Photo

ESPN@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao vs. Horn-SPOILERS (Also undercards 1 hour earlier)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:58 AM

Arum is gonna front like this was a travesty and he's devastated. In reality, this couldnt end better. A.) He gets to exploit a new guy with a new fan base. B.) He buys himself another fight with Manny (rematch) C.) He has a sacrificial lamb to feed Crawford and any other up and coming fighter he's grooming. 

• flazi and Dolimite like this

#82 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

Arum fixed this fight, he defended the scores and Pac said he caught a cold! This dude....Jordan scored 51 points when he was sick! Serena Williams won the Australian Open when she was PREGNANT!!! come on!
  • flazi likes this

#83 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

Tim Bradley need not call another fight. His commentary was worthless, his blazer collar was fucked up the whole night, and his geography is horrendous lol

That J. Ferrar blazer was fuckin deplorable!

:drag:

• flazi and Franchize like this

#84 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:46 PM

Man fuck Stephen A Smith

Can stand that Pringle-headed fool! Raging coonery and shitty logic. I can't. 

• Plah and MaxPayne like this

#85 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

Haven't watched fight since last night, but what I witnessed a game Horn. He was visibly bigger than Manny, clinched as often as possible (which Manny seems to hate) and that erky jerky movement of his caused Manny problems all night long. He kept coming forward and giving and taking. 

I won't lie, Manny wasn't able to truly get off as most expect him too last night, he seemed uncomfortable with Horn's movement. I won't say that Horn won the fight at this moment, but he gave a pretty damn good account for himself. 

Manny was getting tagged pretty often, but I swore Manny was gonna clean dude's clock. He and Manny missed quite a few shots also. You can't blame anybody but Manny at this point. Horn wasn't supposed to see the 6th round, let alone the final bell, but Manny allowed that to happen while Horn worked all night. 

Arum caught us with a fast one again, applause to him. I swore Horn was outta there in the 9th, but it was clear that Manny couldn't finish the job from round 10 on. I sort of feel bad for him, but you gotta blame Arum as well. I'm sure Bob is gonna have options on Horn's next couple of fights. 

My question is, why in THE hell was Manny fighting in this dude's backyard as the champion? Period, for that matter. Anytime a guy who's supposed to lay down, impresses with activity, and the makes the final bell (especially in his hometown), you're gonna see some weird scorecards. 

Stephen A Smith had me talking cash shit on Facebook last night with his coonery and lack of knowledge for anything going on in the sport. Can't stand that dude. I definitely don't agree with the 117-111 card for Horn, but if most are willing to accept 115-113 for both men or even 116-112 for Manny, it all ends up being close at the end of the night. Nobody can say it was a blowout in Manny's favor, nobody can say that Horn won 9 rounds either...so where does that leave things? 

• flazi likes this

#86 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:04 AM

I wouldn't say it was a blowout per se.

I had the fight tied through the first 6 rounds, but then had Manny winning 5 of the last 6. 116-112 is the most fair scorecard that I come up with.

You can't always get a guy out of there even if you have them hurt. Some guys catch a 2nd wind and have just enough of a chin to where they don't go down.

A blowout is domination from start to finish, with maybe a guy winning 1-2 rounds if we're being generous; or, it entails a guy getting knocked down multiple times and somehow surviving till the last round.

Close as it was in certain rounds, I definitely felt that Manny was the clear winner given the entirety of the fight.

What pisses me off is that Pacquiao should be outraged and be like, I'll fight you again right now motherfucker, fuck this shit. This time, we won't need any of these fuckboy judges either.

This is all Arum. That worthless piece of shit scumbag fuck had this shit planned all along. I just know it. 

Fuck Bob Arum. 

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#87 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

I wouldn't rule out Arum being involved in this one, but that means that Horn would've had to make it to the final bell...and he did. Was he supposed to see the final bell? In my opinion, no. Was it because he's unknown? Nope. Simply because of the experience edge and Pacquiao's intangibles. 

This whole social media outcry from people who don't know shit about boxing (celebrities and casual fans), is bogus and another cry for attention. The whole butthurt songcry about "boxing is dead" is old and tired. 

How is boxing "dead" when it seems that the whole world saw Manny get "robbed" this past Saturday? Manny's career has been on the decline for years now, from a popularity standpoint, but people are still watching him fight in this "dead" sport of ours. 

Saturday night's fight was a robbery for those who only watch boxing once or twice a year, there's no debating that. In addition to that, this whole "boxing is rigged", "there aren't anymore knockouts", and "I'm switching over to UFC" is stupid too. Well bitch, switch over then. That's one less casual fan that we have to deal with. 

