Photo

Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Wilder vs. Ortiz-SPOILERS (No HBO Fight Card Discussion.)

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#71 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,642 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:30 AM

I'm torn here. The first four rounds were shit. Doesn't either guy know how to throw combinations? I think they were both too leary of each other's power. Ortiz could have had him in the 7th had he been busier. When they exchanged, it was great, but not often enough. I still favor AJ over Wilder, unless he looks really bad against Parker.

Jack

#72 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:42 AM

Ortiz was not fast enough to close out Wilder nor could he react quick enough to Wilder's explosive unorthodoxy late...Ortiz had a weight advantage negated by his poor stamina. Ortiz wilted...gassed out. Wilder is lean muscle and 215 is all you need when you are 6 foot 7 and all muscle. Wilder's better physical condition and strength and chin won him the bout
  • The Original MrFactor likes this

#73 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:56 AM

great fight.  wilder power is fucking otherwordly.  Ortiz is a great boxer he just need to work on that stamina, he might have thyroid issues it appears.  damn that dude is 240 something, shit i am 6 feet 240.  time to lose 10lbs.

lil kim wtf?  she white now?

Dirrell, damn what a waste of talent.  i don't think his heart is in it anymore.  great win for uztacegui.  that dude keep coming.

#74 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

I'm torn here. The first four rounds were shit. Doesn't either guy know how to throw combinations? I think they were both too leary of each other's power. Ortiz could have had him in the 7th had he been busier. When they exchanged, it was great, but not often enough. I still favor AJ over Wilder, unless he looks really bad against Parker.

Jack

Sheeit... Joshua aint beating Wilder. Parker will make Joshua look bad. He might lose to Parker. Go back and watch his fight against Ruiz. Parker can fight and he's very active. I thought Ruiz won, but Parker is no slouch. His activity will Have Joshua gassed in 5 rounds.

Edited by The Original MrFactor, 04 March 2018 - 12:25 PM.

• flazi likes this

#75 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,642 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

Sheeit... Joshua aint beating Wilder. Parker will make Joshua look bad. He might lose to Parker. Go back and watch his fight against Ruiz. Parker can fight and he's very active. I thought Ruiz won, but Parker is no slouch. His activity will Have Joshua gassed in 5 rounds.

I make Wilder-Joshua a 60/40 fight in AJ's favor.  Remember, it will be in the UK if it happens, and a UK ref, which we CANNOT have in this fight, will stop the fight too early if Wilder gets in trouble.  Neutral officials are a must for this fight.  Joshua the busier fighter. More skilled.  Wilder the harder puncher and proven chin.  But Joshua with homecourt advantage.

Mr. Factor, you are right.  Everyone is assuming Parker will be an easy fight for Joshua.  They will likely be wrong.  Joshua will get a decision almost no matter what to protect a Wilder-Joshua fight.  More money involved.

Jack

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#76 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

Damn I predicted a barn burner and boy did we get it. 

Firstly, I feel bad for Dirrell. His reflexes are clearly shot. He couldn't get out of the way of punches he used to easily slip. He's never been the same since the Abraham fight and should probably retire. Haven't many guys with worse luck. Not taking anything away from Uzcategui. He fought an awesome fight and is a real player at 168. 

Even on fight night tho, more unfortunate and undeserving drama/controversy with a Dirrell fight. Big fan of Virgil Hunter but damn, him, Stitch and that corner failed Dirrell. There was a bunch of confusion going on and he went at least 2 rounds without quality instruction based on the nonsense in the corner.

AS for the main event, we all saw what happened. No need to rehash the obvious. Ortiz is still a monster. Nothing to be ashamed of. Bottom line is, you have to be sharp every second of every round with Wilder or it could be your last. Wilder is still wild, but incredible athletic and dynamic. Guys... *whispers* Heavyweight boxing is slowly but surely coming back. Shhhhhhh Winner of Parker/Joshua should clearly fight Wilder but I want to see the loser fight Ortiz. I really am impressed with Ortiz. He fought a hell of a fight. He's rather slow footed but he's so crafty and technically sound. 

• The Original MrFactor and flazi like this

#77 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

After watching this again I like Ortiz in a rematch...I think he can evade and be prepared for the wild unorthodoxy of wilder. Because he was working Wilder lol... Needs to come in lighter and ensure he has more in the tank for the last 3 rounds. Honestly, if he just boxed, tied up here and there and not allowed Wilder to clip him with those wild shots he had the fight won in my view... He needs to get a good nutritionist. he looks like a porkchop eating mofo.... Wilder lives out his name for sure.. HIs wild swinging shots are dangerous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users