Photo

Showtime: 9PM/EST/6PM/PT: Broner vs Garcia - SPOILERS (No public streams)

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#131 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

Never betting on this ass hat again!!! That 200 was going towards my man cave! My ping pong table....!!!!

Edited by Dolimite, 30 July 2017 - 11:55 AM.

• Franchize likes this

#132 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

Broner does not train hard enough. Typical of alot of Black American fighters... At his young age he should switch trainer. He cannot win trying to duplicate Floyd. He needs offense...volume punching to win against A level fighters or else he should just quit

Edited by MAHDI, 30 July 2017 - 03:10 PM.

#133 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

i dont kno hat trainer would be right for broners style and ability. im thinking a mexican trainer. broner likes to come forward and punch while walking you down and when hes at his best hes breaking down the body also with hooks n using his uppercut counter which is one of his best punches. hes got excellent conditioning that is obvious because whenever hes getting his ass kicked in a fight he alays turns it up at the end and puts the pressure on, gassing his opponents. he gassed maidana late, mikey late, and even dropped porter. i think if he was able to learn how to smother guys early and work the body, he could easily break guys down and dominate them. he can clearly take a shot and keep going. he seemed to enjoy colorado this time around for camp so maybe going to big bear with abel sanchez might be a nice match. im not sure.

• flazi likes this

#134 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

i dont kno hat trainer would be right for broners style and ability. im thinking a mexican trainer. broner likes to come forward and punch while walking you down and when hes at his best hes breaking down the body also with hooks n using his uppercut counter which is one of his best punches. hes got excellent conditioning that is obvious because whenever hes getting his ass kicked in a fight he alays turns it up at the end and puts the pressure on, gassing his opponents. he gassed maidana late, mikey late, and even dropped porter. i think if he was able to learn how to smother guys early and work the body, he could easily break guys down and dominate them. he can clearly take a shot and keep going. he seemed to enjoy colorado this time around for camp so maybe going to big bear with abel sanchez might be a nice match. im not sure.

He's a natural boxer-puncher / slugger that tries too hard to be a slick boxer. He's a Mayweather wannabe, and with this loss his reputation is done.

#135 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

yeab but hes still going to draw interest from guys at 140-147 as a name on they resume. i wouldnt be surprised if we saw him vs danny garcia next

#136 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,954 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:23 PM

This was a good tough fight. I am now on the bandwagon and thoroughly convinced that Broner is done as a top fighter. Mikey just beat him with fundamentals. I dont see a new trainer "fixing" Broner either. After Roy Jones got sparked the fuck out, there was no fixing gunshy. Looking back, Broner has been gunshy since Maidana. He doesnt pull the trigger like he used to. He fears that punch he doesnt see and isnt crafty enough defensively. He landed the jab very effectively, but didnt do it enough. He damn near landed jabs at will. He didnt throw enough. Gunshy. Gatekeeper...

On the other hand... Mikey impresses me yet again. I didnt think he'd get past Broner's athleticism. This guy is a great fighter. The way he's moving up, perhaps he's the new Pacquiao or Duran. I think he's that good. I read on the front page that his team is targeting Danny Garcia. GOOD!!! Danny's dad is afraid to let Danny get in the ring with another top 5 WW. So, I'm sure he'll let him fight Mikey. I think Mikey gets him too. They should bill it, "The Little Fundamentals vs The Philly Hooker." The little fundamentals wins. Thats what he does... One of my favorite fighters today.

#137 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

i am so glad i didn't read this thread while the fights were on.  Franchise, cshel and dolomite would have had me spitting up my drink.

Broner is an enigma now.  Relegated to gate keeper status.  He had all the skill, speed and power to beat Garcia but just didn't let his hands go.  he never worked the body like he usually does, it was such a shit performance by him.  Mikey is fundamentally sound and very well trained but very beatable at 140 and above where he doesn't have the power advantage.

• Cshel86 and Dolimite like this

#138 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

Never betting on this ass hat again!!! That 200 was going towards my man cave! My ping pong table....!!!!

Your need for a ping pong table is the reason your man cave hasn't come to fruition

:lol:

• Plah, Dolimite and KSUN247 like this

#139 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

its cuz he makes them all look stupid

:lol:

And he doesn't seem to care about making them look that way. Lol

#140 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

broner has been trash since the escobedo fight IMO. i never saw nothing in him that told me he would be the next big thing. hell the first fight i saw of him vs ponce de leon i was completely dissapointed. all i kept hinking was damn this dude broenrs got a weird ass head and hairline. he looks like a complete jackass. too bad he proved all that shit right, cuz personalities like him are good for the sport. but if you cant back shit up in the ring wtf is the point in the end. they gotta do a 30 for 30 like tomorrow sinc ehis career is over. 

• The Original MrFactor and KSUN247 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users