Photo

Canelo vs GGG Prediction Thread- Also Shown in Theaters (See page 6-post 53)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Canelo vs GGG (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. Canelo by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Canelo by Decision (Close) (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Canelo by KO/TKO (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. GGG by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. GGG by Decision (Close) (2 votes [20.00%])

6. GGG by KO/TKO (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

7. Draw (2 votes [20.00%])

8. DQ (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Stoppage (cuts, injuries, etc) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#31 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

Man listen, asking 10 people about an upcoming fight is an irrelevant point. The better suggestion would be to approach 10 people and ask if they know who GGG and Canelo is. This would yield a totally different outcome. 

Boxing fan: "Aye man, do you know who the boxer Canelo is?"
Casual fan: "Yeah, that's the white Mexican dude with the red hair and the freckles, right?"
Boxing fan: "Yeah that's him. You know he's about to fight GGG next."
Casual fan: "Oh yeah? GGG is that dude who knocks everybody out, right? When do they fight/"
Boxing fan: "September 16th"

See how that goes? Casual fans remember marketable stuff about fighters, especially ones with power and/or distinct appearances and a personality. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Canelo being referred to as the "red headed guy". This is what casuals know and remember. 

That's the problem with you....when Floyd fights, you forget everything you know about boxing. Sad. Just because there hasn't been a four-city/country tour of dudes talking shit to each other, doesn't mean that there's "0 promotion" for a fight. Just because both guys aren't flashing money, talking shit, and being ignorant, doesn't mean that they have no personality. 

C'mon man. Canelo/Chavez wasn't promoted as much as it should've been, but it still sold what it sold. You can't say that Julio has this crazy large Mexican following, when most of his fans have given up on him. The little promotion that they did for the fight, made a difference. 

People just wanted to see if Julio was going to perform well, being that he was actually in shape this time around. The same will go for Canelo/GGG....people will wonder if Canelo can make history by beating GGG and others will wonder who will be the first to get hurt, dropped, and stopped. 

There's enough curiosity there to make fans wanna buy into it. I'm not saying it's going to do astronomical numbers, but saying that it won't crack a million is something close to a hater statement. 

Just because Floyd and Conor are more than likely going to crack about 2M buys, doesn't mean that either of them won't stink up the joint and turn boxing fans off. If that happens, boxing fans will probably shit on the fight and say "Canelo vs GGG is the REAL fight that people need to buy". As I stated earlier, boxing fans are fickle and most fans and social media users have the attention span of a gnat.

For one I am not buying Floyd's fight, I am buying Canelo and GGG. When I went to Vegas all you saw was McGregor Floyd shit pasted everywhere! They don't have to flash money because it isn't who they are but a commercial or more interviews on ESPN or Fox can't hurt. They could of gone on ESPN during Crawford's fight and said something. But for them not to push the real fight.... it is sad. This how you either bring more people into boxing, you ride the curtail of the biggest talked about fight. Even David Chapell spoke on Mayweather fight.
Rigo and Lomo hasn't even been signed and cats are going bat shit crazy.

#32 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

I am going to AMC theatres in NYC to see Floyd serve notice to the MMA.... Also.. GGG is going to walk down Canelo. Canelo will get tired. I repeat Floyd appeared able to stop in in the 7th after a right upper cut.. Had him dazed for about 30 seconds. Floyd touched him to the body and head but did not go for the kill.. Canelo is going to get beaten down

• Cshel86 likes this

#33 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

I don't think Top Rank and ESPN would have allowed any publicity of Canelo/GGG during the Crawford/Indongo fight. Golden Boy would have to shell out some serious money for a commercial to air or make a deal with Top Rank. Doesn't GB have a recent beef with TR? Should be seeing lots of publicity probably next Monday evening after the news cycle for Canelo/GGG fight. All the sports shows gotta get their MayMac post-fight stuff out.

• Cshel86 likes this

#34 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

Man listen, asking 10 people about an upcoming fight is an irrelevant point. The better suggestion would be to approach 10 people and ask if they know who GGG and Canelo is. This would yield a totally different outcome. 

Boxing fan: "Aye man, do you know who the boxer Canelo is?"

Casual fan: "Yeah, that's the white Mexican dude with the red hair and the freckles, right?"

Boxing fan: "Yeah that's him. You know he's about to fight GGG next."

