Photo

Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz Official Nov 4th (UPDATE: Fight is Off Due to Ortiz Posititve PED Test-Confirmed by WBC)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:52 AM

It's just a fucked up situation altogether.

Do we cancel the fight simply because the guy tested positive for banned substances ?

Or do we dig deeper and make an appraisal that the guy really does have heart problems and therefore needs the medication to function as a fighter ? 

Somehow, it seems that most people think that if you have heart problems to the point which you need to take medication that contains banned substances then you shouldn't be fighting in the first place.

I really don't know what to think about this. Admittedly, I'm tired of seeing Wilder fights canceled because of this kind of dumb shit, which may well be influencing my decision.

• flazi and KSUN247 like this

#22 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

Ortiz is Out! Stiverne gets his rematch!

The WBC have confirmed a short time ago that instead, on November 4th, WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder will face Bermane Stiverne in a rematch.

https://www.boxingne...ay-wilder-gets/

#23 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

Ortiz is Out! Stiverne gets his rematch!

The WBC have confirmed a short time ago that instead, on November 4th, WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder will face Bermane Stiverne in a rematch.

https://www.boxingne...ay-wilder-gets/

Good, now that fat fuck Stiverne can go in there and get his ass kicked even more convincingly this time. I hate when fighters get their asses kicked and then make excuses like he did. He had nothing for Wilder and it won't be any different this time around. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#24 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

Good, now that fat fuck Stiverne can go in there and get his ass kicked even more convincingly this time. I hate when fighters get their asses kicked and then make excuses like he did. He had nothing for Wilder and it won't be any different this time around. 

Exactly! I think Stiverne gets KO'ed this time and Wilder leaves no doubt about it.

#25 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Exactly! I think Stiverne gets KO'ed this time and Wilder leaves no doubt about it.

Right. I can't stand dudes like that. Like seriously dude, you lost the first fight, don't blame it on a cold or any other illness that we knew nothing about. If you lost, you lost, don't be a friggin' sore loser and make excuses. 

The fight was two years ago, but still, I'm sure Stiverne still won't do much to close the distance because of Wilder's straight right. 

#26 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,563 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:43 AM

Fight is off-Confirmed by WBC:

WBC kayoes Wilder-Ortiz, Stiverne next

From WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman in Baku: The WBC has concluded the process according to its Clean Boxing Program protocol in the adverse finding of Luis Ortiz. An official ruling has been sent to the corresponding parties. The WBC has withdrawn its sanction of the Deontay Wilder vs. Ortiz fight, and Wilder will fight next his mandatory fight against Bermane Stiverne. Specific details will be released at a later date.

Wilder-Ortiz and Stiverne-Breazeale were both scheduled for the November 4th card at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. In fact, Stiverne, Wilder’s WBC mandatory, was paid step-aside money to allow Wilder-Ortiz to happen. So now Wilder will face Stiverne in a rematch of their 2015 fight in which Wilder won a unanimous decision

(Credit:Fightnews.com)

Jack

#27 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:02 AM

Will watch it for consistency reasons, I don't wanna see this shit

#28 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

I would love to see Stiverne deal some pain on Wilder!!! We will see what happens

#29 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:27 AM

supposedly the WBC pulled out Ortiz due to medical problems not the testing positive. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users