate to see dudes put on that much weight and have that George Foreman waist on fight night. 

• MaxPayne likes this

#29 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Add there is a great chance Bellew would fuck him up

#30 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

Looks like the "talk" for the Bellew fight seems to be more serious than I imagined. I only want to see Ward/Stevenson, because I wanna see an undisputed champ at LHW. 

I really want to see the Bellew/Haye rematch, only because Haye was favored to win. Hopefully Showtime can pick it up so I can see it on the big screen. 

I believe a Stevenson fight is gonna be hard to make, but Stevenson isn't getting any younger and Ward honestly doesn't need him at this point. I just can't picture Stevenson accepting the b-side terms for a Ward fight. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users