Photo

ESPN@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao vs. Horn-SPOILERS (Also undercards 1 hour earlier)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#91 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

That J. Ferrar blazer was fuckin deplorable!

:drag:

lol i was waiting on someone to talk about that blazer

#92 xxxxxx

xxxxxx

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:52 PM

117-111 for Horn?? That would mean a 9-3 advantage for Horn which is outrageous, my kid who is 8 could score better than that. Horn was a much better opponent than I thought he would be, but the guy was an Olympian and had a young undefeated record with a few decent names on there like Bailey & Funeka so looking at it closer he had a good foundation. He showed a good chin also and rocked Manny a few times. The rough tactics worked for Horn too and he used his size well plus Manny is clearly on the downside of his career at 38. Several wars and training camps have taken it's toll, I do feel like he's still a top 10 Welterweight though and always puts up a great effort. With that all said I agree it was a competitive fight, but Manny Clearly won this fight 7-5 or even 8-4. If you give him a 10-8 round in the 9th which would be understandable it makes the score even wider. There will be a rematch and it will make money. Horn actually became a villain just by getting a controversial decision and people even want Floyd to kick his ass now lol I have to admit it would be an entertaining fight vs Floyd until about midway through when Floyd would start to tee off on this guy possibly causing brain damage.

• flazi likes this

#93 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,928 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

Watched what I could of this fight. What I saw was Manny having difficulty with a larger, younger and game opponent. I thought Manny was winning rounds, but the youngster was in the fight due to activity. Again, the size gave Manny the most trouble. Plus it appears that Manny may have lost a step or 2. He used to be in and out real fast with guys like this. That seemed more difficult this time around due to diminished foot and hand speed.

Now, the question is, "How does Horn match up with the rest at 147?" I'll tell you... Horn is a tomato can who would be a punching bag to the bigger guys at WW. Spence beats his ass bad. Brook beats his ass bad. Thurman outpoints him. Garcia struggles to beat him because of his size and durability, but he beats him. Crawford outpoints him. Bradley struggles with him due to size, but still has it in him to outwork this guy. ALGEIRI probably beats this guy. Thats all you should probably know. This guy is truly unspecial and will go down in the same breath as Leon Spinks...

#94 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

Fight did 4.4 million viewers apparently. I said this would do better than his PPVs. People like boxing, they just don't like paying for it, and the results of this fight is a good reason why.

#95 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

Arum, the WBO, and Koncz just basically wiped their shoe clean of Pac. The WBO won't even investigate the results and Arum is shitting on Pac saying he is basically he is washed up and Roach is saying Pac needs to retire. How have the beloved and mighty have fallen.
  • flazi likes this

#96 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

Arum, the WBO, and Koncz just basically wiped their shoe clean of Pac. The WBO won't even investigate the results and Arum is shitting on Pac saying he is basically he is washed up and Roach is saying Pac needs to retire. How have the beloved and mighty have fallen.

this is sad.  now that he is nearly washed up they are done with him

#97 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,651 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

Fight did 4.4 million viewers apparently. I said this would do better than his PPVs. People like boxing, they just don't like paying for it, and the results of this fight is a good reason why.

But boxing is dead doe 

B)

• MaxPayne likes this

#98 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,651 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

They're probably still eating off of the controversy, really. Arum can still make a couple more big fights for Manny, but they would involve him opening his books to other promoters. I mean, they could still make a Pacquaio/Matthysse fight by the end of the year, if they really wanted to. 

They can build the fight up based of Lucas's old KO's and what he could possibly do to Pac. There's gotta be one more welterweight that they could throw in there with Pac, that's if Arum is willing to have him face the Broner/Garcia winner. He just lost this fight, so that's Arum's opportunity to pay him peanuts for the fight and pocket the rest. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users