• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:55 AM

Indongo was horrible.. Crawford's chin is a question to be answered at 147... I recall his unimpressive victory over Viktor Postal and I am not convinced of his alleged greatness. If he is so good get right down to business.. get in there with Errol Spence no need to wait if you were seeking a fight with Pacquiao... Spence will humble that ass!!! 

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

Politics is not gonna let that happen. PBC and TOP RANK are not doing business for that fight. As long as Bud is with Arum, we can't expect him to face any top WWs. Haymon has them all.
  • MAHDI likes this

#3 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

I think Spence is too big. Would like to see him against Danny Garcia or Keith Thurman.

• MAHDI likes this

#4 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

I know people say Spence is overhyped because of his limited opposition but I'm buying in. I have Spence. Convincingly at that. I fuck with Crawford but I think Spence is a 154 lber who just stays in shape enough between fights to be able to make 47 comfortably. Not to mention, he spars the big boys and they feel his power. I've yet to see Crawford against anyone that's physically imposing. All the tall guys he's fought were big and doofy. I've yet to see him in with monsters. No knock against Crawford though. He's nice. I just favor Errol

• MAHDI likes this

#5 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Crawford is talented.. enough of the incapables. They were calling for a hall of famer.. get in there with a bonafide threat and make a statement if you can.

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

Indongo was horrible.. Crawford's chin is a question to be answered at 147... I recall his unimpressive victory over Viktor Postal and I am not convinced of his alleged greatness. If he is so good get right down to business.. get in there with Errol Spence no need to wait if you were seeking a fight with Pacquiao... Spence will humble that ass!!! 

I get what you're saying and I won't even attempt to argue, because you usually bring up some good thought-provoking points!

Thing is, Crawford has more than a few ways to set up his arsenal....but we've only seen him do it when he's in control, not when he actually has to. Let's be real, we won't ever see Crawford/Spence while Crawford's under Arums' banner. 

Since we're talking about guys unproven....can we say that Spence is what he say he is? Crawford's been a champ at 135 and is now the undisputed champ at 140....what has Spence done? Won 1 title at WW? We're talking apples and oranges here, at the moment. 

• klonopinz and MAHDI like this

#7 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

Spence dispatched of guys Thurman and Pac could not in explosive and deadly fashion.. He then goes into enemy territory and did what people doubted he could do in devastating fashion despite a year plus layoff.. That says enough to me right there. His performance against Brook was real deal. A test the sorts Crawford has not taken...

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:56 AM

Spence dispatched of guys Thurman and Pac could not in explosive and deadly fashion.. He then goes into enemy territory and did what people doubted he could do in devastating fashion despite a year plus layoff.. That says enough to me right there. His performance against Brook was real deal. A test the sorts Crawford has not taken...

I don't see why Spence is getting credit for "dispatching" guys like Bundu and Algieri, when years ago, people clowned Keith for fighting Bundu (even though he made Keith look ordinary) and scoffed at the fact Algieri was even in the ring with Pacquiao. Oh how soon we forget.

Let's not forget how most people said Brook was "done" after the GGG fight, but as soon as Spence stopped him, Spence is now confirmed as the "real deal"!? C'mon man. I'm not saying that Spence is garbage, I'm just stating how fickle boxing fans can be. 

#9 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

I don't see why Spence is getting credit for "dispatching" guys like Bundu and Algieri, when years ago, people clowned Keith for fighting Bundu (even though he made Keith look ordinary) and scoffed at the fact Algieri was even in the ring with Pacquiao. Oh how soon we forget.

Let's not forget how most people said Brook was "done" after the GGG fight, but as soon as Spence stopped him, Spence is now confirmed as the "real deal"!? C'mon man. I'm not saying that Spence is garbage, I'm just stating how fickle boxing fans can be. 

I feel you. Firstly, you were entirely right that we won't see Crawford fighting any of the young lions at 47 as long as he's under the Arum banner let alone Spence. Secondly, there has been some hypocrisy but I think it was always asinine for people to say Kell was "done" after GGG. He fought a middleweight and lost. He didn't even get KO'd. They stopped the fight and Im not sure he couldn't have continued. I think Kell has plenty left. I wanna see him and Khan fight finally

#10 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

All I recall is Algeri being hailed as being tough as nails and would be test for Spence with his movement etc...Bundu did make Keith look ordinary yet people still were considering Thurman one of the top guys. There were many doubting Spence against Brook...after he broke his face he was said to be already spent from GGG...lol...Spence is the truth...even Floyd himself says so and if allowed to get in there I dont think anybody at 147 can withstand his body assault. Brook was trying to move but Spence showed he had the footwork to trap him and break him down...crushed him

Edited by MAHDI, 22 August 2017 - 09:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users