Photo

PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Mayweather vs. McGregor-SPOILERS (No Public Streams or Cotto-Kamegai Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 mitukczuk

mitukczuk

Lightweight

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

Many people were saying during the fight how flat footed Floyd was. I knew from the 2nd round Floyd was gonna walk this dude down. My only confusion was why he wasn't cutting the ring off like I know he can. But after watching the fight 2 more times and listening to the press conference, Im wondering of that wasn't actually a tactic. Conor was wasting a lot of energy circling around the ring and Floyd clearly could keep up the pace for 12 rounds. So why cut off the ring when your game plan is to tire him out? 

As for the stoppage, there's people seriously complaining about it being too early. Are you serious? Dude wasn't defending himself, he was flopping around the ring and there was over 1:30 left in the round. Add to that, Floyd hasn't been hit flush since maybe the 2nd or 3rd round. 

I love people's hypocrisy too. All of Floyd's career, there were complaints about him "running" but Conor fought retreating for most of the fight while face a guy AT LEAST 20 lbs smaller who he said he'd KO in 1 round

I think Conor did show some things Floyd hadnt been prepared for as for example at times snapping jab, but all in all I feel like the first three rounds were purely tactical decision, not inability to deal with Mac.

Seeing "little" Floyd just walking Conor down and pressing the attack and fkn going for it like a man was an awesome sight !

#32 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

One other thing. It's become a pet peeve of mine over the last few years when announcers automatically deem boxers who switch stances as having good footwork. Sometimes boxers switch stances because they have bad footwork and are off balance. 

• flazi likes this

#33 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

Hey fellas, I saw the fight this morning, watched it twice actually.... Floyd basically remixed Ali's rope a dope. Instead of laying on the ropes and letting the opponent swing on you until he gets tired, Floyd took it to the middle of the ring and let Conor do all the work. For the first 3 rounds Floyd didn't even fight. Conor was gassed by the 4th round. Conor was so slow, his punches were predictable. His so called power was non existent and he was so open. I think Floyd carried him to the 10th.
Fans are celebre that Conor took Floyd to 10 rounds... I fuckin hate people. Conor tried to take credit for the way Floyd fought.. go for it. Your style was so shitty he could fight like he did in his 20s. Entertaining but the right man win. 50-0. Thank you Floyd for 21 years of excellence.
  • flazi, ks1, mitukczuk and 1 other like this

#34 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:19 PM

Badou Jack retired Cleverly. Cleverly retires...JACK was viscous and precise....Him and Ward or him and Stevenson needs to be made. Maybe he can Kovalev in there...JACK opened doors for himself with that beatdown

#35 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

Badou Jack retired Cleverly. Cleverly retires...JACK was viscous and precise....Him and Ward or him and Stevenson needs to be made. Maybe he can Kovalev in there...JACK opened doors for himself with that beatdown

I personally think all 3 beat Jack. No hate but I just think those guys are better fighters. I think he'd have the best shot against Stevenson though. 

Back to the Floyd fight, thinking about it during the day, Floyd's gameplan kinda reminded me of Winky in his prime. Sit there, let you shoot your punches on his arms, laugh at you, then bust you up

• flazi likes this

#36 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

He was huge! You have to give Floyd props for coming at him like he did...I love when he gets aggressive..shaking head, tightening his lips and coming forward..

Ugh....this sounds kinda suspect bro. Lol

#37 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

Went to a bar to watch this. It was packed with UFC fanboys. They booed the hell out of Floyd at every instance and cheered Conor for any and everything, the good shots, the missed shots, everything! Was so much trash talking after the first 3 rounds, then it was funny as hell to see the expressions on their faces when Floyd started teeing off on Conor. They were pissed at the TKO saying ref interfered. Some MMA fans are clueless savages. You live to fight another day. Conor wasn't defending himself and he could barely stand up. He's so lucky Floyd missed a lot of those punches prior to the TKO. Any accuracy and Conor might be in the hospital. Ref did the right thing, except when it came to those hammer fists and rabbit punches.  Lots of excuses from UFC fans.

Fun night all around, but disappointed in Gervonta Davis. Happy for Badou Jack, but not sold on Andrew Tabiti yet. I don't think he has the "IT" factor.

Ugh, most MMA fans are the worst! When you find some cool ones, keep them! Lol

I remember those UFC ppv nights at Hooters. Jesus! Those fans were relentless. The night Weidman knocked out Anderson Silva, was a creepy one. I remember every JUMPED out of their seats and started going CRAZY! I was just waiting for somebody to say, "He knocked that "N word" out!" Lol

One thing about MMA fans....they may not know what they're watching, but they're the most supportive fan bases out there, right next to soccer fans. 

• flazi, ks1 and KSUN247 like this

#38 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

Floyd vanquished Mac and is done fighting. 

I personally think all 3 beat Jack. No hate but I just think those guys are better fighters. I think he'd have the best shot against Stevenson though. 

Back to the Floyd fight, thinking about it during the day, Floyd's gameplan kinda reminded me of Winky in his prime. Sit there, let you shoot your punches on his arms, laugh at you, then bust you up

I think Ward is beatable by a guy like Jack who has arrived and looks hungry but  will take that to the Jack and Ward thread. Floyd showed also that he has a tremendous chin and has through his career. If he had remained an offensive machine exclusively he would not have been in the ring at 40 walking down Macgregor. Floyd could fight on like BHop if he wanted to but he does not need the money like Hopkins who was getting his money late in his career--- I consider Floyd to be the TBE and the most well rounded fighter ever. 

Edited by MAHDI, 29 August 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#39 ks1

ks1

Bantamweight

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

So...6.5 million PPVs!!?  Wow....if so...goodness gracious.  Floyd stands to make approx $350 million and maybe more. Talk about going out on top!

Conor should be around $120 million and, with his endorsements and ready made Hollywood action movie persona, if he ever fights again, he's an idiot.

#40 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

He might want to fight again to get a win or else be known as the guy who took an ass whipping for 100 million and was happy about it. If he has any real fighter in him he fights again in my view, But then again 100 million might make you totally impervious to caring how you are viewed by fans--- lmao

• Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users