People only want to see knockouts for entertainment purposes of course, but they also don't wanna be held responsible for anything that they just watched....especially if it goes the distance. With a knockout, the winner is clear, so that gives casuals the ammunition to run their cum dumpsters about shit that they know nothing of. 

When a fight ends the way it did Saturday, it's automatically a "robbery", but most of the bitches crying "robbery" can't even tell give a formidable reason why. In their eyes, the wrong guy won, and it's "their opinion", which is translation for, "Let me say what I wanna say with no backlash or questions asked". 

Sad stuff, man.

And f*ck Stephen A Smith

• flazi and MaxPayne like this

#88 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

I wouldn't say it was a blowout per se.

I had the fight tied through the first 6 rounds, but then had Manny winning 5 of the last 6. 116-112 is the most fair scorecard that I come up with.

You can't always get a guy out of there even if you have them hurt. Some guys catch a 2nd wind and have just enough of a chin to where they don't go down.

A blowout is domination from start to finish, with maybe a guy winning 1-2 rounds if we're being generous; or, it entails a guy getting knocked down multiple times and somehow surviving till the last round.

Close as it was in certain rounds, I definitely felt that Manny was the clear winner given the entirety of the fight.

What pisses me off is that Pacquiao should be outraged and be like, I'll fight you again right now motherfucker, fuck this shit. This time, we won't need any of these fuckboy judges either.

This is all Arum. That worthless piece of shit scumbag fuck had this shit planned all along. I just know it. 

Fuck Bob Arum. 

Manny has a history of hurting determined fighters and not finishing them....ask Juan. Anytime you have the underdog winning 4 rounds and the favorite looking as uncomfortable as Manny did last night, you sort of open the door to a 115-113 situation. If the underdog was somewhat worthy of winning 5 rounds, then why not 6? That's when things tend to get strange. 

I'm not knocking your scorecard and I still haven't watched the fight again since Saturday, so I'll leave it at that. Pacquiao probably should be outraged, but when is he ever mad at a bad decision? Lol. I remember him crying after the draw with Juan and the loss in the Morales fight, but since then, he's been chill about it. Lol

#89 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

Watched it and rewatched it, 7-5 to pac and thats giving Horn the benefit of all doubts. I don't think Pac gives a fuck at this point, in terms of winning anyways.

#90 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

And f*ck Stephen A Smith

Al Bernstein on Facebook let his thoughts be known about SAS.

https://m.facebook.c...147390575337728

"I seldom criticize sportscasting colleagues. BUT I cringe when announcers who don't really follow boxing denigrate fighters for no reason. Perhaps before Stephen A. Smith said that Horn opponents Randall Bailey and Ali Funeka "give new meaning to the term no names" he might have done 5 minutes of research and realized that Bailey only 5 years ago was a world champion and as recently as 6 yrs ago Funeka fought twice for a world title. Are they household names to all sports or boxing fans...no. Were they aging fighters that Horn could build his name with...yes. BUT within the sport they are not no names. it is awful to read their names and a few others in a mocking tone and suggest they're some kind of bums. These two men had excellent careers. I doubt if he would pick an aging NBA player who isn't a superstar and call him a no name even though casual NBA fans might not know who that 2nd string power forward might be. When asked "what do you have on Jeff Horn?" Smith said, "gotta admit I don't have much on this dude." Really? How could you admit that on National TV when you are being paid to cover this "dude." Then he denigrated Horn's opponents without knowing anything about THEM. And, again, I'm not saying Horn has faced super tough competition, but don't sit there with your co-host and laugh and mock their names, after you have admitted you didn't even do any homework on one of the fighters who is in the main event, let alone his opponents. When I have covered other sports beyond boxing I make it my business to NOT overreach and make statements based on no knowledge. Instead I actually prepare, so that I can stay in my lane, be factual, and do the job I'm being paid for. When I covered major league baseball or the NBA on Sportscenter when I was at ESPN I didn't offer unfounded opinions on players who I did not cover on a regular basis. I stuck to the facts and any insights I gathered from players or others who covered the sport regularly. If Smith is going to keep doing these boxing shows, I suggest he and whoever sits and co-hosts with him do the same. Sorry for this tirade, but this is more than a little distressing to me. Boxers deserve respect and accuracy when they are reported on."

Glad someone called him out, but ESPN doesn't care. They just want ratings.
  • flazi, Cshel86, Plah and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users