• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

This is next week and there has been little talk.. This will be good. I am sure Hurd thinks he can walk down Lara.. Lara may run him into something nasty... I cannot call this one but Hurd will make this bout intense--- could be a classic 

• Cshel86 and AZWildCat like this

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:15 PM

I got Lara winning a decision. Think he is too crafty for Hurd. Lara definitely will have to stick and move because Hurd will keep coming forward taking shots, while trying to land his own. Lara by UD.
  • flazi, AZWildCat and MAHDI like this

#3 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:00 AM

Hurd already says he knows its gonna come down to whether he's effective coming forward or does he succumb to Lara taking the air out the fight and meticulously picking him off. Intriguing.

• Cshel86 and AZWildCat like this

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:47 PM

True 50/50 fight. I honestly think this comes down to Laras wear n tear with age added to it. We have an aging matador vs a young bull. Who ever imposes their game plan to a tee wins..a year or two ago I would have chosen Lara quickly but this is a hard one for me
  • Cshel86 likes this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

As you all know, I absolutely despise Lara. I hope he gets mauled on Saturday night, but we can't have everything we want out of life. He has the ability to make fights boring as fuck, then wonders why he's on the receiving end of an awful decision after the final bell. 

I want to see this one in real time, but I'll be at the Big Krit concert on Saturday night....so please keep me posted. This concert pissed me off! The last time Krit was here, was back in December 2015....which we saw him on a Friday night and he added a Saturday show at the last minute. Cool. 

This time, they released the tickets for the Saturday show, we bought them quickly....fearing that they'd sell out....and whadaya know....he added a Friday show the following week. Whatever. 

I just hope Lara tastes the deck and fades off into obscurity....he's bad for boxing as far as I'm concerned. 

#6 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

I haven't seen nothing from Hurd that i think could trouble lara.  lara md 12.

#7 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:11 PM

Busy fight for Lara. Maybe he gets GGG In August or September since Canelo won't be with us for a year.

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:57 AM

I haven't seen nothing from Hurd that i think could trouble lara.  lara md 12.

He's a big ass 154 lber who squares up and puts pressure on guys. I like him, but the squaring up part might be his undoing. And....I fuckin hate Lara! Lol

• flazi and Franchize like this

#9 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

What cshel said is true his biggest strength will be his undoing

#10 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:23 AM

Hurd is boxing version of that kid in the draft who didn't play organized football or basketball until late that you're just hoping you can grab before his mistakes become permanent habits. He's physically gifted and imposing, but as Shel says, he squares up WAY too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users