• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:54 AM

I believe Broner loses this one badly....as bad as the Maidana fight. 

Thoughts?

#2 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,060 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:12 AM

I dont know if it will be as bad as Maidana. I think he loses though. On the flip side, I'm actually hoping that Broner wins this. I hope he bites down and uses his speed and skills. Giving credit where credit is due. Broner takes on real challenges, win or lose. He has my respect. I do think he's been gunshy since Maidana. This fight may relegate Broner to latent career, Zab Judah status. Just a gatekeeper...

• flazi and Franchize like this

#3 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:06 AM

Jesse is a dog house veteran, AB skills are non active at this stage of combat. With Jesse learning how to sit on those ko punches one can only wonder if broner goes down to stay there. I can't see anything broner can do to stop Jesses 1 2 groove.

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

Not gonna lie he's definitely in shape..rare form at that, but I'm still taking Vargas. I've seen to many vids of him saying he's back just to look average. Average about won't win this fight

#5 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:55 AM

He is fighting Vargas now? Good luck with that one. Maybe he can keep his ass out of jail and stop whining about how Floyd doesn't call him. WTF, dude lose weight, stay in the gym, and please don't be your stupid ass self. So much promise and but such a small brain. 

• Franchize likes this

#6 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

He is fighting Vargas now? Good luck with that one. Maybe he can keep his ass out of jail and stop whining about how Floyd doesn't call him. WTF, dude lose weight, stay in the gym, and please don't be your stupid ass self. So much promise and but such a small brain.

Oh he's definitely in shape, it's other areas of his game in question

#7 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:59 AM

I feel like the man or woman who keeps going back to the person that cheated on them with this one but I kinda wanna see Broner win this fight. Reason 1 being the fact that that lanyard head mfer bet him 300k he won't and I wanna see that clown (literally) lose and have to pay up. It's almost equivalent to having to pay for the damage he's done to rap lol. Reason 2 is because, though Broner is a disappointment, he at least has unique skills that make for interesting matchups. Jesse, though respectable, is just a guy to me. He doesn't do anything interesting. I can't get excited to see him fight regardless of whether he has a belt or not. I liken him to Josesito Lopez. A motivated Broner, and I mean TRULY motivated, not just instagram talk, is more intriguing to me that any version of Jesse Vargas. When Floyd said "Jesse Vargas is the future of boxing" I knew even he didn't believe that.

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

I feel like the man or woman who keeps going back to the person that cheated on them with this one but I kinda wanna see Broner win this fight. Reason 1 being the fact that that lanyard head mfer bet him 300k he won't and I wanna see that clown (literally) lose and have to pay up. It's almost equivalent to having to pay for the damage he's done to rap lol. Reason 2 is because, though Broner is a disappointment, he at least has unique skills that make for interesting matchups. Jesse, though respectable, is just a guy to me. He doesn't do anything interesting. I can't get excited to see him fight regardless of whether he has a belt or not. I liken him to Josesito Lopez. A motivated Broner, and I mean TRULY motivated, not just instagram talk, is more intriguing to me that any version of Jesse Vargas. When Floyd said "Jesse Vargas is the future of boxing" I knew even he didn't believe that.

:lol:

I hate that little Tekashi rat fuck, I swear!

I just can't deal with Broner anymore. I only say that because I don't feel like he'll even be a good journeyman at this point. Journeymen are supposed to test the skills of up and coming fighters, but Broner seems to be one of those guys who fizzles out for good. Most guys fade late in their careers and show glimpses of their old selves every other fight, but I don't think Broner is one of those guys. 

Maybe it's his pride and lack of discipline outside of the ring. For instance, Austin Trout was a guy that we all discovered was never that good, but he makes a great journeyman because he ALWAYS puts up a fight, even when he knows he's outgunned. He's taken smaller paydays over the years, but he still fights like he wants another shot at a world title. 

I can see Broner robbing a Citgo if shit doesn't go his way late in his career. 

• flazi likes this

#9 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:39 PM

i actually want broner to win but i have to be realistic.  I think he is great for boxing but years of believing his own press clippings and taking the low hanging fruit has seen him reduced to what he is now.  but all of that can change with a win but i see him getting outworked.  He won't be ko'ed, dude has a chin.

#10 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,060 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:22 AM

Back against the wall Adrien. I hope Broner wins. I dont think he wins, but I hope h wins. I'm not a Jesse Vargas fan. i think the guy juices, especially in his fight with Saddam Ali. he looked physically different. Ala Juan Manuel Marquez, different. Rooting for the upset here. I hope Broner goes all out and tries to throw punches and uses his speed to beat Vargas. Dont be tentative, if you're reading this. Getting punched in the face is part of the game. Punch him in his, more than he punches you in yours...

Edited by The Original MrFactor, 21 April 2018 - 12:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users