Photo

PPV/CC@5PM(PT)/8PM(ET)-Canelo vs. Golovkin-World Middleweight Title-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#131 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

Byrd had it right.......

#132 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

Huh??? Also I see a 10-8 round for round 2. No knockdowns that i remember...

Sorry!

Round 2 should be 10-9.  I have my card with a table on Facebook, but the system would not let me upload it here, as I have tried before.  Score should be 7-4-1 for Golovkin.  or 116-113  Here is my corrected scoresheet: (*= Close round.)

1. 10-9 G

2. 9-10 C

3.10-9  G *

4.10-9 G

5. 10-9 G

6.  9-10 C*

7. 10-9 G

8. 10-9 G

9. 9-10 C *

10. 10-10 *

11. 9-10 C

12. 10-9 G

-------------------------

116-113 Golovkin

Jack

Edited by Jack 1000, 19 September 2017 - 03:47 PM.
Corrected Data

#133 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

Byrd had it right.......

The problem is that no media outlets had it for Canelo, at least none that I could find.  Byrd's score was far too wide.  If she would have had perhaps 115-113 for Canelo, there would still be controversy about that card.  But 118-110?  For Canelo.  Her card may be the worst scoring I have seen in my life.

I can't see more than a draw in this fight for Canelo, and that is pushing it.

Jack

• The Original MrFactor and flazi like this

#134 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

I watched it live in NYC times Square.. It seemed like the entire theater stood and booed the decision. Canelo fought in retreat throughout. Looking composed and poker faced is something he has learned from watching Mayweather, and that may give some the impression he was comfortable in there. It is obvious Canelo has studied the fight when he was taken to Mayweather University

• flazi likes this

#135 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,963 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:39 AM

Canelo's strategy was to be on his bike, throw an occasional barrage of punches and stay on his feet to get a decision that favors him.

• flazi and MAHDI like this

#136 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:25 AM

Canelo's strategy was to be on his bike, throw an occasional barrage of punches and stay on his feet to get a decision that favors him.

I agree and I am willing to bet  Oscar's advised him here

• The Original MrFactor and flazi like this

#137 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:59 AM

I agree and I am willing to bet  Oscar's advised him here

He fought that way against Floyd (Oscar).
  • MAHDI likes this

#138 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

"Obviously I'm a fighter and my job is to get in there and do what I do - but if you want to know my immediate reaction, what I thought about the fight, I thought that it was fixed, I really did.-Danny Jacobs on GGG VS CANELO
Jacobs says if Canelo got a draw then he beat GGG...

#139 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:34 PM

I watched it live in NYC times Square.. It seemed like the entire theater stood and booed the decision. Canelo fought in retreat throughout. Looking composed and poker faced is something he has learned from watching Mayweather, and that may give some the impression he was comfortable in there. It is obvious Canelo has studied the fight when he was taken to Mayweather University

I'm a good reader of body language, and he had no poker face there. His body language showed a guy that didn't want to fight. Not because he was scared or hurt, but did not put his heart into it, and probably knew he was going to be saved by a decision. I watched it with other people and they all thought the same thing as we watched the fight.

• The Original MrFactor, flazi and MAHDI like this

#140 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

I'm still trying to see when Canelo was "on his bike". I mean, he moved when he needed to, kept the fight at close quarters, put his punches together when he could, rested on and wheeled his way off of the ropes, and did more effective body work than anybody I've seen face GGG.

We all know that if you throw body punches, you leave yourself open, as Canelo did. My thing is, the blame needs to fall on the guy who was supposed to go in there and slaughter his opponent...not the guy who fought a smart fight. Had GGG taken care of business, we wouldn't be talking about a disputed decision. 

Some of y'all are worse than those Pacquiao fans after the Mayweather fight. For all those years, Manny was supposed to have all of these intangibles to beat Floyd, but Floyd got blamed because of the shit that Manny was incapable of doing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users