• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:03 AM

I really did like Thurman when he came out. He was hungry and fighting... a lot. Calling out everyone willing to fight them in any city. This dude wins a belt a few big matches and now he has turned into Adonis Stevenson. He now has a hand injury, he dances around Errol  Spence questions and he won't mention a rematch between him and Garcia. Crawford dare not come from his mouth.  Two things can happen, either he takes soft touches for two to three fights or he takes one soft touch and gets sparked by either Spence or Khan (joking on that last one). Truth is, Keith is believing his own hype, he is married now and perhaps he wants to clap cheeks all day and read Ghandi essays. Who fuckin knows but dude is starting to piss me and other boxing fans off. 

• MAHDI likes this

#2 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

But that was ok just 10 years ago... Not gonna mention the fighters name, because you know who it is. Could have fought Margarito or Williams or Mosley. Chose to retire. Then came back to insult us with a fight against Juan Manuel Marquez who had to jump up 2 weight classes. Now in 2018, we're complaining because Thurman does almost the same shit. Could fight Spence or Crawford or Garcia or Porter. Chooses to sit out on an injury and now people are questioning his heart or desire or something. A lot of you guys bought into this shit 10 years ago. That let certain fighters off the hook. Now everybody is playing these games. Stevenson, Thurman, Swift Garcia... 

#3 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

But that was ok just 10 years ago... Not gonna mention the fighters name, because you know who it is. Could have fought Margarito or Williams or Mosley. Chose to retire. Then came back to insult us with a fight against Juan Manuel Marquez who had to jump up 2 weight classes. Now in 2018, we're complaining because Thurman does almost the same shit. Could fight Spence or Crawford or Garcia or Porter. Chooses to sit out on an injury and now people are questioning his heart or desire or something. A lot of you guys bought into this shit 10 years ago. That let certain fighters off the hook. Now everybody is playing these games. Stevenson, Thurman, Swift Garcia...

Mayweather wasn't going to fight plaster hands because he was in dispute with Arum and just left Top Rank, Williams fight was never talker about Paul even said it in an interview. Mosely had a tooth ache and Juan called Floyd out so yeah. And Marquez would of gotten his ass handed to him at any weight, per Juan.

Thurman has made every damn excuse about Spence. He don't want it.
  • flazi likes this

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

Then came back to insult us with a fight against Juan Manuel Marquez who had to jump up 2 weight classes. A lot of you guys bought into this shit 10 years ago

Stop right there

Can't use that

If he made Manny come up two classes at that same time nobody would say s***, that argument is canceled

And he never paraded around an injury
  • flazi and Plah like this

#5 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:11 PM

I too was fond of Thurman but this shit is getting outta "hand"!

He gets one tune up then he need to fight somebody!!!!

Porter is more deserving than Garcia

Edited by AZWildCat, 01 April 2018 - 09:13 PM.

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

I'm sure nobody would care about Thurman's status, if he wasn't holding two belts hostage. The WW division is on fire....we need to see these guys get it on before it's all said and done. 

As fans, we know damn well these guys won't fight each other back to back, we get it. Keith on the other hand, talks so much, but as soon as it's time to make things happen, he gets injured before, during, or after a fight. We had to wait 3 more months to see the Porter fight, because Keith dented his Prius. As soon as he became the Unified champ after the Garcia fight, then came the elbow injury. 

I get it, most fighters deal with nagging injuries throughout their careers, but just don't hold belts hostage and make us all wait for certain fights to happen. I mean, the dude says he had an elbow injury, but got married during his hiatus. I'd say planning a wedding is just as painful as an elbow injury....but what do I know?

• The Original MrFactor and flazi like this

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:34 PM

And for the record, Floyd is the last man that should be given a pass for what he did back in the day. At the end of the day, it was annoying as hell and has now proliferated the boxing community. 

A lot of fighters with 15-20 fights and one notable win, is acting like they run the damn boxing game. They start to act like divas and such. Problem is, they make too much damn money under Haymon....this is why I appreciate Bob's fighters in most cases. A lot of them aren't out here making 2-3M to fight C-level guys...they usually make 6 figures and we see them fight 2-3 per year. 

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#8 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:49 AM

And for the record, Floyd is the last man that should be given a pass for what he did back in the day. At the end of the day, it was annoying as hell and has now proliferated the boxing community. 

A lot of fighters with 15-20 fights and one notable win, is acting like they run the damn boxing game. They start to act like divas and such. Problem is, they make too much damn money under Haymon....this is why I appreciate Bob's fighters in most cases. A lot of them aren't out here making 2-3M to fight C-level guys...they usually make 6 figures and we see them fight 2-3 per year. 

My point was that many of the folks who come here, accepted the BS when it was Mayweather. Rather than fight in a HOT WW division, he retired. Now Thurman is following the same playbook, but not being given a pass.

#9 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:32 AM

My point was that many of the folks who come here, accepted the BS when it was Mayweather. Rather than fight in a HOT WW division, he retired. Now Thurman is following the same playbook, but not being given a pass.

I think the difference is, Floyd was at the top for most of his career, retired at the top, came back, regained the top, then retired at the top as we know it. Thurman has two good wins, and thinks all of a sudden he doesn't have to fight anybody. The two aren't comparable imho.

• Dolimite likes this

#10 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:04 AM

Adonis still KOs guys when he gets in there lol... Thurman does not and does not seem to have KO power at 147...

• KSUN247 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users