• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#71 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:54 AM

I didn't see anything from Lamont to suggest he needs to retire. He just needs to stay away from Spence lol. I would suggest he go back to 140 tho

• flazi, Dolimite and MAHDI like this

#72 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

Peterson went out standing... Brook bowed down!!! lol... Brook  was talking shit the other day on video...said spence was not that great and he could beat him...lol I bet after last night he was having flashbacks-I would enjoy watching them go at it again, but Spence would end it earlier. Spence is not a one trick pony and his foot work is damned good. He traps guys. He seems to be a mix of hagler and mike maccallum the body snatcher. The boy is the truth

• flazi likes this

#73 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,060 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

Peterson went out standing... Brook bowed down!!! lol... Brook  was talking shit the other day on video...said spence was not that great and he could beat him...lol I bet after last night he was having flashbacks-I would enjoy watching them go at it again, but Spence would end it earlier. Spence is not a one trick pony and his foot work is damned good. He traps guys. He seems to be a mix of hagler and mike maccallum the body snatcher. The boy is the truth

I liked the commentators comparison to Terry Norris. This guy is in his prime now. Would love to see how Thurman and Crawford deal with him. I'm picking Spence until he mopves up to 154. No one beats him at WW.

• flazi, Dolimite and MAHDI like this

#74 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

I dont think Petersen can make 140 anymore. He's 34 and built on some muscle at WW. I think he's competitive with anyone in the upper tier at WW. He may surprise folks and be able to beat a Keth Thurman or Jeff Horn or Terrence Crawford. All 3 of those guys havent shown me that they'd do any better than Petersen against Spence. Spence is special at this weight. 

• flazi and MAHDI like this

#75 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

Fun fight, but very predictable. Spence is special and Petersen is rugged. The one thing that I take from this fight is that Erroll Spence is 100% offense. No defense whatsoever. I watched and was screaming at the TV,  "swing with him Lamont because you're landing big, every time you swing!" Just not enough. How do you beat Spence, start early and swing away with him. Easier said than done. Spence also has fast hands. You have to let your hands go with Spence. Against Peterson and even Brook, he had very little to worry about because he's gonna swing while those two guys plod and stare and get hit. Neither of those guys let their hands go. They arent built like that. 

Even though I think Porter is running from this guy, he has some of the tools to be competitive with Spence. Porter is great at getting inside and he fucking swings away which may make Spence think after really getting hit a few times by a guy who's hitting with leverage and power. Porter will  let his hands go. I expect Thurman and Crawford to look much like Petersen. Horn is big, slow, sloppy and makes for ugly grab matches and doesnt let his hands go. I think Spence KO's him and bloodies his ass up on the way to that KO.

• MAHDI likes this

#76 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

I liked the commentators comparison to Terry Norris. This guy is in his prime now. Would love to see how Thurman and Crawford deal with him. I'm picking Spence until he mopves up to 154. No one beats him at WW.

Good comparson, my Hagler comparison is relative to his intensity and killer attack

#77 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

Fun fight, but very predictable. Spence is special and Petersen is rugged. The one thing that I take from this fight is that Erroll Spence is 100% offense. No defense whatsoever. I watched and was screaming at the TV,  "swing with him Lamont because you're landing big, every time you swing!" Just not enough. How do you beat Spence, start early and swing away with him. Easier said than done. Spence also has fast hands. You have to let your hands go with Spence. Against Peterson and even Brook, he had very little to worry about because he's gonna swing while those two guys plod and stare and get hit. Neither of those guys let their hands go. They arent built like that. 

Even though I think Porter is running from this guy, he has some of the tools to be competitive with Spence. Porter is great at getting inside and he fucking swings away which may make Spence think after really getting hit a few times by a guy who's hitting with leverage and power. Porter will  let his hands go. I expect Thurman and Crawford to look much like Petersen. Horn is big, slow, sloppy and makes for ugly grab matches and doesnt let his hands go. I think Spence KO's him and bloodies his ass up on the way to that KO.

Good analysis with Porter. Porter can box and has a hard good jab when he uses. He would have to go into the lab and stick to a sound game and execute it perfectly to survive the 12 rounds with  Spence in defeat. I thought Spence showed good defense. As pointed out by the commentators, opponents land only 24% of power punches. He gets caught but not often. The welters cannot hurt the boy. I understand your punch with him, Peterson landed but every time he did Spence retaliated like a killer. His accuracy was uncanny last night and every shot was debilitating

Edited by MAHDI, 21 January 2018 - 12:12 PM.

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#78 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

Good analysis with Porter. Porter can box and has a hard good jab when he uses. He would have to go into the lab and stick to a sound game and execute it perfectly to survive the 12 rounds with  Spence in defeat. I thought Spence showed good defense. As pointed out by the commentators, opponents land only 24% of power punches. He gets caught but not often. The welters cannot hurt the boy. I understand your punch with him, Peterson landed but every time he did Spence retaliated like a killer. His accuracy was uncanny last night and every shot was debilitating

His offense is his defense. That works for him now, because his offense is so potent. it will be interesting to see how he deals with a guy who can counterpunch like a mule(which doesnt exist at WW) or as guy who's offense and hit back ala Porter. 

#79 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

Crawford and Spence PLEASE!

#80 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:08 PM

lol I said Spence was going to destroy Lamont. Lamont had a chance at using movement and making things a little interesting like he did against Danny Garcia, but he didn't even do that and got picked apart and put down. 

No brag, but aren't my predictions mostly accurate? Boxing is easy to predict, on some rare occasions you can be surprised by a flash KO or performance, but it's mostly just straight up an down, stop buying into hype or depending on your favorite fighters. If you don't have the skill, mental or physical capabilities, you have no chance against the other guy, it's just the way it is. Boxing is all about what the guys can do, what they can't do, and how good they are at doing it. Mayweather is the only one that turned boxing into a chess match, while everyone else is in there playing checkers. They don't know how to win the mental game, they all fight in a rhythm and try to do what they know best, and there's always a guy who does it better, no matter how hard they try. They fight in habits and there's always a habit that can expose yours.

MMA is a lot more unpredictable though. The fighters are overall less discipline in comparison, their composure is all over the place, and there's so many ways to win, so you're more-likely to see people who are better, get submitted or hit with some flash KO or something in comparison to boxing. There's more shock factor involved in MMA, that's why it has gained fans so fast.

• MAHDI likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users