Photo

8-1 fighter is considered pound for pound best?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:47 PM

rigo is like what? 37 now or some shit? rigo aint bout shit no more. he beat donaire ok, but as weve seen donaire get owned that win isnt nearly as impressive as when loma beat walters.  rigo is small for 130 anyway. i just dont see it. i see loma walking through him. not to mention this is a southpaw matchup. this bodes very well for loma. i see him dominate this fight. he dominates mikey too. i dont see him losing to anyone in the next 3 years at least

I believe he's 40 now, lol. We can't take anything from Rigo's victory over Donaire, just because Donaire's been trash since then. The writing was on the wall for Donaire before that fight. If anybody's disciplined enough to jab and work behind it, they'd keep Donaire on pins and needles all night. 

Lomanchenko's not walking through that stick (jab), however, he does know how to produce angles and attack from there, so who knows. Rigo is too small for 130, but we can't completely count him out because of it. 

You think Loma dominates Mickey? A textbook fighter whom is patient, works behind his jab, cuts the ring off well, and makes a guy doubt his offense? I'll have to disagree with you on that one. I don't think it'll be a breeze for Loma. 

#22 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

Arums' been especially distasteful this past week, and ESPN is drinking the kool-aid. Where does ESPN have to turn to at this point? This is a step up for them, so I can't blame them. 

#23 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

im a huge mikey fan, been so for a while. hen it comes to lomachenko, the guy just is unbelievable. mikey is textbook, but kinda straight forward and predictable. for lomachenko i mean. i mean mikey has unreal range and control of distance, but lomachenko's insticts on the same skill is way above mikeys. mikey got his nose busted late in the fight against ab when ab turned the pressure on him and started to smother him and physically fight him inside. i think loma ould get right in mikeys face and do the same thing except loma has those unreal sidesteps where he circles around you and is literally right on top of you punching you in the face with hooks and all you can do is cover up or try to pivot.

idk man i just dont see mikey have enough left in his bag of tricks to beat lomachenko. i think mikey is trying to retire too. he wants big fights, hes ready to call it quits. i think he might get demoralized against lomachenko and not really be up for that kind of a fight especially since the money aint gonna be what it will against a danny garcia or somebody like that.

#24 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

Mikey is the bigger dude. If his plan A fails, which I doubt, he'll just bring out the Salido game plan and rough him up. Mikey probably wins by KO, if they fight. Arum will keep Mikey away from Loma. Can't afford to lose another Top Rank star so soon.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#25 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

they wont fight. classic bob. they may have to meet up at a heat-bucks game and figure this out. giannis will have bodied 6 dudes by the time they figure out how to make the fight happen

• Cshel86 likes this

#26 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

im a huge mikey fan, been so for a while. hen it comes to lomachenko, the guy just is unbelievable. mikey is textbook, but kinda straight forward and predictable. for lomachenko i mean. i mean mikey has unreal range and control of distance, but lomachenko's insticts on the same skill is way above mikeys. mikey got his nose busted late in the fight against ab when ab turned the pressure on him and started to smother him and physically fight him inside. i think loma ould get right in mikeys face and do the same thing except loma has those unreal sidesteps where he circles around you and is literally right on top of you punching you in the face with hooks and all you can do is cover up or try to pivot.

idk man i just dont see mikey have enough left in his bag of tricks to beat lomachenko. i think mikey is trying to retire too. he wants big fights, hes ready to call it quits. i think he might get demoralized against lomachenko and not really be up for that kind of a fight especially since the money aint gonna be what it will against a danny garcia or somebody like that.

For some reason, I trust Mikey's patience and discipline over Lomanchenko's flashy style, so to speak. I think Lomanchenko is gonna have to dig a little deeper in this one, because that extra movement probably wont bother Mikey. 

Everybody has a limit, and I believe Loma will meet his against Mikey. That flashy stuff is cool until your opponent shows no sign of being bothered by it. I do agree that Mikey got his nose busted when AB put the pressure on him, but the respect for AB wasn't there at that point. 

At this point, Mikey should only want big fights, but I don't think he's looking to retire because of it. He had those regular blue collar paydays with TR, and now that he's free, I'm sure he's looking to maximize his revenue against big names. 

#27 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

they wont fight. classic bob. they may have to meet up at a heat-bucks game and figure this out. giannis will have bodied 6 dudes by the time they figure out how to make the fight happen

:lol:

So true though. 

#28 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

I don't think Loma schools Mikey. I think Mikey gets hit a lot in the fight but I think he's patient enough and big enough to take Loma's shots. I think he comes in and is willing to give some to get some. You can turn and pivot and dance all you want, but if you have that mfer who don't give a fuck and is willing to take a punch to land on you, then what. We've seen Lomachenko get bullied before, albeit in a dirty fashion. Mike is a dude who's been in a gym with the likes of Maidana, Margarito, Rios etc. I don't see him getting Nocholas Waltere'd the fuck outta there. If Loma wins, I think it'll need to be a safe, decision style victory where he is willing to just out point Mikey and look good in the next one. Which, btw, is fine by me. Be smart, get the W

#29 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:45 AM

Stylistically the Rigo fight is a dream match. The problem is that I think he may be a little too small for Loma.

The Loma and Mikey fight though ? I think that's another tossup match for real. Mikey's power even at 135 lbs. is unreal. For him to fight a natural 130 lbs. fighter means that Loma would be at a real risk of getting buzzed and stunned in that fight if he gets hit clean.

#30 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Rigo beats Loma

Loma beats Mikey

Mikey beats Rigo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users