Showtime@10(ET)/7PM(PT)-Benavidez vs. Gavril II/Garcia vs. Rios (SPOILERS)- No Fox Fight Discussion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,602 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:56 PM

For all the action on the Showtime card here:

#2 Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,338 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

Should be fun while it lasts. I just don't know how much Rios has left, but honestly, I won't count him. Why? Because THIS is the type of fight most fighters will get up for....run those extra miles for, etc. Now, if he does pull it off (especially in a spectacular fashion), then he's given himself a huge responsibility. 

Anyway....Danny by UD 8-4

#3 AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

Garcia md

#4 KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:40 AM

This was a good ass fight. Danny Garcia laid Rios out in the 9th with a big right hand. TKO by Danny.

#5 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,997 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

Man, this fight shouldnt have been that close. I think Danny was carrying Rios. Rios is done as a fighter. He looks and acts like he's got severe brain damage. Nice kid, from what it seems. I hope someone loves him enough to tell his to quit. His reaction to the KO punch looked really bad.

WTF were the Porter's doing?? Typically a classy guy, Porter's bumrush wasn't too classy. 

#6 Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,338 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:14 AM

I was ready to post but I noticed I left my damn laptop charger at work, so I had to shut it down for the evening. Smh

I caught the TKO of Ray Robinson....no way in hell that guy was okay enough to fight back, though a lot of those shots were missing at the end. When the ref called it off, Robinson had no legs under him, just a silly "Why did you stop it?" look on his face. 

As for Benavidez/Gavril....Gavril's corner was straight trash. Eddie was gonna get that guy hurt, talking about, "He's tired! He's finished! Blah blah blah". Nah bro.....GAVRIL'S tired and finished, no Benavidez. That fight should've been stopped after 9, but oh well. Benavidez is a class act and impressive as hell to be that size and pull off the punches he landed. As Paulie mentioned, Benavidez's composure was top notch, especially to be 21 years old. 

Garcia/Rios: I enjoyed it while it lasted, but Danny seemed tentative in spots, maybe because of the layoff. As Mr. Factor said, it's possible that Danny carried Rios into the later rounds. I believe everywhere knew Rios was a shot fighter, so Danny was in a catch 22 situation. Had he blitzed Rios before the midpoint of the fight, people would've talked bad about him. Why not get in some rounds against a former champion and shake the rust off? I've never seen Bam Bam go down like that....shit kinda stung a bit. He's slurring his speech and it's been that way for years, it's time for him to hang em up. No judgement from me, I just don't want to see him looking crazy out here in the upcoming years because he quit too late. 

And the Porters.....the f'in Porters, smh. 

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#7 Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

Danny didn't look good. I think Porter beats him because he is more skilled with his aggression than Rios is. That being said, that was a beautiful punch. Perfectly timed. I was a bit annoyed by Shawn and his pops bumrushing the ring. I don't get why these guys are allowed in the ring. I never liked it. I don't mind trash talking but do it some other time like the press conference. Seems like a matter of time before it leads to an in ring riot. Also, I think that was entirely Kenny Porter's doing but at some point, as with Lonzo Ball, you have to be your own man and shut your pops down. 

Edited by Franchize, 22 February 2018 - 08:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users