Photo

Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Wilder vs. Stiverne II (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

Stiverne had me thinking he could atleast go the distance. Wilder threw caution to Wind and landed shots without worrying about return fire. Stiverne needs to quit

#12 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:53 PM

Im not home, but I see that the fat bastard got iced! Good! He shouldve showed up in the first fight. Cant wait to get back home and see it.

#13 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

BOOOOOMB SQUAAAAD

#14 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

You beat a guy like Stiverne spectacularly and hope that this gets you the BIG fight. Thats the way its supposed to work in the real world. Instead, you KO Stiverne spectacularly and then the BIG fight  Champ runs like hell because they fear you.

Wilder KO's Joshua in less than 5 rounds if they fight in the next year. Neither guy is polished or superbly skilled, but one guy can beat the other.

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#15 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

BTW. also Porter/Granados was a good competitive fight. Kudos to Porter for always taking tough fights. He improves just a little for each fight. I like the work he puts in, in the gym. Pops got him training right. He's graduated from Caveman Clubber to a polished guy with a good jab, head movement and solid power in both hands. I would have paid the PPV money for him against Bradley. The head bumping would have caused a new universe...

On the other hand Granados is a tough out for anyone. I said this after the Broner fight. His reach makes him very tough to beat. Kudos to Adrian Broner because this fight with Porter proved Granados is gonna take out a big name at some point. He's been robbed on a few occasions. He may turn out to be the WW Glenn Johnson. 

After the fight, Porter, like everyone else made it abundantly clear that he wants none of Errol Spence Jr. Surprised to hear that too. He, rather, his dad says that they worked hard  to get the Mandatory spot for Thurman and they are sticking with that. They are "past the IBF belt??" Huh?? Kenny!!! Really?? Y'all scared. I'll say it for you.

Edited by The Original MrFactor, 08 November 2017 - 09:18 AM.

• flazi and KSUN247 like this

#16 daprofessor

daprofessor

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:40 AM

wilder>joshua. aj don't want none. neither does his promoter. 

• The Original MrFactor and Cshel86 like this

#17 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:28 AM

Klitschko eclipses anyone Wilders beaten.

#18 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:04 AM

Klitschko eclipses anyone Wilders beaten.

Well to be fair, the guys Wilder's tryna fight either are doping or don't want no smoke with him. Im not a Wilder fan at all but the opponent argument is kinda a moot point now. Dude flat out said he will fight anyone anywhere at any time. Either you are going to fight him and beat him or you're not. 

"If you scared say you scared." lol

3621330.jpg.94c9405a915fb63b6ecac72f0f09

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#19 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

Aside from the straight right which Stiverne seemed to invite Wilder looked amatuerish and wild.To his credit Wilder did some unorthodox type movements and he seems agile.Credit is given but really I hope he doesnt think he can attack like that against Joshua.Wilder seems to be more naturally athletic than Joshua who seems to be a bit too muscled and heavy. Stiverne did not want to be in the ring. Stiverene needs to leave the sport.

#20 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

Porter/Granados: Interesting scrap, but Granados played himself. He should've only engaged in that type of fight against Porter in a sparring session, not in a live fight. That was Porter's fight all day long, and Granados only had the heart and chin to withstand it, not the skill. 

When I saw him against the ropes throwing arm punches like Bradley did against the ropes in the 2nd round of the Ruslan fight...just to show the crowd and judges that he was "still in the fight". 

Again, Granados has the heart and chin to fight that type of fight, but not the skill. Overall, it was a great fight from an entertainment standpoint. As most have mentioned, Porter improves more and more between fights. 

Wilder/Stiverne: We all saw what happened there, lol. Stiverne came in with the retired stripper body and acted like it wasn't round 13, shame on him. I mean, why did he even show up? I heard there was some step-aside money involved, which would've been more than he made this past Saturday night. So, maybe he wanted another crack at the title, or maybe he wanted to see if he could beat Wilder. Who knows. Either way, he stunk up the joint, especially with all of that shit-talking before the fight. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users