• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:06 AM

There seems to be a new anthem with fighters....making legit opponents wait. Wait for What? And prove What? How did this bullshit waiting game start?
Thurman says Spence has to wait.... Anthony Joshua says Wilder needs to wait. Farmer says Davis needs to wait. GGG says everyone not named Canelo has to wait. Fuck Canelo is telling GGG he has to wait.
Wait for What? This phrase is a cop out! It is like dating a girl for six months and the chic is like telling you she wants to wait before yawl fuck?! What! Six months isn't long enough? These fighters are sounding like bitches. I like all the fighters that I mentioned but get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Either you fight them or you don't.

Sorry fellas for the absence. New baby, she is stingy with my time.

Edited by Dolimite, 22 October 2017 - 07:08 AM.

• flazi, Cshel86 and MaxPayne like this

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

I agree. Translation: I do not want to fight you!!!
  • The Original MrFactor likes this

#3 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,963 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

This is the Mayweather effect. I'm sure we can look back at Sugar Ray Leonard and say he may have done it a few times. Aaron Pryor... Blah... Blah.. Blah...

Back to Mayweather. He started this bullshit in order to avoid Antonio Margarito. He was scared shitless of the guy. Margarito was the top WW at the time he requested the fight. Both fought for TR. Margarito confronted Mayweather in person. Look it up on YOUTUBE. Mayweather ssstutterrs and ssstaammers his way to a "not right now," answer. Stating it will be bigger later. Mayweather also opted to ban Margarito from any press conferences for the Baldomir fight. Later, in order to avoid Paul Williams and Margarito, Mayweather retired until both guys slipped. 

#4 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

This is the Mayweather effect. I'm sure we can look back at Sugar Ray Leonard and say he may have done it a few times. Aaron Pryor... Blah... Blah.. Blah...

Back to Mayweather. He started this bullshit in order to avoid Antonio Margarito. He was scared shitless of the guy. Margarito was the top WW at the time he requested the fight. Both fought for TR. Margarito confronted Mayweather in person. Look it up on YOUTUBE. Mayweather ssstutterrs and ssstaammers his way to a "not right now," answer. Stating it will be bigger later. Mayweather also opted to ban Margarito from any press conferences for the Baldomir fight. Later, in order to avoid Paul Williams and Margarito, Mayweather retired until both guys slipped.

You just went full retard, never go full retard. That fuckin cheater Margarito deserves all the bs that happened to him. Paul Williams was still coming up the ranks.
  • flazi and mrwigi like this

#5 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

Let's set a few things straight when it comes to Margarito:

1) Margarito was only good because he had a decent gas tank, a good chin, and...oh, of course, loaded gloves for the majority of his time as an upper echelon fighter.

2) Mayweather was in the middle of a promotional dispute with Arum and any bout agreement that he signed with Margarito contained language regarding options on future Mayweather fights. This is Arum's way of doing business and always has been.

3) Even if they had fought, loaded gloves and all, Mayweather would have danced circles around Margarito's slow, zombie ass and beaten the shit out of him over 12 rounds.

4) What happened in the Baldomir fight would have been exactly the same thing in a Margarito fight.

I don't even understand how people can put Margarito and Mayweather in the same area code. 

• flazi, mrwigi, Dolimite and 1 other like this

#6 mrwigi

mrwigi

Bantamweight

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:52 AM

1) Margarito was only good because he had a decent gas tank, a good chin, and...oh, of course, loaded gloves for the majority of his time as an upper echelon fighter.

2) Mayweather was in the middle of a promotional dispute with Arum and any bout agreement that he signed with Margarito contained language regarding options on future Mayweather fights. This is Arum's way of doing business and always has been.

3) Even if they had fought, loaded gloves and all, Mayweather would have danced circles around Margarito's slow, zombie ass and beaten the shit out of him over 12 rounds.

4) What happened in the Baldomir fight would have been exactly the same thing in a Margarito fight.

I don't even understand how people can put Margarito and Mayweather in the same area code. 

I couldn't have said it better myself.

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Sometimes, I don't mind when fighters wait no more than a year to fight "the" fight of the division. We've seen things marinate and end up stinking up the joint, e.g., Alexander/Bradley. 

I say I agree with fighters waiting, sometimes, because boxing fans have such short memories and they're never satisfied at the end of the day. As soon a guy wins a title or performs well in a high profile fight, boxing fans rush to throw him into fantasy fights, when we all know how the business goes. 

If a guy wins a title or a high profile fight, they're usually going to be put in with somewhat of a soft touch in his next fight, then the "business" (prudent matchmaking) begins. 

#8 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Middleweight

• Members
  • 2,981 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Sometimes it works sometimes it works against you

#9 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,337 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:20 PM

This is the same society who believe Migos is the best rap duo in rap history. Lorenzo Ball said Migos and Young Thug were real hip hop and not Nas, Biggie etc.
  • flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users