• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

Was tremendous under SR.. Went downhill when he left... Dawson was that guy... had all the tools for greatness!!!

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

Chad-- LOL.. I could not edit the damned title.. 

#3 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:40 AM

I hated watching his fights. He had some great fights. However, the last 4 or 5 years of his career had him gun shy. It was either gunshy or he was too cerebral. He'd get in the ring and not want to throw punches. It was frustrating, watching him. Screaming at the screen for him to throw a freaking punch.  

#4 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Like I said...He was downhill after leaving Sr...
  • The Original MrFactor and MAHDI like this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,161 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:06 AM

Was over Dawson after he fought a slew of older guys, then got outgunned by the likes of Pascal. After the "I hurt my shoulder" excuse in his corner, then his denial when Merchant asked about it after the fight, did it for me. 

#6 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

His degeneration at such a young age was unfortunate...But you could see the lack of drive, focus, and the disinterest--- He was tight defensively and offensively with Floyd Sr

#7 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

He ruined himself with trying to cut down to fighting Ward. Not sure why he did it. Hope the money was worth it.

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,161 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

He ruined himself with trying to cut down to fighting Ward. Not sure why he did it. Hope the money was worth it.

Nah man, he got 600k for the Ward fight, after just facing Hopkins months prior and settling for the lesser end of a 70/30 purse split. So yeah, maybe he took the fight because he wasn't sure he'd get another noteworthy payday....since then, he hasn't. Smh

#9 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

Nah man, he got 600k for the Ward fight, after just facing Hopkins months prior and settling for the lesser end of a 70/30 purse split. So yeah, maybe he took the fight because he wasn't sure he'd get another noteworthy payday....since then, he hasn't. Smh

Man after facing Hopkins he was the man at light heavyweight. Imagine if he didn't fight Ward but fought Stevenson instead.

#10 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,161 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:06 AM

Man after facing Hopkins he was the man at light heavyweight. Imagine if he didn't fight Ward but fought Stevenson instead.

That's definitely worth arguing. I watched Dawson/Stevenson a couple of days ago, and from the look in Dawson's eyes during the ref's instructions, he was already a beaten man.

Hell, he seemed irritated and somewhat disinterested during the kickoff press conference. Dude seemed to be wearing a lot (carrying unnecessary burdens) around that time. How do you think the Stevenson fight would've turned out, had he not faced Ward?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users