#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:16 AM

http://www.fighthype...ticle32602.html

Man listen! 

Lomachenko looks to be moving up to lightweight....just one step closer to Mikey Garcia, which probably won't happen because of Bob.....but stranger things have happened. 

#2 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,010 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

Barn burner for sure. Linares is a speedy guy like Lomachenko. This should be very interesting. Can Lomachenko overwhealm a guy like Linares or did he bite off more than he can chew.

#3 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:13 PM

I'll take loma by late round towel toss
  • The Original MrFactor likes this

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:52 AM

Barn burner for sure. Linares is a speedy guy like Lomachenko. This should be very interesting. Can Lomachenko overwhealm a guy like Linares or did he bite off more than he can chew.

He may have bitten off more than he can chew. Lomachenko hasn't been in any wars, so there's obviously not much wear and tear on his body, so we'll see.

I only say that because his weight jumps remind me Donaire and Mares in their day. By the time they made that last jump, things went left....but the writing was on the wall well before that. We haven't seen that in Loma, so who knows. 

#5 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

Linares is fast, offensive minded, has a good jab and can box...should pose problems for Lomachenko's jump in weight

#6 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:46 AM

I think Linares will make it interesting early because he's talented but will fade as he always does and Loma will pick him apart.

Edited by Franchize, 17 March 2018 - 06:48 AM.

• MAHDI likes this

#7 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:28 AM

I think Linares will make it interesting early because he's talented but will fade as he always does and Loma will pick him apart

Mental toughness will be a factor... I am interested how Lomanchencko reacts to some quick right hand shots behind a good jab. Linares has both

#8 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

Mental toughness will be a factor... I am interested how Lomanchencko reacts to some quick right hand shots behind a good jab. Linares has both

That's true. I've always been skeptical of Lomachenko's ability to win a rough and rugged fight. My bold prediction has always been that the next person to beat him will be a Mexican or Argentinian. For some reason, they seem to have the style to beat his. It's all fun and games when you can weave in and out and pick guys apart. Im curious to see what happens when he runs into a guy who can take his punches and is willing to eat a few to deliver his own. A Maidana type of guy with an iron beard who don't give a fuck. That said, Linares isn't that guy.

• AZWildCat and MAHDI like this

#9 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:11 AM

Does Lomo even have to train? I mean he is already the greatest that ever laced them up, 12 fights in all. 

Jump in weight and the ability to carry and move the same way in lower could be a factor in his performance. Linares is going to bring out all the tricks, I think he uses his jab to close in on Lomo and his speed to offset Lomo's. This fight will go 13 rounds with so BIG DRAMA in the early and middle rounds. No one sees the canvas. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users