• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:10 AM

I wish Crawford could make some real noise at WW when he moves up. Too bad he's in the middle of promotional nonsense. We should have a Top Rank & Friends P4P Elite List...meaning, we should rank TR fighters based on their competition against other small time promoters' fighters. 

#22 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

If Crawford has no power at 147 he will be in trouble. Gamboa the midget was hitting him at will...I mean he has legs but he is not a great defensive fighter. He is talking alot and he has not faced a true welter weight yet. I am not sold on him

#23 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

That's just his confidence talking. He'll be ok. His offensive skills will carry him for a bit. He does need to work on his defense, cause some of these WWs can crack. Let him take Horn's belt first, then hopefully we can see him against some top comp without any promotional drama.
  • MAHDI likes this

#24 daprofessor

daprofessor

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:47 AM

Yeah people already calling Chocolatito overrated because he was fighting bigger men. Sooner or later everyone ends up going too big.

i don't understand how he got into the pound for pound conversation. who did he beat to get there? what skills did he bring to the table? i'll admit, i started watching at the estrada fight and i was not impressed at all. i thought he lost to the kid from mexico too. the ko loss was no surprise. i felt like i missed out on his whole career and every time i ask anyone, "what fight put him on the map?" i never get a good answer. 

• Cshel86 and Franchize like this

#25 daprofessor

daprofessor

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:49 AM

1. rigondeaux

2. crawford

3. lomachenko

#26 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

Seems like the guys with the least fights, get the most votes for P4P. Less is more? Quality over quantity? Pretty interesting. 

#27 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

i don't understand how he got into the pound for pound conversation. who did he beat to get there? what skills did he bring to the table? i'll admit, i started watching at the estrada fight and i was not impressed at all. i thought he lost to the kid from mexico too. the ko loss was no surprise. i felt like i missed out on his whole career and every time i ask anyone, "what fight put him on the map?" i never get a good answer. 

Estrada. What skills? He had the ability to attack and defend on the go, only a handful of fighters in the sport today manage it as effectively as he did. The KO isn't a surprise because he went up in weight. Everyone thought he'd won the first fight as well. But the writing was on the wall after the Cuadras fight, he took a lot of punishment as the smaller man. Kinda like Pac vs Margs, he got the win but clearly lost something that fight.

• Cshel86 likes this

#28 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

Chocolatito was basically a smaller Leo Santa Cruz to me. Incredible motor and ability to apply insane amounts of pressure. I never saw a guy who was oozing with skill though. I'm definitely on the overrated side of the argument. I feel like Lampley tries to thrust any non black fighter who ever fights on their network into the "greatness" category prematurely. The next guy will either be Bivol or Beterbiev likely

• Cshel86 likes this

#29 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

Estrada. What skills? He had the ability to attack and defend on the go, only a handful of fighters in the sport today manage it as effectively as he did. The KO isn't a surprise because he went up in weight. Everyone thought he'd won the first fight as well. But the writing was on the wall after the Cuadras fight, he took a lot of punishment as the smaller man. Kinda like Pac vs Margs, he got the win but clearly lost something that fight.

Yes it was. Dude looked like he ate some shellfish after that fight. 

#30 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:00 PM

Chocolatito was basically a smaller Leo Santa Cruz to me. Incredible motor and ability to apply insane amounts of pressure. I never saw a guy who was oozing with skill though. I'm definitely on the overrated side of the argument. I feel like Lampley tries to thrust any non black fighter who ever fights on their network into the "greatness" category prematurely. The next guy will either be Bivol or Beterbiev likely

That's been the script for a while now. I remember him being a Floyd nuthugger years ago...but his love for Oscar and Manny was a bit suspect, especially Oscar. Remember he made that "butt" comment about Seth Mitchell back in 2012? Scaaaary. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users