• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

R.I.P. to a true legend. In a time where there are some amateurs masquerading as professionals (Cshel and I have had this discussion before), it's extra important we pay homage to true artisans who took time to master their craft. Being a cutman is a true art and requires a unique expertise and he was truly among the best. 

• Cshel86 likes this

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,156 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

RIP to another great one that we lost in the boxing community. I had no idea he's been involved with the sport for over 60 years, but I'm happy to hear that he's enjoyed 88 years on this Earth! 

Rest easy

#3 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Middleweight

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

Rip to a hall of famer

#4 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

I remember him with Oscar and I believe he was Chavez Sr. Cutman as well. Wasn't he with Vargas as well? The thing that sticks out was his hat with all those buttons and his calmness in the corner. One of the true professionals in the game. Never trying to be the main attraction. He seemed to be enjoying his later years. Rest on Power RG.

#5 mitukczuk

mitukczuk

Lightweight

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:21 AM

Legend.

Always did his job and did it extremely well. I was actually always looking forward to seeing him in Floyds corner, he was a great character. To be in the profession for 60 damn years must have brought him some serious knowledge. Hopefully, he managed to pass some of it down so he can keep living through someone elses hands.

RIP 

Edited by mitukczuk, 23 November 2017 - 06:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users