• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Would you say he was over stepping his bounds or taking a winnable fight with big incentives. Granted he is the same size as the charts whom he spars regularly it's not to far fetched. Given no welterweight wants to fight him who else can he fight?

So Garcia says he'd take the fight ...the plot thickens!

Yes we have weight classes but damn for some reason it's working well for others and others not so well and that comes with skill levels and actual size advantages. Some are taking the wrong fights for the $, some are just insane. I have no faith in Garcia winning a clear decision but then again I didn't expect Ali to show up vs cotto but that goes back to skill age and actual size.

Thoughts

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

Danny Garcia goes to hospital against spence...no contest. Canelo had issues with Trout, sure Spence is a threat there and Spence has good pivoting feet to trap opponents fleeing from his body assault... Canelo would find the home for the straight right but he would be on his bike going backwards. Opponents land 24% of power punches on Spence so he is not a punching bag. Canelo and Spence would be good

#3 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

Danny Garcia goes to hospital against spence...no contest. Canelo had issues with Trout, sure Spence is a threat there and Spence has good pivoting feet to trap opponents fleeing from his body assault... Canelo would find the home for the straight right but he would be on his bike going backwards. Opponents land 24% of power punches on Spence so he is not a punching bag. Canelo and Spence would be good

#4 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,422 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

Canelo is 160....
Garcia loses a rib against The Body Snatcher

#5 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

My apologies I failed to mention which Garcia...it wasn't cchels boy

#6 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

I didn't call for it he told deal Hoya to make the fight, if Spence wants to jump up to 60 it's on him but yes he's willing to take it

#7 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,021 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

Canelo vs Spence would be good. I think Spence had the range and power to stop Canelo. Canelo has the power to stop Spence too. its 50/50.

Kudos to Danny for calling Spence out. I'm sure his daddy doesnt want this fight. But if it happens. Spence KO 3, brutally.

• AZWildCat likes this

#8 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

I was thinking 60/40 just off size but same idea

#9 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:26 AM

Garcia should have tried to take on Horn...I also would like to see Garcia and Thurman 2. I thought Garcia earned a draw at minimum in the Thurman bout, but the cheerleaders and mascot hype for Thurman was ascendant. Garcia would have had to knock him down.. or stop him to get a win. Now the Thurman hype is waning... I see Thurman in a few fights getting his ass kicked. He has become "run time"... He does have good legs and delivers good right hand counters, but what he has been doing to win will soon not be enough... Thurman is somewhat of a marked man.. Porter, Spence, Garcia...lol.... they all want to take his head!!! lol

• AZWildCat likes this

#10 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

I like Thurman in those rematches but Spence body work is too good for him to survive
  • MAHDI likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users