• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Well Spence says he and Peterson is a go. Peterson is about to get the beating of lifetime and may be finito afterwards. I Like Peterson but Spence is all wrong for him... Spence says Thurman is making excuses. After Peterson gets annihilated hopefully I can see Spence send Thurman to the hospital. If Spence stays at 147 he will be the KING... I see him at middleweight in 2 years

#2 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

Yeah Spence is gonna stop him. Lamont might have success making the fight look sloppy and ugly early on compared to what he could do against Matthysse, but Spence is pretty much going to clobber him as such.

• MAHDI likes this

#3 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Lamont is basically fighting himself if he were a middleweight. They both have similar styles. Both are excellent body punches, but Spence moves organs with his body shots. I honestly think with Ward retired, Spence may be the best body puncher in boxing. I see Spence winning by wide UD because Peterson is still very crafty and has a ton of experience. I think someone gets hit with a low blow inadvertently only because there will be so many body punches. I think this will be a good fight and end in a somewhat predictable fashion. I don't see Thurman fighting Spence any time soon. I think Errol sits on the shelf and ends up fighting Porter because he'll be the only one willing to jump in the ring. 

• MAHDI likes this

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

This won't be Easy Street for Spence

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Well Spence says he and Peterson is a go. Peterson is about to get the beating of lifetime and may be finito afterwards. I Like Peterson but Spence is all wrong for him... Spence says Thurman is making excuses. After Peterson gets annihilated hopefully I can see Spence send Thurman to the hospital. If Spence stays at 147 he will be the KING... I see him at middleweight in 2 years

You're starting to sound like a groupie. Haven't you learned not to give guys W's before they even step in the ring?

#6 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

Mayweather calls Spence the Truth. I am a Spence fan...We all make predictions before hand. I stand by my pick. Calling me a groupie as if you are some big time and tougher than nails mofo... I will not respond to you unless you are betting. I got money on Spence. Bar injury by Spence Peterson gets mauled...dominated. Unless you are betting me save your breath.

Edited by MAHDI, 15 October 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#7 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

Lamont is basically fighting himself if he were a middleweight. They both have similar styles. Both are excellent body punches, but Spence moves organs with his body shots. I honestly think with Ward retired, Spence may be the best body puncher in boxing. I see Spence winning by wide UD because Peterson is still very crafty and has a ton of experience. I think someone gets hit with a low blow inadvertently only because there will be so many body punches. I think this will be a good fight and end in a somewhat predictable fashion. I don't see Thurman fighting Spence any time soon. I think Errol sits on the shelf and ends up fighting Porter because he'll be the only one willing to jump in the ring. 

I agree with your analysis. Spence is too strong and Peterson does not hit hard enough. In order for Peterson to survive he will have to box and use his legs which he can, yet Spence has good legs, movement, and can become hard to hit once he settles in... As much as I like Porter I don't think he has enough power for Spence and that too will not pan out good for him. Of course anything can happen in bouts, but bar that "anything can happen" playing out and Spence is 100% , neither Porter or Peterson has what it takes. Mayweather seems to lean towards Spence being the guy to beat and taking over.. I see the same thing and I think people are shutting their eyes at what Spence has been doing in there and how good he really is

Edited by MAHDI, 15 October 2017 - 07:16 PM.

#8 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,963 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:13 AM

I'm still in a gray area with regards to Peterson at WW. He has the frame to be at WW. He has decent boxing ability and he's tall and rangy. He's a better Chris Algeiri. Much better skill wise. He may be the guy who can make Spence look bad. I do think that Spence eventually walks him down. I can see Peterson taking a knee due to body shots. Spence 12rnd tko. 

• MAHDI likes this

#9 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

Mayweather calls Spence the Truth. I am a Spence fan...We all make predictions before hand. I stand by my pick. Calling me a groupie as if you are some big time and tougher than nails mofo... I will not respond to you unless you are betting. I got money on Spence. Bar injury by Spence Peterson gets mauled...dominated. Unless you are betting me save your breath.

But you responded though, lol. At least quote my post if you're gonna respond. I am a "some big time and tougher than nails mofo" because your perception says so. You spoke that, not me. 

Mayweather also said Chad Dawson was the future of boxing. Didn't he say that about Jessie Vargas too!? C'mon man. People listen to Floyd when it's convenient for them. How is he the truth, because he gave Floyd a black eye during sparring? Because he owned Broner in sparring? The same Broner that you say was never that good to begin with!?

That betting stuff is for clowns, so save you breath. Yes, we all make predictions, but saying that a guy will be "King" of a loaded division when he's simply gotten past an ex kicker boxer and a dude with a previously broken orbital bone who struggled to make 147? 

#10 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

But you responded though, lol. At least quote my post if you're gonna respond. I am a "some big time and tougher than nails mofo" because your perception says so. You spoke that, not me. 

Mayweather also said Chad Dawson was the future of boxing. Didn't he say that about Jessie Vargas too!? C'mon man. People listen to Floyd when it's convenient for them. How is he the truth, because he gave Floyd a black eye during sparring? Because he owned Broner in sparring? The same Broner that you say was never that good to begin with!?

That betting stuff is for clowns, so save you breath. Yes, we all make predictions, but saying that a guy will be "King" of a loaded division when he's simply gotten past an ex kicker boxer and a dude with a previously broken orbital bone who struggled to make 147? 

Thurman is ranked on p4p pound lists and he couldn't even vanquish Bundu. We see what Spence did to Bundu, damn near killed him. Funny how before a rusty Spence put his foot in Brook's ass, many questioned his comp and his ability to get it done and we saw what happened there. Brook fought 11 rounds hard so I don't buy that damaged goods and orbital bone shit. GGG broke the right orbital and then Spence broke the left....and that is not impressive and suggestive of Spence being a problem at 147? He stopped Algeri when Providnokov and Pac could not... lmao if you claim Spence has not shown he is special. I stand by my proclamation. He already has the IBF so me forecasting him to be KING of 147 is not crazy in the least....The division may be loaded and I see Spence as being a cut above  the others. His last 8 opponents has been stopped and I see no reason why Peterson will not be the 9th

Edited by MAHDI, 16 October 2017 - 06:56 PM.

• The Original MrFactor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users