Photo

HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)- Linares vs. Campbell (SPOILERS)-Following Golovkin-Canelo Replay

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,563 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

Sorry that this is so late.

Jack

#2 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:22 AM

I had it 115-112 for Linares.

Campbell used his length well in the middle rounds but Linares came on really strong down the stretch like he usually does and won a pretty clear Decision.

In any event, I wonder if they'll be able to set up a 135 lbs. fight with Mikey Garcia or if Mikey is too big to make LW anymore.

I don't think Linares can win at 140 lbs. but at 135 lbs. there may be a chance. 

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

Only saw about 8 rounds of the fight, but I saw the tide change a couple of rounds after Campbell got dropped. From the looks of it, Campbell lost his father to cancer during the buildup of this fight, which is why he claims he didn't put on his best performance. 

Those inbred muppets over on Boxingscene were scolding the guy for announcing that his father passed away and that his death should've motivated him even more....e.g. Douglas/Tyson and Brewster/Klitschko. 

Man I swear I hate boxing fans sometime. Smh

• flazi likes this

#4 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

Only saw about 8 rounds of the fight, but I saw the tide change a couple of rounds after Campbell got dropped. From the looks of it, Campbell lost his father to cancer during the buildup of this fight, which is why he claims he didn't put on his best performance. 

Those inbred muppets over on Boxingscene were scolding the guy for announcing that his father passed away and that his death should've motivated him even more....e.g. Douglas/Tyson and Brewster/Klitschko. 

Man I swear I hate boxing fans sometime. Smh

From Rounds 4 through 9, Campbell fought well. Specifically his jab was on point and he was doing good body work too, while maintaining a solid defense.

Linares though, started the fight very well and as usual, took it to another level in the Championship Rounds. Campbell wasn't able to match his intensity down the stretch, so I feel pretty comfortable with my scorecard.

Campbell though has a future in this sport. Linares is a special fighter and has been for some time. No shame in losing to him. 

• flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users