• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:48 PM

His offense is his defense. That works for him now, because his offense is so potent. it will be interesting to see how he deals with a guy who can counterpunch like a mule(which doesnt exist at WW) or as guy who's offense and hit back ala Porter. 

Thinking on it..Porter does not hit hard enough. Imagine Spence hitting Thurman to the body and head like Porter did? Porter does not hit hard enough to beat Spence. He gets beaten bloody

Edited by MAHDI, 21 January 2018 - 06:49 PM.

#82 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,932 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

If anybody can give Spence a run for his money, it'll be Thurman. Call me crazy, but he can. At least we know he can use his legs, pot shot, and has enough power to keep Spence honest. 

Thing is, aint nobody trying to wait 5 fuckin years to see this fight. Keith isn't Floyd and nobody's clamoring for this fight as bad as people wanted see May/Pac. 

• flazi likes this

#83 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

Thurman turned into a diva real quick.  after talking shit about mayweather, like 2 fights later he is talking like he mayweather.  i agree he should tune up first, but after that dude fight spence or let go of your belt.

#84 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,932 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Thurman turned into a diva real quick.  after talking shit about mayweather, like 2 fights later he is talking like he mayweather.  i agree he should tune up first, but after that dude fight spence or let go of your belt.

As much as I hate his dialogue and his reasoning behind everything, I have to let him through with this one. If he won't fight Spence til 2019, so be it...I guess. 

Why? Thanks for asking. Because he has two lucrative fights in a Porter and Garcia rematch in his back pockets...both guys whom he's fought and is familiar with.

I can't be mad at it....because...who's standing in line to fight Spence at this moment? Nobody. Who wants Keith? Danny, Porter, Vargas, Khan, etc.

Sadly, Thurman's in the driver seat on this one....only because Spence can't get anybody to fight him.

Spence is young and prime and will only get better each fight...so he's not in the greatest position at this time. It's kinda like the same spot Keith was in years ago, but he started to look vulnerable in some fights, then BOOM, everybody wants to fight him. 

• flazi likes this

#85 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

I always wonder if Spence opponents don't increase in skill will he stagnate? It happened to Gary Russell Jr.

• Cshel86 likes this

#86 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,035 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

I always wonder if Spence opponents don't increase in skill will he stagnate? It happened to Gary Russell Jr.

I think GRJ was who we thought he was. High speed, high activity, very low ring IQ. When you can deal with his speed, whats he got in terms of thinking his way to victory... Nothing... Zab Judah, only dumber...

As far as Spence, he always has a plan to break you down. He hasnt had to change up much. He will be king of 47. 54, may provide him some adversity. Bigger guys, bigger punch resistance. Perhaps then we'll see a change in game plan.

#87 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

If anybody can give Spence a run for his money, it'll be Thurman. Call me crazy, but he can. At least we know he can use his legs, pot shot, and has enough power to keep Spence honest. 

Thing is, aint nobody trying to wait 5 fuckin years to see this fight. Keith isn't Floyd and nobody's clamoring for this fight as bad as people wanted see May/Pac. 

Mayweather set the bar too high, everyone wants to be a diva now, this is why boxing became boring

#88 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:23 PM

I think Thurman/Spence is a pickem 50/50 fight. It'll be Thurman's explosion vs Spence's vicious attack to the body. It'll come down to who can exploit the other's weakness. Spence doesn't move his head and feint enough. Thurman doesn't like it to the body and tends to fold when pressure is applied to him. AS far as Crawford/Spence, I'd take Spence. Crawford has more wrinkles to his game but Spence just seems too strong, poised and relentless. Plus, people seem to glass over the fact Crawford has gotten hit by lesser competition 

• flazi and KSUN247 like this

#89 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

Mayweather set the bar too high, everyone wants to be a diva now, this is why boxing became boring

Do you not think Haymon had a hand to play in that? With PBC he offered quite a few fighters to fight nobodies for a lot of money. Why would they go back to fighting top tier comp for as much money?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users