67 replies to this topic

#31 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:13 PM

This is a tough call,

I would say cancel the fight, don't allow Delahoya or Canelo to profit and have Golovkin fight Billy Sauders for the WBO Middleweight strap and than retire.  But that's me.  Here are my other thoughts:

If the commission cancels the fight and does not reschedule, there is too much money lost.  If the commission goes through with the fight, people will say they did it for the money grab and the A-side can get away with anything. There is only about three weeks of training for the event following the April 10th hearing, if the May 5th date stays in place.

What will probably happen is this.  The commission will reschedule the fight for September, with the plan for it to be on Mexican Independence Day, September 15th, not the actual day of the 16th because that is on a Sunday.  The FIRM condition will be that Canelo Alveraz MUST submit to random 24/7 PED testing for that entire time and also cannot fight during that time.  If ANY positives come back for the duration of that time, the fight is cancelled and Canello is out of boxing for two years.  This would pretty much be the end of his career.  It woud be a middle of the road call.  Meanwhile, Triple GGG could decide do I want to still go through with the fight or not?  He still has that decision regardless of the commission's ruling.

Satch

he won't need clen then.  he is already in shape from using the clen so all he would have to do is go into maintanance mode.

#32 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:07 AM

Man, they know damn well they're going to let this fight play out. A "suspension"? Tuh! C'mon son!

• flazi likes this

#33 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

I think most athletes cheat in general, but for fair procedure if you get caught, strip his title and let him fight his way up for a GGG rematch. This fight should not continue unless GGG is willing to push for it, like Wilder pushed for Ortiz.

• flazi likes this

#34 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

I think most athletes cheat in general, but for fair procedure if you get caught, strip his title and let him fight his way up for a GGG rematch. This fight should not continue unless GGG is willing to push for it, like Wilder pushed for Ortiz.

i like this idea

#35 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

Man, they know damn well they're going to let this fight play out. A "suspension"? Tuh! C'mon son!

i know right... they just fucking with our emotions with this "suspension"

#36 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:39 AM

i know right... they just fucking with our emotions with this "suspension"

Right....and further selling the fight. I won't lie, Canelo wouldn't have done a shittier job drawing attention to himself. :lol:

• flazi likes this

#37 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

Wilder didn't push for povetkin tho

#38 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Wilder didn't push for povetkin tho

not cause he was scared.  he even said after the ortiz fight he felt something for him cause of their daughters both being sick and all.

• AZWildCat likes this

#39 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:02 PM

On that note a rematch shouldn't be hard to make Happen, hell have Joshua granted he gets by Parker or hell Parker vs wilder big baby vs Ortiz Joshua Parker loser vs povetkin price winner

#respect

#40 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:04 PM

Same card... foolish not to have some type of tourney on same card same night
  • flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users