Photo

Spence vs Peterson Prediction (Poll Added)

Spence says Thurman scared

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Peterson vs Spence (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. Peterson by Decision (Close) (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Peterson by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Peterson by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Spence by Decision (Close) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Spence by Decision (Wide) (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

6. Spence by KO/TKO (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

7. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

8. DQ/Injury (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#21 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:36 AM

Mismatch by miles

#22 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

Mismatch by miles

I beg to differ. Lamont is and has always been a formidable underdog with the heart of a champion. Spence gets his stripes in this one, if his hand is raised. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#23 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Peterson will have to box for 12 rounds...Spence got good legs though and will get to him...Good fight but Peterson will get worn down. Peterson's lack of power will cost. I have been wrong before lol...I see Spence stopping him late

#24 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

Call me crazy, but I just don't see Spence getting the nod next Saturday. This will go to the cards. Spence's inside game will be tested and I'm sure Lamont will use the ring early, but not make the same mistake he did in the Garcia fight and keep himself out of range of landing his own shots. 

This seems like a "test" for the young champ, but to me, it's more of a bad move....and I like Spence. Where does he go from here, if things don't go his way?

#25 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

I got Spence winning a wide decision, but could see him maybe stopping Lamont late from body work and then a head shot. Lamont is gonna be game and give him a handful though. They both love to bang. I don't see Lamont getting wrecked a la Matthyssee. Gonna be some give and get in this one. Spence basically said he's gonna walk thru him. Spence gets hit a lot. One day, his chin won't hold up, but Lamont doesn't have that type of power. Spence by UD!

#26 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:35 AM

I can see Lamont potentially sticking and moving, frustrating Spence, but still losing a decision. But most-likely Spence is going to find him and put him down within 6 rounds, more or less.

In short, there's no way Lamont can win this, I'd be fucking shocked if he does.

#27 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

The layoff for me is the turning point. Lamont hasn't been in the ring for a very long time. You don't have a come back fight and face a top 5 fighter....I like Spence but Lamont is no bitch. I am going with The Truth because of his activity.

If Spence were to lose and he would face the winner between Devon and Ortiz. If Lamont wins, Danny Garcia rematch

#28 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

Peterson has a warriors chance but his best is gone

#29 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

Spence by stoppage 8 or 9. There is talk Spence gets hit alot.. I beg to differ. He picks off many shots. Brook landed 31% of his punches and Spence was admittedly not that sharp. Spence took some good shots though and was never rattled... Peterson will have to box 12 rounds, but Spence can also box

Edited by MAHDI, 16 January 2018 - 01:40 PM.

• KSUN247 likes this

#30 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

I beg to differ. Lamont is and has always been a formidable underdog with the heart of a champion. Spence gets his stripes in this one, if his hand is raised.

He's been formidable in every outing coming into the fight just not actually finnishing in his favor, he's got a warriors chance. Spence has already been in with better Peterson is just another c level game dog. He has a skill set with the heart of a lion but that don't add up when u fighting someone with a more outstanding track record and more physical gifts. I saw everything I needed to see about Spence in the Brook fight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users