Photo

Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz Official Nov 4th (UPDATE: Fight is Off Due to Ortiz Posititve PED Test-Confirmed by WBC)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:28 AM

Welp, Ortiz tests positive for a banned substance. Wilder got another one shook.

#12 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:32 AM

Theres two sides, I mean I'd say its very suspicious that two of Wilders tests both test positive under this clean testing program. But both are known to be or atleast I know Ortiz, is known to be cheats. So ban him. 

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

You gotta be friggin' kidding me

LOL

This makes me believe that all fighters that were caught with PEDs in their system, actually did it on purpose. I remember Ortiz's HBO segment for the Thompson fight, which he vehemently denied being a user and had the world thinking it was an accident....and now this. Lol

Wilder can't catch a break. You can't help but to think if Ortiz has been using since he was caught the last time....I mean, positive PED tests usually bring up these types of suspicions. 

#14 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

They are claiming it is blood pressure medication containing HCTZ. The HCTZ can be used as a diuretic. Is it possible, he's hiding something? Who knows? Doesn't look good with his past. However, if you go to the emergency room for treatment, the doctors just give you medicine for your issues. They aren't usually concerned about your profession and what is on the banned substance list for pro athletes.

As a pro athlete, you are responsible for what you put in your body. Ortiz should have known better. I hope it's just high blood pressure medication and nothing else. He can always get a different prescription that doesn't include a banned substance.

I still wanna see this fight if they can get through this issue.

#15 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

come on what fucking boxer has blood pressure issues

#16 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

LOL! He is a big dude. Hypertension/High Blood Pressure is fairly common for people of color. Not saying that he has that as a pro boxer, but the video in the 2nd link stated he was prescribed HBP medication. It's halfway down on the Wilder enraged link (Ortiz Instagram video).

https://www.boxingne...uis-ortiz-team/

https://www.boxingne...wilder-enraged/

#17 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

EDIT: Double post.

Edited by KSUN247, 29 September 2017 - 10:48 PM.

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

They are claiming it is blood pressure medication containing HCTZ. The HCTZ can be used as a diuretic. Is it possible, he's hiding something? Who knows? Doesn't look good with his past. However, if you go to the emergency room for treatment, the doctors just give you medicine for your issues. They aren't usually concerned about your profession and what is on the banned substance list for pro athletes.

As a pro athlete, you are responsible for what you put in your body. Ortiz should have known better.
I hope it's just high blood pressure medication and nothing else. He can always get a different prescription that doesn't include a banned substance.

I still wanna see this fight if they can get through this issue.

Couldn't have said it better, Sun. 

I mean, WTF is he paying his team for, if they can't at least report to the athletic commission and let them know what's going on BEFORE it turns to this? 

Medicine has side effects anyway....hopefully he read the bottle or listened to what the doctor mentioned. If he made the effort to listen to the doctor or read the bottle before he put it in his body, then it's his fault that he didn't take an extra step and report to the commission. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#19 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:24 AM

come one guys, boxers know this shit, they know this shit and they take it willingly.

#20 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

come one guys, boxers know this shit, they know this shit and they take it willingly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users