• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

The only guys that are really proven and fkn battle tested is Canelo and Crawford,..."I must confess that all the rest is no contest..."

I would include Thurman in there. His Porter & Garcia wins are very good for his body of work.
  • flazi and mitukczuk like this

#12 mitukczuk

mitukczuk

Lightweight

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

I would include Thurman in there. His Porter & Garcia wins are very good for his body of work.

Thurman shmurman...whatever, Ill give him a pass...like a give a fk :D

• KSUN247 likes this

#13 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

Spence is one big win away from joining the list. I would love to Crawford try to survive against him. Spence is real deal

• flazi likes this

#14 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:10 PM

Resume should be held most accountable, and then you got skill and charisma

And based on that, I'd have it

1. Thurman

2. Canelo

3. AJ

4. GGG

5. Spence

I don't even think Thurman is THAT good but he's the only one with a clean record with two big names on his resume. Canelo also has big names on his resume but just got a draw. AJ has a huge win. GGG cleaned his weight class, has a name or two, and got a draw with the current face of the sport. Spence has looked untouchable and has a huge win with Brook on his resume.

Terence Crawford looks very impressive, but let's be honest, his competition sucks. His most impressive wins: Gamboa? Postol? Indongo? All overrated. Been saying Gamboa was overrated since day one.

Lomachenko also looks very impressive and has Gary Russel and Nicholas Walters on his resume. I never thought Walters was that good either, but schooling Russel in only his third pro fight is quite a feat. Loma could easily make top 5, but is only beat by the guys I listed, which is still up for debate. That loss to Salido also hurts him, he needs to avenge that, one way or another.

Rigondeaux, who the fuck has Rigondeaux fought? Donaire? Who has basically looked like shit for years now.

Sor Rungvisai is premature. Check his record, he has nothing but bums until he got to Chocolatito. But I personally thought Chocolatito was overrated, but he was step up in competition for Sor Rungivisai. Just because Chocolatito lost to this guy, doesn't mean this guy is the next big thing. What happened to Buster Douglas after he beat Tyson? He went no where. Some people catch a guy slippin, it sometimes means nothing.

Wilder, as much as I like Wilder, the question is, who's he fought? He's got some of the standard competition of Heavyweights on his record, but comparing to AJ, he doesn't have someone the likes of Klitschko. So Wilder is going to have to hold out on making top 5.

Mikey Garcia got his first big win against Broner, who's already been exposed by Maidana and Porter. Let's give Garcia bigger comp than Broner, otherwise it's premature.

lol Linares, wouldn't even consider it

Santa Cruz could make the list if these guys didn't exist

And then you got others like Andre Ward who would make the list, but he's retired

• MAHDI likes this

#15 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Resume should be held most accountable, and then you got skill and charisma

And based on that, I'd have it

1. Thurman

2. Canelo

3. AJ

4. GGG

5. Spence

I don't even think Thurman is THAT good but he's the only one with a clean record with two big names on his resume. Canelo also has big names on his resume but just got a draw. AJ has a huge win. GGG cleaned his weight class, has a name or two, and got a draw with the current face of the sport. Spence has looked untouchable and has a huge win with Brook on his resume.

Terence Crawford looks very impressive, but let's be honest, his competition sucks. His most impressive wins: Gamboa? Postol? Indongo? All overrated. Been saying Gamboa was overrated since day one.

Lomachenko also looks very impressive and has Gary Russel and Nicholas Walters on his resume. I never thought Walters was that good either, but schooling Russel in only his third pro fight is quite a feat. Loma could easily make top 5, but is only beat by the guys I listed, which is still up for debate. That loss to Salido also hurts him, he needs to avenge that, one way or another.

Rigondeaux, who the fuck has Rigondeaux fought? Donaire? Who has basically looked like shit for years now.

Sor Rungvisai is premature. Check his record, he has nothing but bums until he got to Chocolatito. But I personally thought Chocolatito was overrated, but he was step up in competition for Sor Rungivisai. Just because Chocolatito lost to this guy, doesn't mean this guy is the next big thing. What happened to Buster Douglas after he beat Tyson? He went no where. Some people catch a guy slippin, it sometimes means nothing.

Wilder, as much as I like Wilder, the question is, who's he fought? He's got some of the standard competition of Heavyweights on his record, but comparing to AJ, he doesn't have someone the likes of Klitschko. So Wilder is going to have to hold out on making top 5.

Mikey Garcia got his first big win against Broner, who's already been exposed by Maidana and Porter. Let's give Garcia bigger comp than Broner, otherwise it's premature.

lol Linares, wouldn't even consider it

Santa Cruz could make the list if these guys didn't exist

And then you got others like Andre Ward who would make the list, but he's retired

Dead on with Crawford.. No way in hell is he p4p with the guys he has fought. His fight against Postol was a bit confusing. He got the win but looked to be running from Postol quite a bit...  Crawford better stay away from Spence... 

#16 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

Are we putting guys on the list, based on potential? I think things get sticky at that point. 

#17 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

With the myriad of belts and mandatories and cold wars between promoters, one's eye test is as valid as any criteria for any P4P at this point. 

#18 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:02 AM

I think that Sor Rungvisai deserves more credit than you guys are giving him. He gave Gonzalez hell in the first fight and even though I had Gonzalez winning narrowly, the decision going Rungvisai's way wasn't that far-fetched.

To leave no doubt as to the result of the first fight, he brutally KO'd Gonzalez. He basically slew a dragon, one who was seen as an incredible, generational talent at the lower weights.

Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson and then it all went to hell. Rungvisai beat Gonzalez twice and quite possibly ended Gonzalez's career as an elite fighter.

When you've done something like that, I think it's truly truly noteworthy.

To put things in perspective, Rungvisai is the only guy on my list who has beaten another "Pound for Pound Elite" by way of Gonzalez...and he did it twice.

The Crawford - Thurman fight will never happen due to promotional issues, so outside of Canelo - GGG it'll be a while before we see 2 of the top Lb. for Lb. dogs go at it.

Until Rungvisai gets owned (which will likely happen when he fights Inoue), he deserves his spot. 

• MAHDI likes this

#19 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,283 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:21 AM

Thurman fights 2 ranked welterweights and hes no1? Doubt it.

#20 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:04 AM

Thurman fights 2 ranked welterweights and hes no1? Doubt it.

lol.. no way in hell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users