Photo

Canelo vs GGG Prediction Thread- Also Shown in Theaters (See page 6-post 53)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Canelo vs GGG (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. Canelo by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Canelo by Decision (Close) (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Canelo by KO/TKO (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. GGG by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. GGG by Decision (Close) (2 votes [20.00%])

6. GGG by KO/TKO (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

7. Draw (2 votes [20.00%])

8. DQ (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Stoppage (cuts, injuries, etc) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#51 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:00 AM

GGG is going to suprise people when he beats down Canelo.. lol  Canelo is very hittable and unless he turns into Mayweather defensively he is getting owned. He will not go the distance. Against a true middleweight His chin is a ? and this will be the hardest puncher he has faced. I am anxious to see his face turn red when GGG lands that first right hand. Jacobs was able to absorb punishment being 180 pounds in the ring...

If Kell Brook can rough GGG up the way he did, then I'm sure Canelo can do a better job. Canelo sets his shots up better than most fighters I see today, and his defense is underrated at this point. 

Who knows if Jacobs was 180 lbs? Nobody's been able to prove that thus far. Moreover, Canelo's been accused of coming into Jr. MW fights at 180 lbs, which was never true. People only accused him of that because they hated him and his run at 154 and 155. 

The most I've seen Canelo weigh on fight night, was about 172 lbs against Trout. Maybe we'll see him a few lbs heavier, but still 180. Again, nobody can prove that Jacbos weighed 180 lbs, the same way nobody can prove that McGregor had this huge weight advantage over Floyd on fight night. 

#52 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

If Kell Brook can rough GGG up the way he did, then I'm sure Canelo can do a better job. Canelo sets his shots up better than most fighters I see today, and his defense is underrated at this point. 

Who knows if Jacobs was 180 lbs? Nobody's been able to prove that thus far. Moreover, Canelo's been accused of coming into Jr. MW fights at 180 lbs, which was never true. People only accused him of that because they hated him and his run at 154 and 155. 

The most I've seen Canelo weigh on fight night, was about 172 lbs against Trout. Maybe we'll see him a few lbs heavier, but still 180. Again, nobody can prove that Jacbos weighed 180 lbs, the same way nobody can prove that McGregor had this huge weight advantage over Floyd on fight night.

That one was obvious though. He looked huge compared to Floyd. Conor had to cut massive weight to make 154 and normally weighs around 170 in UFC.

Edited by sduck, 06 September 2017 - 11:45 AM.

#53 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

The fight will:be shown in theaters as well.  Here is more information about that:

https://www.fathomev...date=2017-09-16

Jack

#54 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

That one was obvious though. He looked huge compared to Floyd. Conor had to cut massive weight to make 154 and normally weighs around 170 in UFC.

Yes, it looked obvious, but we never saw any numbers, so who knows? I only say that because he could have very well put on as much weight as he wanted to be the "even bigger guy" to punk Floyd, or he could have spared himself a few lbs to come in "lighter" than usual for speed purposes. 

#55 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

This fight promises to be a war but I don't see it like that. I think both fighters will try to box the other. There will be a few moments of good action but overall, neither fighter wants to be caught out there. This fight will end in a controversial score, REMATCH!

#56 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

What has Canelo shown that says he can stand up to the middleweight fire of GGG? A rude awakening awaits lol. I cannot believe people think Canelo can KO GGG lol based on what?

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#57 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

What has Canelo shown that says he can stand up to the middleweight fire of GGG? A rude awakening awaits lol. I cannot believe people think Canelo can KO GGG lol based on what?

Movement and precision....in conjunction with that "punch that you just don't see coming". I, for one don't believe this will end within the distance. Besides, Canelo isn't scared of GGG or his power...at least from what I've seen lately. 

Most have to give Canelo credit for looking the way he did in fights that he wasn't supposed to look good in (Trout, Lara). Give GGG movement and angles, he'll look like the plodder that he truly is. 

#58 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

I mean, we have statements from McGregor saying that their camp's plan was to come into the ring against Floyd in the low 170's. I can find videos where he talks about this. Nowadays with the way weight cuts are done, it's pretty easy to set up both your weigh-in weight and your fight night weight.

Jacobs simply looked huge and if I had to guess, I would venture to say that he had put on more than 10% of his weigh-in weight by the time the fight began. I'm confident that he was at least in the high 170's for the fight against GGG.

I think the highest Canelo has weighed for any fight on fight night has been the low to mid 170's. 180 lbs. and above is a tad too high given what I see in his frame.

Regardless, the key question will be whether or not he can take the punches from a full-fledged 160 lbs. fighter, because the size difference between him and GGG is rather telling. 

• MAHDI likes this

#59 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

They both are boring personalities. Oh well.

#60 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:07 AM

I'm concerned at the number of commentators online who feel like Golovkin can just take his time and stalk Canelo and win a decision or stop him late.

Maaaaaaan.

GGG CANNOT and WILL NOT win a Decision against Canelo. As long as ol' Cinnamon Head is standing at the end of 12 rounds, he will win a Decision. I absolutely and positively guarantee it.

GGG has to be the boss in there. He needs to straight up walk Canelo down and pound away at him. He needs to throw AT LEAST 80 punches a round regardless of whether he's hitting thin air or not.

He can't hope to simply "catch" Canelo on some devastating counter and hope to put him down for good. He has to go get it and be willing to walk through whatever Canelo throws at him.

Canelo hits very hard at 154 lbs. and a good portion of that power has likely climbed up with him to 160 lbs. However, GGG has to give no fucks. He has to walk through that shit and hell, even risk getting KO'd or stopped.

Why ? Because where the fuck is the "moral victory" in losing a close or wide decision to Canelo ? Ain't no pride in that. Once GGG loses, it's basically over for him.

He has to win this fight no matter what. The only way he can win is by outright KO or stoppage. He has to commit to either of those outcomes or his career is effectively over.

If the fight starts and you see GGG simply being patient, it's already a wrap. Canelo by UD.

• Dolimite and MAHDI like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users