• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

But that was ok just 10 years ago... Not gonna mention the fighters name, because you know who it is. Could have fought Margarito or Williams or Mosley. Chose to retire. Then came back to insult us with a fight against Juan Manuel Marquez who had to jump up 2 weight classes. Now in 2018, we're complaining because Thurman does almost the same shit. Could fight Spence or Crawford or Garcia or Porter. Chooses to sit out on an injury and now people are questioning his heart or desire or something. A lot of you guys bought into this shit 10 years ago. That let certain fighters off the hook. Now everybody is playing these games. Stevenson, Thurman, Swift Garcia... 

:nono:

• Plah likes this

#12 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

Adonis still KOs guys when he gets in there lol... Thurman does not and does not seem to have KO power at 147...

He fooled us with that "One Time" mess....dude hasn't legitimately knocked anybody out since Soto-Karass nearly 5 years ago. 

• MAHDI likes this

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

...and he's injured AGAIN and his May 19th return has been pushed back. Just vacate the belts already, dude. 

#14 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:18 PM

...and he's injured AGAIN and his May 19th return has been pushed back. Just vacate the belts already, dude.

Dude didn't have an opponent, who was he going to fight? Karem Mayfield or Berto. Fuckin fake ass Gandhi!

#15 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

What other weight was he at for those ko's

#16 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,010 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

:nono:

There was some truth to what he said here. I dont think he was scared or ducking. I just think he didnt want the November date. He didnt fight anymore that year, then came back in January of the next year to fight a guy Mayweather ran from. Then fought Mayweather right after. Truth be told, Mayweather retired when the WW division was stacked with talent. Check out this vid. A lot of the stuff is biased, but the guy does bring up some valid points.   

https://youtu.be/RLnAuSdeCHI

#17 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:39 AM

There was some truth to what he said here. I dont think he was scared or ducking. I just think he didnt want the November date. He didnt fight anymore that year, then came back in January of the next year to fight a guy Mayweather ran from. Then fought Mayweather right after. Truth be told, Mayweather retired when the WW division was stacked with talent. Check out this vid. A lot of the stuff is biased, but the guy does bring up some valid points.   

https://youtu.be/RLnAuSdeCHI

So one guy fought more world champs than anyone in the sport but another guy gets a pass because his tooth was loose and he needed a vacation? OK. 

BTW didn't Freitas quit vs Chico? But Floyd was ducking him? That dude has like 20 videos dissing Floyd, including one saying Floyd ducked Winky Wright who, if memory serves me correct spent most of his career at 154 n 160...

I just dont get how we're equating Floyd and Keith. Keith's had 2 wins of note. Neither were dominant and he's looked mediocre against guys like Collazo and Bundu. Before the Marquez fight, Floyd was already a HOFer. He had a 2nd HOF career as Money. Look I'm admittedly a Floyd fan, but even if it was Manny...enough is enough. PPL gotta stop letting their dislike cloud their better judgement. Keith has TWO WINS vs top tier opposition and in BOTH he eeked them out. Dude is talented but he is not the boogieman he professed to be. 

p.s. and he dont seem to want no action with Spence.

• MAHDI likes this

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:55 AM

Dude didn't have an opponent, who was he going to fight? Karem Mayfield or Berto. Fuckin fake ass Gandhi!

Exactly! For us to wait til March 31st to find out he had an injury, is another kick in the pants. All of that time passed and we didn't hear about an opponent, so it couldn't have been anybody remotely important. 

#19 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:30 AM

Now we gotta wait until he heals again AND a tune up fight. This sucks because Welterweight is my favorite division. All I know is, once his tuneup is done, I don't wanna hear shit about "I gotta talk it over with my team" or "we gotta let the megafight build" I want to see Keith fighting someone of note. If it's not Spence, it better be Crawford (probably not), or at the very least Danny or Shawn rematch. I don't wanna hear shit about Mikey Garcia or Broner or Jessie Vargas or Joe Horn. Take your tuneup, which we all know he will, and then get back fighting big time fights.

• Cshel86 likes this

#20 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

Exactly! For us to wait til March 31st to find out he had an injury, is another kick in the pants. All of that time passed and we didn't hear about an opponent, so it couldn't have been anybody remotely important.

I promise you his next fight will be against Victor Ortiz. People won't completely shit on him for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users