• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

Is this going to happen? If so, how long does Mcgregor last in there with Pac? Macgregor may end up  being the guy in history with the biggest purses for two consecutive losses

Edited by MAHDI, 08 December 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#2 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

Why not? Cotto should of picked Connor. But I don't think the fight will generate as much interest as it did with Floyd.

#3 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

Need to see what Manny still has in the tank. Connor may have improved a bit. Manny will be aggressive and so will Connor. Expect Manny to KO him just like Floyd but sooner. Would not be surprised if he can touch Manny up though. This will be a mega payday for him. He's never going back to UFC to fight if he can get a Pacquiao payday.

#4 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

Floyd's got more left than Manny, Same result, a win for Manny mid rounds TKO.  But has Manny slipped enough to make this fight competitive?  The Horn fight, that he should have won, I think says no.

Jack

#5 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

I see Manny knocking Conor out but I also could see him hurting Manny early. One of the things that stood out to me when Conor fought Floyd was how much bigger than Floyd he was. End of the day, I doubt this fight happens though. 

#6 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:05 AM

I think Pac is very vulnerable in the twilight of his career. But whether he stops Mcgregor i dunno he doesn't seem to have a blistering pace anymore 

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,161 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

I see Manny knocking Conor out but I also could see him hurting Manny early. One of the things that stood out to me when Conor fought Floyd was how much bigger than Floyd he was. End of the day, I doubt this fight happens though. 

That size will be an issue, but Conor isn't on the level of a Horn (can't believe I just said that). I'm almost sure they'll drain the hell outta Conor and make him come in at like 149 or some shit, so it'll be that less competitive . 

#8 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

Word on the street is Dana White will pursue legal action against Manny if they continue discussions 

#9 mitukczuk

mitukczuk

Lightweight

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:15 AM

First of..How the fuck did we get here? Into discussions about Manny fighting Connor. Not so long ago, people wanted to choke Floyd for daring to entertain the thought of fighting Mc. Now..look at that...Manny wants a piece of that money along with others and suddenly it aint such a biggie. hah

I just love seeing how has Floyd paved the way for so many fighters, ideas, fights, possibilities, options. The man truly was a boxing visionary along with his team. Every time I see BS like this popping up I mentally high five Floyd. Good or bad, the dude had eyes on the prize the whole time. Didn't slip once.

But I don't know...in Floyd's case, it was his 50th fight, big goodbye and given his career was almost every time about money, it made a lot of sense to go out with such a fight.

Manny tho? The peoples champ? The warrior? The bang bang bang bang man? The politician? You can see he just wants to cash out...which is kinda sad. 

Edited by mitukczuk, 14 December 2017 - 06:16 AM.

#10 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:28 AM

It's all about the moolah! Everyone saw how much Floyd and Connor made and now they wanna cash in on some of that retirement money too. DeLaHoya was thinking about it, and now Manny. Pacquiao won't be the last boxer to call out McGregor. Meanwhile, Floyd is just chillin and McGregor is out acting a fool and living it up with his new found riches. McGregor ain't fighting again in the UFC, if he can make another $50-$100 Million fighting Manny. I know I wouldn't. Everybody is like #ShowMeTheMoney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users