Photo

8-1 fighter is considered pound for pound best?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

Ok...I get it LOMO is a special boxer but dude has 1 lost and only 9 fights but yet they are praising him as the best fighter in boxing! He beat Gary Russell and who else? I think people especially HBO and some boxing pundits are overly praising him. I mean Rigondeaux, Mikey Garcia, Spence, Warren, Gary Russell Jr. Who either have no losses or 1 don't get this amount of push. Won't even mention Ward. They love his technicality but the other fighters who have the same skill set and better record get 💩 on.
  • Franchize and MAHDI like this

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:16 PM

He has been catapulted rather expediently to the top lol... I want to see him fight Rigondeaux and a rematch with Russell Jr...

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#3 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:43 AM

Perception and shit. It does help he fights often as well, and he came outta nowhere to fight Salido for his first(well not really) fight. Plus he didn't bitcj and moan from all the low blows.

I mean all P4P now means is fan favourite nothing really to do with skills.

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:21 AM

P4P is so subjective that it's not even worth the debate nowadays. Trying to convince somebody (or a network) that their fighter(s) isn't P4P, is an uphill battle and an unnecessary one. 

We all know that HBO chews it's fighters up and spit them out, history has proven it. I'm slowly watching them pull away from Kovalev and it started to show after the first Ward fight. Hell, it really started after the Chilemba fight. 

I enjoy watching Lomanchenko fight, and yes I agree, they take it way too far with the praise. In the same breath, I remember we used to rank Rigondeaux as one of the top P4P fighters, and he only had a handful of fights, so I don't really see much wrong with ranking Lomanchenko high. 

#5 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,954 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

Would love to see him fight Rigondeaux. If he blows him out then I'd say this guy is realer than real deal Holyfield.

• Dolimite likes this

#6 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

Lomachenko gets way too much hatred, for no good reason.

He got into the ring with Gary Russel Jr., a fighter who was routinely avoided by anyone around his weight class and who has arguably the fastest pure hand speed in the world. 

He out-boxed him and out-fought him to win his strap.

He then beat the dog shit out of Nicolas Walters, who had beaten Nonito Donaire and was one of the very top fighters at that weight class.

He did lose to Salido, but Salido BEEN doing steroids, didn't make weight and repeated low blows. I'm talking real low blows, not the Andre Ward borderline shit.

But that's not even the key point. They key point is that Lomachenko to his credit adapted, learned and improved his attack patterns exponentially in the fights after that.

He beat Roman Martinez, who has beaten Salido. They keep trying to get the Salido re-match made (and you'd best believe that this time, Salido will get strafed on some pinata against a Gattling Cannon shit) but Salido stays running and complaining about this or that.

I don't like that he's fighting some scrub coming off a loss, but what are you gonna do ? He wants to be an active champion and muhfuggas stay crying and running from him.

Ward is of course the best fighter in the world based on his ability, body of work (see what I did there ? Ha...ha...ha ? Aight I ain't gone make it as a comedian) and his recent fights.

After that it's a game of "pick 'em" from among Crawford, Roman Gonzalez, Lomachenko and Rigo (winner of Canelo - GGG also enters this latter group and also Errol Spence after 1-2 more high profile wins).

Lomachenko is a gift to the Boxing world. He's incredibly skilled, an offensive machine and the kind of fighter that we need to bring in more masses and casuals to the sport. We hate them motherfucking casuals, I get it, but without asses in seats, the sport loses revenue and that's a bad thing for everyone.

• Plah likes this

#7 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:52 AM

if you watch lomachenko fight and you truly do not understand what the hype is about with him, then you should just quit watching boxing. 

• Plah likes this

#8 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

calling him better than mayweather when he has 9 fights and one loss is laughable... Bob Arum needs to stop. Great talent but he has not beaten enough guys to put him a mayweather conversation

• Dolimite and KSUN247 like this

#9 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:23 PM

The P4P ranking is heavily influenced by charisma, and all those guys you mentioned have no charisma. Either they have little to no personality, they don't do many cool/flashy things in the ring, or simply bore people to death with their styles. Lomachenko has a very skilled and flashy style. Like GGG, Kovalev, Chocolito (previously), and maybe a few others.

#10 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

I think that people who say that he is anywhere close to Floyd Mayweather or Andre Ward are some stupid, uninformed, dumbass motherfuckers whose opinions should never be taken seriously on any subject related to Boxing.

Once again, if you put a gun to my head and ask me to rate the "truly elite fighters" in the world today, it goes something like this:

Andre Ward

Terrence Crawford

Lomachenko

Rigo

Gonzalez

Whoever wins the GGG - Canelo fight leapfrogs everyone on that list not named Andre Ward. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users