• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

Thurman is ranked on p4p pound lists and he couldn't even vanquish Bundu. We see what Spence did to Bundu, damn near killed him. Funny how before a rusty Spence put his foot in Brook's ass, many questioned his comp and his ability to get it done and we saw what happened there. Brook fought 11 rounds hard so I don't buy that damaged goods and orbital bone shit. GGG broke the right orbital and then Spence broke the left....and that is not impressive and suggestive of Spence being a problem at 147? He stopped Algeri when Providnokov and Pac could not... lmao if you claim Spence has not shown he is special. I stand by my proclamation. He already has the IBF so me forecasting him to be KING of 147 is not crazy in the least....The division may be loaded and I see Spence as being a cut above  the others. His last 8 opponents has been stopped and I see no reason why Peterson will not be the 9th

Let's not bring up Bundu when everybody clowned Thurman for fighting him. Please. People are putting all of this mustard on it when Spence stopped him, but they heckled Thurman about fighting him. As far as Algieri, didn't get softened up enough against Ruslan and Pac? C'mon man. 

We can't say how rusty Spence was, when Brook was the one coming off of a beating and eye injury at the hands of GGG. How could Spence be "rusty" when he came off of a 9-month layoff, versus a guy who came off a beating from one of the biggest punchers in the sport AND an eye injury, AND he struggled to make weight? Again, c'mon. 

Yes, you're a bit on the crazy side (not completely) for forecasting him to be the "King" of 147 when he has one of four belts. 

#12 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

Not completely...lmao Spence said he was rusty and gave himself a B- in stopping Brook. He was not satisfied with his work...I like that mentality in a young gifted champion.

Edited by MAHDI, 17 October 2017 - 12:42 PM.

#13 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

He stopped Brook, a man were not really sure how good he is. Brook just beat Porter in a close fight. Thats it, thats his entire resume. One thing Spence has is power and buckets of it and yes he seems like he can fuck up someone like Thurman who back pedals a lot. But imagine someone like Porter who would smother his work and make Spence uncomfortable.

• MAHDI likes this

#14 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

So Spence gets no credit for taking out Algeri who many including Alger himself said Spence had been coddled lol...Spence can box and also can get tight defensively as well... Porter vs Spence would be good while it lasted but I see Porter falling victim to the power of Spence. He has a good chin but as Broner was able to put him on the canvas, I see Spences power sending him there more than once in route to a stoppage...Brook seemed effected by every shot Spence hit him with and Spence took some on the chin very well. The fight between he and Peterson will be good. If peterson does his usual inclose fighting with Spence he will not see the distance. If he boxes and uses his legs and skills it will look different and Spence will have to adjust

#15 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

I thought Spence showed some flaws in his fight with Brook. Brook made him uncomfortable and sloppy, and that's something Porter can do. But Spence has proved he can weather the storm and dish it out. He'll be a threat to anyone pretty much, but there may be someone out there that can beat him.

Against Peterson however, it's a no brainer. Peterson is a class behind these guys, I don't even know why this is a debate or even a discussion.

#16 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

I thought Spence showed some flaws in his fight with Brook. Brook made him uncomfortable and sloppy, and that's something Porter can do. But Spence has proved he can weather the storm and dish it out. He'll be a threat to anyone pretty much, but there may be someone out there that can beat him.

Against Peterson however, it's a no brainer. Peterson is a class behind these guys, I don't even know why this is a debate or even a discussion.

I can see your points. Brook was champion and the best he faced. But he did adjust and stop him. And you are correct about Peterson, yet he did in many eyes beat Danny Garcia.. I guess he too is a class behind?

#17 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:07 AM

I can see your points. Brook was champion and the best he faced. But he did adjust and stop him. And you are correct about Peterson, yet he did in many eyes beat Danny Garcia.. I guess he too is a class behind?

I may be in the minority but I thought Danny clearly won the fight. Peterson did a lot of showboating, moving, and played his poker face well to look like he was the man in control, but Danny landed the more and cleaner shots, and it was clear to anyone that has an eye for it. 

There are people that think that just because you are the boxer and don't look overwhelmed then that means you won the fight. it's the equivalent but opposite of those that always think the aggressor wins, even if he isn't effective. 

Danny isn't flashy and doesn't sell his body language well to where he looks uncomfortable in there a lot, but that doesn't mean he isn't effective, and that's where the illusion comes from where people always think he's losing a fight because they don't favor his style. 

• MAHDI likes this

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

I'm not so sure Spence gets past Thurman as easily as people predict...or at all, dare I say. 

#19 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

That fight will "marinate". 

Am not even mad that Spence is fighting Peterson, he deserves a gimme fight. Its just standard procedure when winning a title to get some cash in the bank. BUT shoulda fought Cotto imo. Having that HOF would do wonders, look at Joshua. He beats Klit and hes pretty much a super star here and his resume is miles ahead of most in his division. I understand there were strings, but 1-2 fights extra with Golden Boy ain't all that bad compared to putting Cotto to bed. For sure less money, but the prestige alone would carry into all his paydays. But theres also an exclusive deal to fight with HBO so dunno just dont know. Its a close one imo

#20 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:07 PM

That fight will "marinate". 

Am not even mad that Spence is fighting Peterson, he deserves a gimme fight. Its just standard procedure when winning a title to get some cash in the bank. BUT shoulda fought Cotto imo. Having that HOF would do wonders, look at Joshua. He beats Klit and hes pretty much a super star here and his resume is miles ahead of most in his division. I understand there were strings, but 1-2 fights extra with Golden Boy ain't all that bad compared to putting Cotto to bed. For sure less money, but the prestige alone would carry into all his paydays. But theres also an exclusive deal to fight with HBO so dunno just dont know. Its a close one imo

I get what you're saying, but I can't say that Peterson's a "gimme" fight. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users