Photo

Showtime@5PM(ET)/2PM(PT)-Joshua vs. Parker-Heavyweight Championship Unification (SPOILERS-No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

These UK post-fight interviews are way too long and unorganized. 

#32 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

AJ called out Wilder, but I think it's just a front for the UK fans to get them hyped up.

It really wasn't a call out either. It was a "damn I'm tired of people pressuring me, I better save face" lol

• Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#33 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,684 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

Boring fight.  Cards too wide for AJ  116-112 to 115-113 for AJ seemed more realistic.  I might take Wilder in the unification after this, if he can get by Joshua's jab.  Wilder must knock out Joshua in the UK to win.  Terrible ref tonight.  He would not let them work on the inside at all.

• KSUN247 likes this

#34 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

Yawn. AJ sucks. Can't wait till Wilder beats him down.

#35 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,402 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:27 AM

Fury beats both. gg

also the ref was terrible

#36 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,558 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:19 AM

Went 12 rounds, not his best performance. I think Joshua was trying his best to look for a KO but Parker wasn't having it.  He won, cards were horrible. I think Wilder happens sometime in December in London. It should be fun. 

#37 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

1. I'm not sure AJ would beat Ortiz. What Wilder gets lambasted for also helped win him the fight. If Wilder tried to be fundamentally sound vs Ortiz, he would have lost. It's like when Canelo tried to outbox Floyd but worse. You can't make up that experience gap in one training camp. AJ, while a little more fundamentally sound, doesn't seem to have the wrinkles in his game to make Ortiz work. I think Ortiz would see those punches coming from a mile away and methodically pick him apart. 

2. Conversely, I don't like when people look at one fight's results and completely determine the outcome of another fight solely based on them. It's one thing to see something fundamentally wrong and make a prediction but "he did X vs Y and therefore will do A vs B" doesn't work in boxing. You don't know what went on in training camp, what he was thinking that night, what his motivation was etc. Last night's fight didn't change my opinion either way about Wilder vs Joshua, but if it did, it would be based on what happened. Not the score cards. (not saying anyone in here did that btw).

3. I don't care whose side you're on. Two things should be universally agreed upon. A. Wilder wants that fight with Joshua B. That ref last night was ATROCIOUS. 

• flazi, Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#38 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,053 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

I always felt it would be a close fight on paper. It was in the ring as well. Must have had 3 Adalaide Byrd's judging the fight. Not to mention, EVERY time Parker got inside Joshua, the ref stepped in and told him that "you arent supposed to be winning this buddy..." Joshua was timid and refused to let his hands go. Why, you ask?? Because Parker controlled the fight with his jab. Parker's big problem was that he didnt do much else. Joshua could not get around the Parker jab. I think Joshua did  just enough to win. The fact that he couldnt get past a smaller guy's jab is very telling. Dare i say, Joshua was very flinchy and almost appeared gunshy. Perhaps the Klitschko knockdown was on his mind. The two immediate fights after Klit have been extremely lackluster. He won both, but not impressively. 

Sooooo The 800 pound gorilla in the room for Eddie Hearn is Wilder. Joshua, sort of, said he wants the fight. Again, sort of... Hearn says the other side hasnt reached out. Well, perhaps Hearn should reach out with an offer to fight in England. Wilder has publicly stated he wants the fight and will travel to beat ass. I'm sure Al Hayman has his pen ready to sign the deal. So whats stopping it? Hearn. Period. He knows how this is going to go down. Testing... If Joshua gets past that, then the fight....

Joshua v Wilder. Wilder pumps out a stiff jab, keeping Joshua at bay for about 4 rounds. Then He clubs Joshua with a right and closes the deal. We'll have an American undisputed HW Champ. Just like that, but in 2019. Hearn. Period...

#39 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,684 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:42 PM

Fury beats both. gg

also the ref was terrible

Fury has been out for too long and must be proven clean and active once again to be considered for contender status.

Jack

#40 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,402 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

Fury has been out for too long and must be proven clean and active once again to be considered for contender status.

Jack

okay, a Fury from the Klit fight would beat both :P

Although his lack of power always makes me wonder if he could keep either honest. They might not have the best chins but they can take a hit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users