• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,636 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

For all comments on tonight's HBO doubleheader.

Jack

#2 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

Looks like Thurman found an opponent. Thurman/Matthysse is credible for a comeback fight for Thurman. Matthysse will hit him to the body and is a decent boxer puncher and will provide Thurman with that "work.". If Thurman underestimates Matthysse, he can lose his belt. 

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

Totally forgot about this card until I got close to home last night. I was tired as shit, but as always, I'm willing to stay up for some boxing! To my dismay, the f*ckin power went out for a couple of mins and it took the satellite 20 years to boot up. I fell asleep, but ended up watching it this morning. 

Linares is always game, and I'm sure he'll make a great matchup with anybody at 35 or 40. I've never been a Gesta fan and I was totally over him after that travesty of a fight against Vasquez on the Pac/JMM 4 card. Vasquez makes a horrible fight for anybody. 

As far as the Matthysse/Kiram....it's clear as day, Matthysse's best days are behind him, mainly against guys who box well. Back in the day, he would still end up overwhelming them and hurting/stopping them. Last night showed us how horrible he is at slipping the jab. Jesus, smh. 

I swear it looked like Kiram took a dive on the 2nd knockdown. I was thoroughly disappointed, but whatever. Lucas probably has two high level fights left in him before he becomes a journeyman for good. I can see him against Crawford sooner or later, but that's the only fight I can think of at the moment. 

Thing is, as long as he's in with a guy who stands in front of him, he'll always be a "knockout artist", so that's his calling card until people get tired of him coming up short when it matters. He didn't look good at all last night, he looked bloated and uninterested. 

• The Original MrFactor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users