Casual fan: "Oh yeah? GGG is that dude who knocks everybody out, right? When do they fight/"

Boxing fan: "September 16th"

See how that goes? Casual fans remember marketable stuff about fighters, especially ones with power and/or distinct appearances and a personality. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Canelo being referred to as the "red headed guy". This is what casuals know and remember. 

That's the problem with you....when Floyd fights, you forget everything you know about boxing. Sad. Just because there hasn't been a four-city/country tour of dudes talking shit to each other, doesn't mean that there's "0 promotion" for a fight. Just because both guys aren't flashing money, talking shit, and being ignorant, doesn't mean that they have no personality. 

C'mon man. Canelo/Chavez wasn't promoted as much as it should've been, but it still sold what it sold. You can't say that Julio has this crazy large Mexican following, when most of his fans have given up on him. The little promotion that they did for the fight, made a difference. 

People just wanted to see if Julio was going to perform well, being that he was actually in shape this time around. The same will go for Canelo/GGG....people will wonder if Canelo can make history by beating GGG and others will wonder who will be the first to get hurt, dropped, and stopped. 

There's enough curiosity there to make fans wanna buy into it. I'm not saying it's going to do astronomical numbers, but saying that it won't crack a million is something close to a hater statement. 

Just because Floyd and Conor are more than likely going to crack about 2M buys, doesn't mean that either of them won't stink up the joint and turn boxing fans off. If that happens, boxing fans will probably shit on the fight and say "Canelo vs GGG is the REAL fight that people need to buy". As I stated earlier, boxing fans are fickle and most fans and social media users have the attention span of a gnat. 

that is exactly what happened after the may/pac fight to the tee. so true

#35 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

Fighter with the best jab that night wins IMO. 

• Cshel86 likes this

#36 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:38 AM

For one I am not buying Floyd's fight, I am buying Canelo and GGG. When I went to Vegas all you saw was McGregor Floyd shit pasted everywhere! They don't have to flash money because it isn't who they are but a commercial or more interviews on ESPN or Fox can't hurt. They could of gone on ESPN during Crawford's fight and said something. But for them not to push the real fight.... it is sad. This how you either bring more people into boxing, you ride the curtail of the biggest talked about fight. Even David Chapell spoke on Mayweather fight.
Rigo and Lomo hasn't even been signed and cats are going bat shit crazy.

Sorry, but I stopped reading after the lie. 

:drag:

#37 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

Fighter with the best jab that night wins IMO. 

This! I believe GGG has a better jab because it's stronger, but who knows what Canelo will unveil that night. 

Can I add that whoever does the better body work, will have an easier night? I didn't wanna try to overshadow your point, lol. 

#38 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:48 AM

I don't think Top Rank and ESPN would have allowed any publicity of Canelo/GGG during the Crawford/Indongo fight. Golden Boy would have to shell out some serious money for a commercial to air or make a deal with Top Rank. Doesn't GB have a recent beef with TR? Should be seeing lots of publicity probably next Monday evening after the news cycle for Canelo/GGG fight. All the sports shows gotta get their MayMac post-fight stuff out.

I'm thinking the same thing. I know Oscar and Bob do business together, but the relationship is still weird as hell. In this case, if I was Bob, I wouldn't want Canelo/GGG plastered all over my production when I'm trying to build up my stars in my 3rd show on ESPN. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#39 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

I am going to AMC theatres in NYC to see Floyd serve notice to the MMA.... Also.. GGG is going to walk down Canelo. Canelo will get tired. I repeat Floyd appeared able to stop in in the 7th after a right upper cut.. Had him dazed for about 30 seconds. Floyd touched him to the body and head but did not go for the kill.. Canelo is going to get beaten down

I see what you're saying, I really do. I'm not sure if GGG can feint Canelo to death like Floyd does most of his opponents. He feints, does nothing, feints, throws the straight right, feints, does nothing, feints, jabs, feints, fakes a hook, feints, moves. 

After several rounds of that, I can imagine it would be a bit easier to land more than 2 or 3 shots on anybody. I can't say that GGG does all of that, though he has ways to set his own traps and land. 

This is gonna be interesting and trust me, I'm taking all of your points into account. 

• MAHDI likes this

#40 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:04 AM

i see GG inning this fight but i see his face getting busted up in the process. i see that power jab just dominating. cnaelo will def get his in though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users