Photo

8-1 fighter is considered pound for pound best?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:43 PM

I think that people who say that he is anywhere close to Floyd Mayweather or Andre Ward are some stupid, uninformed, dumbass motherfuckers whose opinions should never be taken seriously on any subject related to Boxing.

Once again, if you put a gun to my head and ask me to rate the "truly elite fighters" in the world today, it goes something like this:

Andre Ward

Terrence Crawford

Lomachenko

Rigo

Gonzalez

Whoever wins the GGG - Canelo fight leapfrogs everyone on that list not named Andre Ward.

You forgot Jeff Horn

#12 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

Hate to go here but I can't ignore it. If he was an American, especially an African American, would this be happening? Just sayin. We typically don't support our own

#13 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:42 PM

For the record though, I think Lomachenko is really good

• Cshel86 likes this

#14 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

He's good, but tonight's fight was horrible. Marriaga didn't belong in the ring tonight with Loma, especially in a title fight. Teddy was all on his nuts. Ref let him get away with some stuff (Patting on head, forearm against throat and hitting in head). Mikey Garcia puts him to sleep and Rigo may be too little and too old by the time they fight. Still wanna see Rigo and Loma go at it. Gonna be a very good chess match.

As for Arum comparing him to Floyd, that's just nonsense.

#15 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

Lomo won't give Tank a shot because he needs more experience! This is coming from a 9-1 fighter. Davis has a belt and went to England to get it. I think either Davis, Rigo, or Russell rematch are all good fights, even Farmer.

#16 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

He schools Tank and he'll definitely have an easier time with GRJ this time around. A Rigo fight is the only fight with a mystery tag on it, but I believe he gives Rigo a few problems a well. We've seen Rigo hit and hurt by slower and less talented fighters, so I wouldn't rule it out in a Loma fight.

However, Rigo's speed, patience, and obsession with throwing that sharpshooter straight right that keeps people honest, is a site to see if this one ever goes down! I remember everyone thought Donaire would have his way with him (I also leaned in that direction), but we saw a different picture that night.

• Plah and Dolimite like this

#17 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

Oh God, don't get me started! Tessitore was just as horrible as Teddy. You can tell Arum had a lot to do with the way this guy was being pushed on the network. Arum sat here and talked so much trash about Mayweather/McGregor, but is still using Mayweather's name to promote Lomanchenko. Sad, but nothing new there.

I mean, Tessitore was really God awful last night, and I've never seen him loose it like that. I actually fell asleep on the fight in my hotel room...maybe because I had been drinking and walking around most of the day, but whatever.

I swore the fight was supposed to air at 9PM/EST, but it didn't seem to start til around 10:30 or so. Those hotel room TVs suck....no channel guide, nada. At least my last hotel back in April had DirecTV and a guide channel, but this shit this weekend was a "flip the channel and hope you catch the shit from the beginning" affair.

#18 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

He schools Tank and he'll definitely have an easier time with GRJ this time around. A Rigo fight is the only fight with a mystery tag on it, but I believe he gives Rigo a few problems a well. We've seen Rigo hit and hurt by slower and less talented fighters, so I wouldn't rule it out in a Loma fight.

However, Rigo's speed, patience, and obsession with throwing that sharpshooter straight right that keeps people honest, is a site to see if this one ever goes down! I remember everyone thought Donaire would have his way with him (I also leaned in that direction), but we saw a different picture that night.

rigo is like what? 37 now or some shit? rigo aint bout shit no more. he beat donaire ok, but as weve seen donaire get owned that win isnt nearly as impressive as when loma beat walters.  rigo is small for 130 anyway. i just dont see it. i see loma walking through him. not to mention this is a southpaw matchup. this bodes very well for loma. i see him dominate this fight. he dominates mikey too. i dont see him losing to anyone in the next 3 years at least

#19 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

Arum said he was the best since Muhammad Ali over the weekend??? Lmaoooooooooooo please stop!!

• Cshel86 likes this

#20 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Arum is just talking nonsense. He's trying too hard to hype up Loma's profile by making these crazy statements comparing him to Floyd and Ali. Since he's on ESPN, he has plenty of TV time to get his message across and the casuals will believe what they hear on BSPN!

• Cshel86 and MAHDI like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users