• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:30 PM

If Kell wants to come back this year, a perfect fight for both men would be big. Barclays would be the ideal spot. This fight would be lit!

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

I like Kell, but I think he should take a little more time off. That eye injury ain't nothing to mess with, especially after back-to-back losses where he suffered broken orbital bones in each fight.

That fight would be nice, but I think DSG would re-injure one of them eyes. That left hook is on point. They could go for it in early 2018. Kell should definitely get a soft touch before that. DSG can fight anyone. I'm sure Khan and Peterson would want some of that rematch action.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

I like Kell, but I think he should take a little more time off. That eye injury ain't nothing to mess with, especially after back-to-back losses where he suffered broken orbital bones in each fight.

I agree, but I don't. He took nearly 8 months off after the first orbital bone injury, and ended up breaking the other one when he returned to the ring. So yeah, I'm sure he's not hurting for money, but if he wants to keep fighting, he needs to sucker some guys to come to the UK or continue to fight cans in the UK. Either way, he'll be fine. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#4 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:46 AM

I think we're being a little quick to throw both guys (1 of them coming off a catastrophic injury) who are coming off of losses back into the fire.

I think that both of these guys have work to do to further fine-tune their fight games.

Garcia needs to figure out how he can "be first" more often and how he can control the narrative of the fight than simply looking for the big counter shots.

Kell...he's a really good fighter who simply went up against 2 guys who throw such bombs with every shot that even getting hit by a regulation punch puts you at a risk of going down. I think he needs 1 year off to rest completely, heal and then get a few tune ups before he decides about whether or not he's ready to get back in with the big dogs.

• MAHDI likes this

#5 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:24 AM

kell just had his orbital broken did he not? at least thats what i saw the moment i saw him in that last round. thats what guys look like hen they know somethings wrong with their eye and there scared. thats a horible feeling nobody deserves to have. im worried about kell potentially having issues with that in the future, i think you are right he needs to take time off, he just took 2 big L's in a row. e dont want him turinging into the next ricky hatton or zab judah

• KSUN247 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users