Photo

Canelo vs GGG Prediction Thread

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Canelo vs GGG (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. Canelo by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Canelo by Decision (Close) (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Canelo by KO/TKO (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. GGG by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. GGG by Decision (Close) (2 votes [20.00%])

6. GGG by KO/TKO (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

7. Draw (2 votes [20.00%])

8. DQ (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Stoppage (cuts, injuries, etc) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

Neither guy is a mainstream fighter. Canelo has a personality of an IRS agent and GGG lost some lust after unofficially losing to Jacobs. I just see a draw. I don't think numbers for this fight is going to be astronomical.

#22 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

Neither guy is a mainstream fighter. Canelo has a personality of an IRS agent and GGG lost some lust after unofficially losing to Jacobs. I just see a draw. I don't think numbers for this fight is going to be astronomical.

neither guy is a mainstream fighter? tf u talking about there to of the biggest names in boxing. arguably the top 2 after mayeather. dont even try to tell me andre ward is higher cuz nobody gives a damn bout him. kovalevs hype is crashed, pacquiao is done, and broner is finished keith thurman isnt bigger than either of these guys. so how are they not mainstream fighters? GGG didnt lose anything from the jacobs fight, as a matter of fact that close fight is what got him the canelo fight. if he walked thru jacobs canelo ould never have fought him i doubt.

• MAHDI likes this

#23 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

I'm leaning more towards GGG now....before I leaned more towards Canelo, but I'm rooting for Canelo, personally.

I don't think Canelo is efficient and fast enough to thoroughly outbox GGG, he still has this sort of sloppiness to his style, not sure if anyone else can see. His punching power has no real leverage in them, he just wings them, GGG will not be bothered, would be surprised if he was. The real question is, and the one I always stood by is can Canelo handle GGG's punches for 12 rounds? I question that my self, because he's going to take big shots, and can he handle them and keep his pace? 

GGG's style is straight up and down and he can be outboxed, but he's very efficient. Don't matter how simple you are if you are efficient at it. He's well built, and frankly larger than Canelo. GGG has a real strong frame, which I've been saying for years is the secret to his punching power. That guy is built like a freight train, just so naturally sturdy and strong, that he doesn't need much leverage or to wing his punches, he just drives them in, like a guy who's made out of hard metal and not normal human tissue. Just genetically gifted guy. That in all makes him scary hard to beat. You need a guy who has lots of skill, nice pop to his punches, can take hard shots, and pace himself for 12 rounds. You need all four of these to beat GGG, and I've said this countless times. That's why no one has been able to beat him yet, because they've all have lacked at least one of these, and the GGG train ran on them.

Canelo has improved his skill, has decent power, and has improved his endurance over 12 rounds, but I question how much punishment he can take from GGG, and that's why I'm scared of his chances.

#24 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,299 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:23 PM

Outside of boxing fans who talks about either guy? Let's be honest. PPVS can't crack a million. No one is talking about their fight. After Floyd and Conor fight people will still be talking about it. There has 0 promotion for their fight. They aren't mainstream stars, sorry. Canelo should be a mega star and GGG a super star but he ain't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users