2 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,615 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:56 AM

Guys,

Terrance Crawford has suffered a hand injury, forcing his fight against Jeff Horn to be postphoned to May or June.  The RUMOR at this time is that the fight won't be on ESPN or traditional PPV, but a monthly new subscription service called ESPN Plus.

ESPN Plus is going to provide a $4.99 per month streaming service for subscribers to cover sports not on any of ESPN's traditional cable/dish stations.  Bob Arum wants to expand his Top Rank boxing contract to include additional fights, possibly including Crawford-Horn on the monthly subscription service.

What are your thoughts on this?  Most live streams of PPV's in the past have been spotty at best.  Slow and lost connections, shitty picture.  Yes it will be a monthly optional and cheaper subscription fee.  However, the principle behind doing this sucks.  As the whole point of bringing boxing to prime time ESPN was to eliminate the downward trend of boxing as a PPV.

If Crawford-Horn ends up on the ESPN plus service, do you pay the monthly fee, or not?  Here is an article about ESPN plus in general:

http://money.cnn.com...sney/index.html

Jack

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:25 AM

Crawford the welterweight ? who is being hailed as the P4p best by many (not me).... If he fails to impress emphatically against Horn, his chances for PPV success  going forward will go into the toilet bowl lol... 

#3 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

I'd rather him take a step back than go forward and blame a poor performance or loss on an injured hand.

After all the trash talk from horns camp I've seen we gonna find out 2 things come fight night.

Either manny just didn't have it anymore

Or

Horn is really a problem for the division

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users